• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Mayhem tomorrow.
H8U4zMw.jpg

Seeing a lot of talk about Abyss Defiant and Timepiece on reddit for PvP. Can't wait to finally dig into 2.0 this weekend. Any comments on these? Also Thunderlord seems to be a go to heavy now for PvP.

Abyss Defiant is beast. On a side note it was actually really nice to be able to pull it out for Omnigul in the weekly as well.

here's a thought... what if the gunsmith Arms Day purchases are based on reputation rank with him? So, at Rank 1, one can only purchase a specific weapon (a la Iron Banner)? yes, I know, this would effectively make it the same thing as having an account-based rep level (at least, at present), but, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case... :/

lt519

I actually needed the Apothesis Veil. I had a few exotics that I dismantled around TDB for exotic shards that I now don't have in my inventory. Just missing that Necrochasm...

Mayhem is going to be just silly, gunslinger all the way. I'm not sure if I'm OK with spending more time in a re-spawn screen then actually playing.

ocean

Banned
I'm probably late to this party, but is Celestial Nighthawk at all worth buying? I can't see any good reasons...
Year 1 Exotics will eventually get a Year 2 version, and they're still great for Year 1 content. This thing kills Desthsinger or brings down Crota's shields in one hit.

I'd say never pass on any Exotic you don't own.

flkraven

I'm probably late to this party, but is Celestial Nighthawk at all worth buying? I can't see any good reasons...

Yes. It's one of my favorites.

a) Probably the best looking Hunter helmet

b) The 6x golden gun shot makes it viable during boss encounters in Nightfalls, etc. (1 golden gun shot took about 1/5th of Phogoth's health away during this weeks nightfall). I basically 1 shot Urzok with it took.

Also edit:

c) When you aim down sights the eyes light up. So ya. It's awesome.

you got your Celestial Nighthawk!! congrats!!!

I use it as a toggle helmet, use Symbitote while going through a mob then switch to Celestial during bulletsponge encounter

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Celestial Nighthawk is getting a 2.0 version. There's no reason NOT to buy it.
Ahahahaha, there goes my hopes of discreetly browsing at work with this monstrosity taking up half my screen
EMBRACE IT

THERE IS NO DISCRETENESS IN THE AGE OF NIGHTHAWK

Year 1 Exotics will eventually get a Year 2 version, and they're still great for Year 1 content. This thing kills Desthsinger or brings down Crota's shields in one hit.

I'd say never pass on any Exotic you don't own.

Yes. It's one of my favorites.

a) Probably the best looking Hunter helmet

b) The 6x golden gun shot makes it viable during boss encounters in Nightfalls, etc. (1 golden gun shot took about 1/5th of Phogoth's health away during this weeks nightfall). I basically 1 shot Urzok with it took.

Also edit:

c) When you aim down sights the eyes light up. So ya. It's awesome.

You guys are great salesmen, consider it bought

Unrelated question: was there a cutoff on the preorder bonuses? My friend preordered TTK on Tuesday evening, signed on Wednesday evening and didn't have any of the preorder bonuses waiting for him at the postmaster.

Afrocious

Warning,
of text:

Logged in last night for the first time since 2.0 and just felt overwhelmed. Decided to wait to play on my main until Tuesday and start a new character on a new gamertag as that's something I've wanted to do. A few observations:

1. Leveling is way faster. The various quest lines give enough exp that I would frequently level up once after a mission and again after talking to vanguard in the tower. This more than made up for the lack of higher difficult options for missions.
  2. The quest lines prevent you from moving on to the next mission without first returning to the tower and moving on in the quest (usually talking to vanguard). You used to be able to play level 2, 3, 4, etc. missions and return to the tower at leisure, now it's a trip back to the tower after almost every mission.
  3. Eris Morn's quest kicks in right after you get to the moon. Her first mission is Sword of Crota. It really did a great job of tying in her story/Crota's story to the introduction to the hive on the moon. I really liked it. I finished her quest line (Wakening/Will of Crota) just after finishing the moon.
  4. You used to get "introductory bounties," like 3 and then bounty tokens/missives at early levels. This is removed and we just get the same selection of bounties as everyone else starting at level 5.
  5. Gold chest rewards were almost always way lower than what I already had. Was this true before?
  6. I was able to pledge to a faction before level 20. I did it at level 17, but probably could have earlier had I tried. I believe the faction class items used to require level 20.
  7. I was able to pick up the test weapons from Banshee at level 3, but not able to use them until level 20. It was pretty nice going from all 80-100 weapons to 150 weapons once I hit 20 though.
  8. All in all I had fun running around and listening to Nolanbot.

Kills 1,522
Assists 106
Deaths 6
Public Events 4
K/D 253.7
Super Kills 654
Headshots 369
Time Played 3h 54m 34s
Longest Spree 127
Games 25

Ended at level 20 (92% to 21), earth and moon complete, light level 111.

I have all of Saturday night to play and I'm wondering if it's remotely possible to take it all the way and get Triumphs done. Public events are the only thing making me think it's not possible. Might still go for it.

I think it's impossible since you can't get marks currently and Triumphs end next week.

EMBRACE IT

Wait... There's a 2.0 version? I was not aware of this.

Edit: I am also finally getting the nighthawk this week, finally. I know it's not as cool as you getting yours but I'm still psyched Xur is selling it.

Yeah, the questification is great. The Archive/Scourge of Winter have been integrated into the House of Wolves storyline, as well.

Oddly enough, I didn't get to play The Archive, it just sent me to Scourge of Winter right off the bat. Which is weird, considering the Ghost still talks about 'the Fallen we fought in the Archive'... But the mission isn't in the quest chain.

Anastasis

here's a thought... what if the gunsmith Arms Day purchases are based on reputation rank with him? So, at Rank 1, one can only purchase a specific weapon (a la Iron Banner)? yes, I know, this would effectively make it the same thing as having an account-based rep level, but, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case... :/

In the IGN PAX interview (around 10 minute mark, video here), they said this: the higher the rank, the more options you have for ordering on Armsday. At higher rank, you will have more specific options to choose from. But it sounds like it is only one weapon per week.

damn, You guys are making me want to delete a character to play the story all over again.
nah.....

also, whats up with the abandoned quests in the tower by the vanguard. I finished all of those but its letting me play those again? for exp? nice

Afrocious

Good to know. Why are the marks a factor? Just not being able to buy gear?

Yup. Opportunities to get the highest light level are gone now unless you do Prison of Elders a ton of times, which is an endeavor not many want to do anymore.

Basically, without marks, you're at the mercy of playing RNG.

It was most definitely trash at launch

QFT

Even I knew this. Might take it out the vault and get some XP on it now though.

Aomber

Man, I don't know what it is, maybe someone can give me tips but I'm still not feeling this game after the update or anything. I want to like the game because I love games similar to this in missions and what not and the community seems awesome, but for me I just have a hard time finding something that's fun for me. Strikes can be pretty good with a group but outside of that the individual missions and pvp aren't super compelling. Maybe I need to try the pvp more? I dunno

I have it on 360 still which admittedly probably doesn't help but I'm not convinced I should buy the legendary bundle for XBone yet. 60 bucks is a lot to ask with all the new games coming out.

EMBRACE IT

pretty much this, better off buying what you can that will be available in a 2.0 version.
It will be available on the blueprint board, might as well make life easy and get what you can

flkraven

So if I do Skolas tonight, the elder cipher no longer drops? I just get a chance at one of the exotics dropping? Will I get to choose from the 3?

Anyone else not really feeling the Exotics? Like I would want them to be "exotic" not guns that have the same attributes as some other guns. The TTK Exotics, some of them, look kinda generic...idk. Could just be me.

Anyone else not really feeling the Exotics? Like I would want them to be "exotic" not guns that have the same attributes as some other guns. The TTK Exotics, some of them, look kinda generic...idk. Could just be me.

I get the same impression for most of them too, it's like they don't want them to be OP even though they are bring back old ones in 2.0 that are OP like the Ram

ocean

Banned
I'm not feeling them either, given I haven't used any of them :p

Let's give it a while. Nobody had absolutely any clue Gjallarhorn was good at launch even though we read the description, saw the stats and perks from databases and even inspected it from Xur. Took several weeks after launch for people to begin realizing its power.

Likewise, Invective sounded like the most amazing idea ever and was all you saw for a brief while. Later, we moved on. It's impossible to judge untested Exotics on paper, let's wait to see where they fit in this post nerf world.

I'm in "wait and see" mode. I agree they don't sound spectacular but I'm interested to see how they operate in the real world. Maybe Bungie has some specific instances ready for us where a certain gun with an otherwise generic perk will absolutely wreck.

From trash to gold, amazing.

ive liked it for awhile, pretty invaluable when fighting trash mobs (the abyss,waking the hive ect..), now its so much better. it was pretty good in crucible before, even though I preferred the strangers rifle.

its going to be a wrecking ball in mayhem. especially with O. Mind on a Voidwalker. but its great for any class.

my guess for the best classes for mayhem

Voidwalker (please bunch up for me, thanks)
Gunslinger (fantastic for taking out enemies from range, shutting down supers)
Bladedancer (think its going to be hard getting close)
Sunsinger
Striker (with death from above, woo hoo)
Defender (I heard they made it better, but Ihave yet to see results)

I get the same impression for most of them too, it's like they don't want them to be OP even though they are bring back old one in 2.0 that are OP like the Ram

I'm not feeling them either, given I haven't used any of them :p

Let's give it a while. Nobody had absolutely any clue Gjallarhorn was good at launch even though we read the description, saw the stats and perks from databases and even inspected it from Xur. Took several weeks after launch for people to begin realizing its power.

Likewise, Invective sounded like the most amazing idea ever and was all you saw for a brief while. Later, we moved on. It's impossible to judge untested Exotics on paper, let's wait to see where they fit in this post nerf world.

I'm in "wait and see" mode. I agree they don't sound spectacular but I'm interested to see how they operate in the real world. Maybe Bungie has some specific instances ready for us where a certain gun with an otherwise generic perk will absolutely wreck.

Not just the way the work but also the way the look. 2 of the guns look exactly like TLW just with different paints, and the others beyond the Sleeper Simulant look "exotic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom