• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinek

Ok, this is very confusing. I want to buy the Nighthawk helmet from Xur, but I need 4 more strange coins. Is it worth grinding for the coins, or is the helmet going to be useless after Tuesday?

If it won't be useless, how can I get strange coins?

Lnkn52

the 15th

RNB%20Troll.gif

flkraven

Ok, this is very confusing. I want to buy the Nighthawk helmet from Xur, but I need 4 more strange coins. Is it worth grinding for the coins, or is the helmet going to be useless after Tuesday?

Yes get it.

There will be a year 2 version.

PvP has been dropping strange coins. You also get 3, 6, or 9 from the weekly heroic strike if you haven't done it yet.

Liamc723

The helmet has a year 2 version, so it's definitely useful.

Strange coins are dropping a lot more often in Crucible, so you could just play that along with some bounties.

Afrocious

I'm wondering why Trials of Osiris stuff wasn't included somewhere in the Moments of Triumph.

Considering how PvP has grown in Destiny, I figured a moment would've been something more substantial than winning 100 games of crucible.

its getting a year 2 version from what ive heard. so worth picking up. if you need strange coins, someone said that the weekly heroic is dropping strange coins, if not, there is always POE 28.

Anastasis

It won't be useless because you will have the blueprint to be able to purchase the updated version on Tuesday. If you don't have it, get it now.

As for Strange Coins, is the weekly not handing them out post patch? If not, I would just grind crucible. I have been getting a strange coin every 4 games or so.

I'm wondering why Trials of Osiris stuff wasn't included somewhere in the Moments of Triumph.

Considering how PvP has grown in Destiny, I figured a moment would've been something more substantial than winning 100 games of crucible.

What would you have had as a ToO moment?

I dunno. Perhaps buying at least one silver or gold package. Something that's not too out of reach but something that's not too easy.

Yeah, I can just see a lot of people not being too pleased about that. I can't think of any of the moments that took any semblance of skill - pretty much all of them could be bruteforced / grinded.

flkraven

I think people under estimate how much of a time investment 100 wins in crucible is. If someone is terrible at PvP and only manages to win 35% of their matches, that means they would have to play 286 games to get their 100 wins. If the average match lasts, say, 8 minutes, then that would still take over 38 hours of game time. Most people don't invest 38 hours in a single game, let alone a single game mode within a game. No matter how you cut it, 100 wins is an accomplishment.

xinek

Thanks all for the strange coins advice! I don't think I can run the weekly heroic, as it requires DLC. Crucible it is ... good thing I have all weekend to get four strange coins!

Trickster

I don't find the strike to be that bad. I just think Omnigul is too spongy with all those enemies running around.

Yeah I don't think it was that hard, the problem was how utterly boring it was. Must've taken us like 20+ minutes to fight through those 5 or however many waves of around a million adds to kill her. Keep in mind none in our group were 34, and I dunno about their gear, but my gear as absolutely dogshit currently. I'm using a random legendary auto rifle, a level 16 legendary sidearm from HoW, and one of those freaking white test weapons from the gunsmith as a heavy weapon lol. My gear is just bad, so so very bad.

With that said, if anyone wanna boost me through nightfall I'm game lol

Afrocious

Yeah, I can just see a lot of people not being too pleased about that. I can't think of any of the moments that took any semblance of skill - pretty much all of them could be bruteforced / grinded.

I feel clearing the hard mode raids and Skolas HM should stay considering they represent the hardest PvE challenges atm.

Perhaps something involving Nightfalls should've been added, like clearing a total of ten or something.

I think the Public Event one is fine. I know folks who still don't have that one.

Perhaps one maxing out an exotic would be good as well.

Basically, I don't think MoT does a good job covering what folks had to go through in Year 1. But I probably can't say much considering I stopped playing before TDB.

flkraven

I've got three ghosts form crota, some of the rest look like you have to glitch to get.... meh

Meh is exactly how I feel lol. I prefer to just wait and get the ghosts as-intended. Glitching to get it makes me feel dirty.

Using this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3k9rm6/spoiler_the_new_frontier_of_ghost_hunting/

I have 8 of the 9 found so far. The one I'm currently heading to is the last one I need.

Also, ignore the video for Exo 3 and use this one:

http://youtu.be/0t_a-IkNnu0

Thanks a bunch

flkraven

I feel clearing the hard mode raids and Skolas HM should stay considering they represent the hardest PvE challenges atm.

Perhaps something involving Nightfalls should've been added, like clearing a total of ten or something.

I think the Public Event one is fine. I know folks who still don't have that one.

Perhaps one maxing out an exotic would be good as well.

Basically, I don't think MoT does a good job covering what folks had to go through in Year 1. But I probably can't say much considering I stopped playing before TDB.

I doubt there is anyone out there that has completed VOG hard, Crota Hard, and Skolas, yet never maxed an exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom