• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
tumblr_lyqt5cAy851qh9y1k.gif
Lmao no caption. No gorilla? Am disappoint

Trickster

What's the minimum light lvl that I should have to have a shot at being able to join groups for nightfall missions or raids?

Currently I'm scrub tier at like 138 because my armor is absolutely abysmal

Ugh these stealth hate threads for Destiny on the Gaming Board are getting annoying. Even with TTK making this game better, people just love shitting on it no matter what.

I still needs 4th Horseman from Year 1.

How can I grind it without low time left until TTK?

Doesn't it technically fall a lot in Crota? DO DS/Crota 6 times Normal and Hard :)

Afrocious

Short answer. No.

Luke Smith flat out said that one of Destiny's core principles is that it remain real-life compatible. 3 raids + PoE with 3 characters isn't. I nearly cried with joy when I heard him say this. This notion is so great to hear and that it's foundational, too? Amazing.

Taken King already has a massive end game with Night Falls, King's Fall, Taken War, Court of Oryx, Class Quests and more. There was a time when there wasn't enough to do in Destiny. We're past that. Like you said, Destiny is a big kid now. It doesn't need 2 old raids and PoE.

You still have incentives to run old raids, btw. Raid specific Loot, 2x Exotic Drops and they're fun!

Ah I see. I'm down with that as long as I'm still having fun. Btw, Court of Oryx is a Strike, right? What's Taken War? The general name of the event of Taken appearing on planets?

Also, 2x Exotic Drops? dafuq

It means you don't have to worry about doing the Nightfall before anything else anymore.

No more worrying that you're missing out on XP/Rep because you haven't found people to do Nightfalls with. You will get that extra XP/Rep as standard.

What? That makes no sense. Its not "extra" cp then. Its the new standard if thats the case. Everyone will have a NF "buff" forever if its the way you are saying it is. Therefore the "buff" is not a buff at all.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Guys raids still yield a massive amount of materials. old exotics, raid gear, raid weapons, and level up materials that can be converted (aka shards, energy, shards, shards, shards, and motes of light). Not saying that's a good incentive but it is some sort of motivation since notes grand gear XP now.

There is no need to be upset
I hate you lol

flkraven

Yeah. Star Wars does it (though with their matchmaking tool so you're forced with randoms for better or for worse). Also TOR changed the loot drops where you got the old outdated gear, materials needed to craft current tier gear and consumables, and gear that was one tier below the current tier to help out with current content.

Basically the stuff players get will help them get gear to assist with the current raid tier. Since Destiny's entering Year 2, we'll be hitting the second tier of endgame PvE content (first tier being VoG, Crota, and Skolas).

However, Destiny's weird since gear from PoE > gear from Crota > gear from VoG.

Perhaps Destiny is really broken up into three tiers of PvE content then, with TTK's raid being the fourth?

Never thought about that.

I don't mind that being the case. Heck, I think they could add matchmaking to, say, normal mode crota/vog since it is being left behind.

If Bungie wants to make the old raids relevant again, I'd prefer that they run an Iron Banner-style event that rewards running the old raids for reputation that you can then use to buy gear from a special event vendor. Now that reputation drops during Crota, I can totally see them doing something like this in the future.

Yeah I want to do the raid fresh when it launches so I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of getting all new gear in 3 days

If you are the type of person that wants to run it on day 1, I can almost guarantee that you will find ample gear before Friday so you can take a crack at it. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah I see. I'm down with that as long as I'm still having fun. Btw, Court of Oryx is a Strike, right? What's Taken War? The general name of the event of Taken appearing on planets?

Court of Oryx is a sort of semi-Public event, or series of events, in the new patrol space. I don't know more than that and I don't want to, yet.

I don't know what the Taken War is.

Each Raid has two loot points that can potentially drop Exotic weapons. Gorgon chest and Atheon in VoG, Deathsinger and Crota in CE.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Week number 94995499949 in which I don't have to spend coins.

Need to get all subclasses done before I get to hand it in next week. All at stage 8.

Kurumi

First Mayhem match I get into it's a join in progress and the other team is literally like a hundred points from winning...

Smh

ethomaz

Banned
Yeap... Crota... I do this shit and nothing everytime :p

So anybody have the normal DS CP to share? I will be on in 30-40 minutes.

Lee

Is it a bad idea to spend everything on faction packages next week? Seems like it would be a great way to gear up and I'm sure we'll replace all that stuff as we play, yeah?

I mean spending all but the bare minimum (25-50) of shards, energies, motes, weapon parts, heavy ammo...

Court of Oryx is a Customizeable Public even on the Dreadanught where groups of up 9 summon bosses of varying difficulties with unique mechanics.

Taken War is a series of higher challenge missions happening after the campaign is finished. Not much is known about it.

Turns out 2 is low for the number of exotics from old raids:
Vault of Glass has 3x Exotic chances -> Gorgon Chest, Atheon NM, Atheon HM
Crota's End has 3x Exotic chances* -> Deathsinger, Crota NM, Crota HM
Prison of Elders has the big chest. haha.

*All exotics are No Land Beyond. :p

You can't drop Relic so no more solo VoG.

Wow, that's kind of shitty. I don't drop it to solo, but it's a valid tactic if a couple of people go down and you have one more run through the portals to drop the relic and help the other guy going through while the third guy just runs out to help with harpies (or the guy that was marked for teleport goes down and he only sends two). Trying to smash the O's with the relic always leads to me flying off of the map.

Can you still drop the sword to blink strike Crota?

ocean

Banned
I here WYL saying this all the time. He doesn't credit anyone that plays Destiny a “good” because of the aim assist. He considers Halo players better snipers.
Flawed reasoning. An above average Halo player should be above average in Destiny because many of the fundamentals of gunskill are the same. Halo is better suited for competitive play because there's actual tools which allow for private games and clan training, there's fewer bullshit abilities to instakill, players have an even playing field in terms of weapons used instead of competing against someone who perhaps has a better rolled sniper, and a heavier reliance on regular weapons instead of a power/special weapon fest like Destiny, coupled with slower kill times to allow for skilled players to outgun even if they're not first to shoot.

That said, Destiny - as with any other game - has its own particular balance and requires a different skillset. Going back to what I originally said, if you're above average in Halo you probably are in Destiny. But being a top, world class Halo player doesn't mean you'll perform at that level in Destiny, and vice versa of course. They'll blame the lag or Supers or bullshit AA, or shotgun range or grenade spam or blink or whatever but at the end of the day, it's just a different beast.

Performing well in Destiny requires more than just OP weapons and abilities. I've said it before, Trials of Osiris ended up being a playlist with basically a standardized loadout.

Everyone had one of 3-4 primaries, 3-4 Special and 2-3 Heavy Weapons, predominantly using the same perks and abilities throughout. Some players had a hard time finishing a card to get armor while others won 90%+ of the time. From a Halo purist perspective, high level Destiny looks like bullshit with the Supers and double taps and burning grenades and self revives and near infinite sniper ammo etc. But that's what the game is, and it's unreasonable to disqualify the skill required to do well in it.

It'd be like saying there's no skill in CoD because kill time is so fast that you win by spotting the enemy first. Like, that makes sense if you translate CoD performance into another game's perspective, but at the end of the day they're all different, all require skill, and these skills start being more and more different as you dive into the deeper end of high level play.

ocean

Banned
Wow, that's kind of shitty. I don't drop it to solo, but it's a valid tactic if a couple of people go down and you have one more run through the portals to drop the relic and help the other guy going through while the third guy just runs out to help with harpies (or the guy that was marked for teleport goes down and he only sends two). Trying to smash the O's with the relic always leads to me flying off of the map.

Can you still drop the sword to blink strike Crota?
Sorry, I worded that poorly. As Drizz later elaborated, dropping the Relic now resets the cooldowns on your Super and Grenade (cleanse in this case). This means dropping the Relic is a super tricky proposition in case Oracles aren't killed, since you'll likely not have recovered your cleanse in time.

Afrocious

Court of Oryx is a sort of semi-Public event, or series of events, in the new patrol space. I don't know more than that and I don't want to, yet.

I don't know what the Taken War is.

Each Raid has two loot points that can potentially drop Exotic weapons. Gorgon chest and Atheon in VoG, Deathsinger and Crota in CE.

Ah got it. I guess I knew about the VoG stuff then. Didn't think about Crota for some reason. Cool beans.

Court of Oryx is a Customizeable Public even on the Dreadanught where groups of up 9 summon bosses of varying difficulties with unique mechanics.

Taken War is a series of higher challenge missions happening after the campaign is finished. Not much is known about it.

Turns out 2 is low for the number of exotics from old raids:
Vault of Glass has 3x Exotic chances -> Gorgon Chest, Atheon NM, Atheon HM
Crota's End has 3x Exotic chances* -> Deathsinger, Crota NM, Crota HM
Prison of Elders has the big chest. haha.

*All exotics are No Land Beyond. :p

Hmm, I guess I should do these (for luls).

But oh god no for NLB.

No no no

(though I'll still try it out in pvp i suck more than the most popular prostitute in Nevada).

damn you bungie for not dropping Year 2 Packages this week for repping Vanguard, Crucible or Faction.. damn you!!

I had everything set up for TTK, but this buffer week still drops Year 1 packages and my characters are like non-playable because I don't to mistakenly bump them over the rep level until it is really Year 2,

i want Year 2 packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom