• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
ive liked it for awhile, pretty invaluable when fighting trash mobs (the abyss,waking the hive ect..), now its so much better. it was pretty good in crucible before, even though I preferred the strangers rifle.

its going to be a wrecking ball in mayhem. especially with O. Mind on a Voidwalker. but its great for any class.

my guess for the best classes for mayhem

Voidwalker (please bunch up for me, thanks)
Gunslinger (fantastic for taking out enemies from range, shutting down supers)
Bladedancer (think its going to be hard getting close)
Sunsinger
Striker (with death from above, woo hoo)
Defender (I heard they made it better, but Ihave yet to see results)
Defenders can be a surprise hit with their Supressing grenades. Shutting down supers left and right. Weapons of Light + a good sniper = one body shot kills for days.

This mode will be dominated by Golden Guns. Our nerfed stats make a 100% DIS build impossible so rampant Sunsingers won't be a big a threat as they would have been. Bladedancers: prepare to be Fist of Panicked and Nova Bombed and Golden Gunned into oblivion.

Sullichin

Updated No Land Beyond is awesome. Anyone who doesn't have it should get it from Xur

It's still really satisfying to kill with, but is definitely easier now. The Master still doesn't 1-hit body kill in PVP, but it probably shouldn't. Gun feels really good now. NLB + Vestian Dynasty is probably my favorite PVP combo now. I did enjoy using NLB before, so not sure if the update will turn anyone who totally hated the weapon, but worth checking out the new version for sure.

Lnkn52

Yeah they said the 11th for Mayhem multiple times I don't know where people are getting tomorrow

Email blast,
H8U4zMw.jpg

yesterday's weekly,
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13510
Bungie said:
This weekend, we’re adding Mayhem Clash to the mix. You’ve never seen a storm of super abilities like this.

and Cozmo.
nWXvP3z.png

I get what you mean about the new exotic guns. Lots of them look like generic 20th Century weapons with raid like legendary perks.

I find that the Foundry weapons to be more interesting than the most of the new Exotic weapons.

E92 M3

why not both?

tried timepeice last night. after playing with bad juju. I thought it was broken for a second because I held the trigger down and it didnt continue fireing. oops, not auto

I've tried the timepiece, but didn't feel as good as the juju. Just personal preference. I know it's good, but just not as fun. Same reason I seldom used Thorn - gun wasn't fun for me.

Updated No Land Beyond is awesome. Anyone who doesn't have it should get it from Xur

It's still really satisfying to kill with, but is definitely easier now. The Master still doesn't 1-hit body kill in PVP, but it probably shouldn't. Gun feels really good now. NLB + Vestian Dynasty is probably my favorite PVP combo now. I did enjoy using NLB before, so not sure if the update will turn anyone who totally hated the weapon, but worth checking out the new version for sure.

does it have more ammo, faster stupid reload animation?

I've tried the timepiece, but didn't feel as good as the juju. Just personal preference. I know it's good, but just not as fun. Same reason I seldom used Thorn - gun wasn't fun for me.

yeah I still preferred bad juju over timepiece. I haven't tried the strangers rifle yet. I really liked the messenger but haven't tried it out yet post patch

now imagine us having the same conversation about pulse rifles this time last year. lol

Just did the omnigul strike for the 32 weekly heroic...never again. So many fucking adds, W.T.F

what are the rewards for the weekly heroic now? didnt they say you were guaranteed a legendary engram?

I have also gotten 3 legendary engrams on patrol over the last couple of days. pretty sure they upped the drop rate on those

Trickster

Glimmer for days though.

I'm at the cap though, don't want to buy random ships or reskinned hoverbikes. I just want quick items :p

what are the rewards for the weekly heroic now? didnt they say you were guaranteed a legendary engram?

I have also gotten 3 legendary engrams on patrol over the last couple of days. pretty sure they upped the drop rate on those

Eh I think I get 9 strange coins, some legendary/vandguard marks and rep?

All of us got rewards at the end though, 2 of us got 2 blue engrams, 1 got 1 legendary and 1 blue

NeoRausch

What would be the best way to get some legendary gear for my titan at the moment?

I know that can get an arm from variks, chest USSR already done, but where could I get leg armour?

E92 M3

Now that the Weely Heroic will no longer give us 9 strange coins, what will we actually get out of it?

You will make your family proud and legendary marks :p

yeah I still preferred bad juju over timepiece. I haven't tried the strangers rifle yet. I really liked the messenger but haven't tried it out yet post patch

now imagine us having the same conversation about pulse rifles this time last year. lol

Lol I wish we weren't having this conversation; handcannons are the best weapon class in the game, but unfortunately were nerfed.

I'm at the cap though, don't want to buy random ships or reskinned hoverbikes. I just want quick items :p

Eh I think I get 9 strange coins, some legendary/vandguard marks and rep?

All of us got rewards at the end though, 2 of us got 2 blue engrams, 1 got 1 legendary and 1 blue

oh, so it was dropping strange coins this week? didnt know that. I should probably run it then. need to pad that stock

Kalamari

What would be the best way to get some legendary gear for my titan at the moment?

I know that can get an arm from variks, chest USSR already done, but where could I get leg armour?

Supposedly, the green armor coming on Tuesday will be better than any legendary armor you can get right now. If you have enough faction rep and marks you could buy some from a vendor.

Sullichin

does it have more ammo, faster stupid reload animation?

No more ammo. You only get like 12 shots lol. That's a lot for a sniper rifle to get every life in PVP though. I think the reload animations are faster but not sure. But the sights feel so much better than before, it's really great for quick scoping headshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom