• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A couple of days ago I had to go at it with someone about Destiny. That whole "It doesn't have enough content" is old and I have to make sure people stop saying that.

Still some room for improvement.

Very true!

Eeeh sorcery.

To answer your original question, I made a program that scrapes thread info. I scraped all 29 DestinyGAF OTs and aggregated the data to find the total posts per Username. I can get yours if you want.

Top 20? lolwut

Time for an extended break.

Nice work X!

Incredible! Thanks so much for doing this and sharing! Just snuck into the top 25.

No problem rNilla and LT! Glad to help :)

I'm interested in the workbook. Just curious, what did you use to scrape the stats?

Send me a pm of your email, if you're OK with that. I'll send it in about 8 hours when I get up :p

I made a php program to do it. Just silly old regex. I know it's not the best way but I wanted to brush up on my regex anyways. I need to use a DOM parser to get the actual post information for the next version of this scraper.

we really like to play Destiny

And talk about it!

deoee

Gooooood morning DGaf!

I'm pumped for some Destiny Action after two weeks of absence!
So let's see if you want to do some raids later :D

Frenden

Banned
So, uh, turns out Red Death is pretty good.

COmdKGZUEAAu4QJ.jpg:large

Defuser

55allfate can really 2 shot if it has head seeker?
For non high armor enemies.

And my mistake, reactive reload and glass half full also 2 shot like 42 dmg crit. But since 55A rate of fire is fast you can usually pumped in a third burst quickly to make up for it if you miss or enemy has a sliver of health. The fast firing rate and high stability and coupled with braced frame is what makes the 55AAllfate damn attractive as it can consistently 3 shot fast without those damage boost perks so if you coupled with those damage boost perks.....oh mang.

maomaoIYP

55allfate can really 2 shot if it has head seeker?

No. You can if you have the reactive reload bonus active. 3 bursts to kill is perfectly fine though, there aren't many weapons (I can't name any besides snipers) which can kill at the same range with 2 consistent headshots, at the same rate.

daedalius

For non high armor enemies.

And my mistake, reactive reload and glass half full also 2 shot like 42 dmg crit. But since 55A rate of fire is fast you can usually pumped in a third burst quickly to make up for it if you miss or enemy has a sliver of health. The fast firing rate and high stability and coupled with braced frame is what makes the 55AAllfate damn attractive as it can consistently 3 shot fast without those damage boost perks so if you coupled with those damage boost perks.....oh mang.

I would rather just stick with bad juju if this is the case. It fires faster and kills in the same amount of bursts... And automatically reloads itself and gives you a damage boost.

Was thinking about trying to get an oversoul edict though

Kaversmed

I've been really successful in PvP with a legendary auto rifle called Low Down P-XIV. I even have Bad Juju and I prefer the Low Down for PvP. Bad Juju for PvE though <3

Shito

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png
Wow, never thought I would be that high in that list! ^^
Awesome work man.

Cade

I love Bad Juju right now. I didn't get my Suros emblem after I preordered.. a couple nights ago. Was it a mistake that they sent them out early, or..

deadduck

Despite some early tears on the Hopscotch, I just need to get used to the fire rate. It's an Allfate, but that's OK.

I was just salty my titan can no longer cheeky oneshot with weapons of light and reactive reload.

EL CUCO

Despite some early tears on the Hopscotch, I just need to get used to the fire rate. It's an Allfate, but that's OK.

I was just salty my titan can no longer cheeky oneshot with weapons of light and reactive reload.
Yeah, it's actually better than Allfate. It still has max stability and handles beautifully. Not sure how it compares with aim assist but its pretty high. One extra burst doesn't hurt. It's still a laser

deadduck

Yeah, it's actually better than Allfate. It still has max stability and handles beautifully. Not sure how it compares with aim assist but its pretty high. One extra burst doesn't hurt. It's still a laser

When you miss or didn't fully connect with that first shot the pause to the next shot could easily mean death by Thorn or TLW.

That extra burst happens faster and it doesn't need to be all headshots.

Raybunny

#100 Still made it.

Being an hand cannon person more like a rusher character, TLW, Hawk and Thorn are okish in pvp. Need to adapt some behaviors.

Tried BJJ ,Strangers Rifle, Red Death,Monte Carlo, Hard light, Vestian D and a couple more yesterday and I got a few things to say:

Had the best feeling using red death.
BJJ hit feedback could be better. Not what I am used to with HC.
Strangers rifle is fun to use but the aim visor/reticle is dreadful.
Even though Monte Carlo is a very stable and viable weapon, there are a couple legendaries that will perform better.
Hard Light is a bless with falloff perk.

Sector 618 is a damm mess.
Bannerfall is a nice map with some intricate passages heaven for snipping.
Frontier is literally a train wreck.

The test weapons have a nice feel.

And the new pvp feels oddly better.

Getting 10 kills with that omolon sniper rifle is such a fucking chore, I hope their fusion rifle is better than this crap.

AHAHAHAHAH NO! Get ready to go full Rambo to kill ppl with that fusion.

ocean

Banned
After going negative half the time testing out every weapon combo imaginable, I've settled on something that's letting me perform better than I ever did pre 2.0.

Found Verdict.

What is this.

Shito

Getting 10 kills with that omolon sniper rifle is such a fucking chore, I hope their fusion rifle is better than this crap.
I'm in the same boat as you.
Got 6/10 yesterday playing a bit with a friend, and not looking forward to finishing it this week end.
Started with the sniper because the fusion rifle will probably be way less of a cho-

... Damn! ( .___.)

SpecX

Love the idea with the test weapons, but they shouldn't have crucible requirements for them. Just lost a match in control by decision due to most the team trying to get test weapon kills and not focused on the match objective. Either that or limit them to certain crucible modes.

Raybunny

After going negative half the time testing out every weapon combo imaginable, I've settled on something that's letting me perform better than I ever did pre 2.0.

Found Verdict.

What is this.

Try invective or lord of wolves if you can discard the main weapon exotic slot.

Shito

Love the idea with the test weapons, but they shouldn't have crucible requirements for them. Just lost a match in control by decision due to most the team trying to get test weapon kills and not focused on the match objective. Either that or limit them to certain crucible modes.
I've lost all of my matches yesterday, me and my friend were just goofing off trying to get those omolon kills.
I don't really see this as a negative though, I couldn't care less about winning or losing some random control matches... ^^

ocean

Banned
I don't know, the gunsmith weapons aren't that bad.

I think the difference between any old sniper and a perfect rolled sniper isn't all that great in a regular Crucible match. If you're doing something super competitive against another team then sure, go with what you're comfortable with. But against randoms? Like a sniper is a sniper, as long as the zoom isn't too high you shouldn't do 3x worse with this thing than with your Benevolence or whatever. Got the sniper one done in one match. Fusion could one-shot enemies at its intended range (outside shotgun spam range, not far enough for a pulse to wreck you).

The interesting thing, and I think it's a net positive, is that it encourages players to try out all the weapon types. I haven't used a fusion in Crucible since vanilla launch days. Did it for this bounty and was getting wrecked at first until I got the hang of it again. Next match, I grabbed my old Light/Beware because I'd gotten the hang of Fusions again and wanted to have a little fun with them.

Is it annoying to have randoms in your team who have never used a sniper hard scoping and doing nothing for the team so they can do the bounty? Sure I guess. But if this helps even a few people commit to using sniper or fusion for a few matches, they'll learn a thing or two. Over the long run, this is a net positive for the community since it will teach everyone that many play styles are viable.

Can't wait for Sidearm, Machine Gun, Scout bounties etc so people realize these things are viable and escape their shotgun bubble.

GhaleonEB

Warlock is level 18 now. Still having a ball going through the reorganized campaign.

Just unlocked the Reef; upon turning in the Gatelord's head to the Queen, we're plopped direction down into the reef, not even put to orbit and told it's open. You still go and talk to everyone, but they no longer have goodies to give you on the tour. Just straight business.

The House of Wolves quest line now starts with going after the Kell on his ship on Venus, as a mission to prove our hunting skills to Petra. Nice way to tie it in, I was wondering when it would unlock.

The missions actually make sense now. 0_o

Well, except for The Archive. That just unlocked on the map, not tied to an quest that I can see.

pixxxelz

Is not as bad as the sniper though, I completed it on 2 matches I was lucky that no one on the other team was using shotguns.
I also camped
I'm in the same boat as you.
Got 6/10 yesterday playing a bit with a friend, and not looking forward to finishing it this week end.
Started with the sniper because the fusion rifle will probably be way less of a cho-

... Damn! ( .___.)
Yeah I finish both today on my warlock but honestly im not looking forward to do them on my other characters, fusion rifle is slightly better than the sniper though you just gotta get used to the charge rate and range.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

go play rumble then

dont, rumble is ass

I didn't really have any troubles testing that Omolon sniper. Got it done in two matches. Forcing myself to do the "15 sniper headshots" bounties every time they came up really helped improve my sniping game, though.

I really like the fusion. The sound and firing animations are pretty neat. I liked how that liquid in the back gets lower after every shot, too.

Swords disappearing in Scrota's end again, so stupid.

Invis-vision has never gone away since they first introduced it with the LAN cable pulling patch, but are disappearing swords seriously back? That would be a major bummer since it was the one Scrota behavior they legitimately fixed.

Yep, I've done Crota Tues/Weds/thursday and every run has had a disappearing sword, I don't know if its my scrubby sword escapes but, the auto aim seems way higher as well, a couple of times its tracked me back into him when jumping away from a big distance

Didn't realize Crota's end raid gave out Eris rep. Just saw it in a video right now

You get 25 for Abyss and Bridge 50 Deathsinger and 125 Crota so 225 total

Finished all the quests last night so will hand them in on Tuesday along with 16 bounties on each for a huge rep boost, I maybe LTTTP but I never realised you could do both subclasses in one run (thanks to raybunnzy for the tip), if you use the undying mind you can do the following

Warlock - Raidiance for the first part, get a few of the kills then switch to void for the stairs clear the first few waves then wipe repeat until you get the 3x7, switch back to radiance for the last phase

Titan - Bubble first phase then switch to striker for the stairs and same as void clear the first few waves etc..Then switch to back to defender

Hunter start with blade dancer as the 15 kills counts for both subclasses then switch around on the last phase to get the major kills on golden gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom