• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xplicit man you're doing the lord's work
rejoice.png

I think we all knew Nami would be number one, but obviously since it's a Bungie game 7 is the best ;)

Hahaha he can almost make a whole OT himself!

Anastasis

What about when it's not giving you anything at all? Granted, I always place last in pretty much every match I do so I guess it makes sense not to get rewarded for being terrible.

I feel like everyone can kill me way faster then I can do them. Is part of it them having simply much better weapons? I know I'm terrible but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong honestly.

I'm really bad as well. Don't worry! I think the crucible has a huge learning curve. It scares the mediocre away and so the people that do stick around are pretty good. Part of the problem is that everything is new. Wait till things solidify and new weapons are understood a bit better and subclass builds are sorted out more.

Voror

I'm really bad as well. Don't worry! I think the crucible has a huge learning curve. It scares the mediocre away and so the people that do stick around are pretty good. Part of the problem is that everything is new. Wait till things solidify and new weapons are understood a bit better and subclass builds are sorted out more.

I suppose though I wish the rewards system would actually give me something other than motes of light when it actually does decide to give me something. I've managed to get a sniper rifle but that's about it. And I have no idea how anyone is successful as a sniper in these matches with how fast paced everything is.

Gordon

Doesn't help that trueskill seems to have no bearing whatsoever. I play with a group who, like me, have reasonably low trueskill ratings, and we almost always end up with one or two players on the other team who are obviously way out of our league that end up roflstomping us. I don't know how many games have ended with everybody on my team ~0.8, 4 players against us ~0.6, and two players against us with like 7.0 k/d. I don't even know what it's using to match people because half the time a good chunk of the other team is from like Brazil or Mexico, and I'm from Canada - so it can't be ping lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is no fucking reason that these shotguns should have more range than a sidearm

Dalek

I really just detest playing in the Crucible. It's zero fun for me. Just one shotted at every turn.

I wish these gunsmith challenges weren't tied to Crucible at all.

Shiv47

I haven't kept up with the thread super closely as I've been playing a warlock from scratch, but I've taken three engrams to the Cryptarch and none of them have popped for anything, just the meager rep. Has that happened for others?

Afrocious

I suppose though I wish the rewards system would actually give me something other than motes of light when it actually does decide to give me something. I've managed to get a sniper rifle but that's about it. And I have no idea how anyone is successful as a sniper in these matches with how fast paced everything is.

Hey add me on PSN. After a year off from the game, I've decided to bite the bullet and play crucible despite being a heavy raider.

I'm practicing by playing Skirmish. I'm not good at PvP and avoided it for a while for personal reasons, but I can see small improvement.

Ramirez

If only Bungie would enable power in all playlists, you could gate all of these broken weapons from carrying forward. But alas...

Gordon

I really just detest playing in the Crucible. It's zero fun for me. Just one shotted at every turn.

I wish these gunsmith challenges weren't tied to Crucible at all.
At least 3/5 aren't - Bungie's pvp fetish is was really bugging the shit out of me, making the vast majority of good legendaries crucible drops and putting garbage in pve.

Edit: here's hoping the armsday reward guns aren't trash because pve is an option lol

Wallach

If only Bungie would enable power in all playlists, you could gate all of these broken weapons from carrying forward. But alas...

They should just junk that entire category of shotguns, kind of like the adjustment on the PR stat tier. I don't think there's a way to save them that doesn't affect the other shotgun categories that don't need it, and it wouldn't make a difference in PvE because they're already booty sweat for that.

Voror

Hey add me on PSN. After a year off from the game, I've decided to bite the bullet and play crucible despite being a heavy raider.

I'm practicing by playing Skirmish. I'm not good at PvP and avoided it for a while for personal reasons, but I can see small improvement.

Will do. I'm done for the night though.

Hedge

At least 3/5 aren't - Bungie's pvp fetish is was really bugging the shit out of me, making the vast majority of good legendaries crucible drops and putting garbage in pve.

Edit: here's hoping the armsday reward guns aren't trash because pve is an option lol

Not to mention the big event is Iron Banner, and how distinct and unique the items look. I mean, the TTK Iron Banner is the best looking armor so far - PVP only.

Anastasis

I think the reward system is a little wonky now with the 2.0 update and the Taken King around the corner. Before 2.0 dropped, crucible was giving good legendary stuff fairly often. Since 2.0 dropped I haven't seen any legendaries, but I think that is because we aren't high enough levels to use anything above blue anyway (because we max out at 34).

Doesn't help that trueskill seems to have no bearing whatsoever. I play with a group who, like me, have reasonably low trueskill ratings, and we almost always end up with one or two players on the other team who are obviously way out of our league that end up roflstomping us. I don't know how many games have ended with everybody on my team ~0.8, 4 players against us ~0.6, and two players against us with like 7.0 k/d. I don't even know what it's using to match people because half the time a good chunk of the other team is from like Brazil or Mexico, and I'm from Canada - so it can't be ping lol

I hope they've improved this as well. I used to do better on my own, but I'm get wrecked now as well. The new system they have may take some time to work itself out.

Wilde

Just checking again, anyone have the hard Gorgon checkpoint? Trying to help a friend that is new to the game get some exotics.

ZW33.

rNilla

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png
Top 20? lolwut

Time for an extended break.

Nice work X!

For the first time since the game launched I feel like I'm overloaded with things to do. I have a bunch of quests (granted, they're mainly making me replay the first few missions of the game), lots of new bounties, new guns to play with, and more. It feels nice.

It's only going to get better once I get The Taken King and have access to the first two expansions. I'm a little confused by how to access them, though. Will I need to pick up a new quest or do I just select the new missions from the map menu?

LTWood12

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png

M4vHJGG.png

Ue6UQba.png

Incredible! Thanks so much for doing this and sharing! Just snuck into the top 25.

chur

For the first time since the game launched I feel like I'm overloaded with things to do. I have a bunch of quests (granted, they're mainly making me replay the first few missions of the game), lots of new bounties, new guns to play with, and more. It feels nice.

It's only going to get better once I get The Taken King and have access to the first two expansions. I'm a little confused by how to access them, though. Will I need to pick up a new quest or do I just select the new missions from the map menu?
I think it will prompt you to go visit a NPC to pick up the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom