• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what I am saying is, I can't find any activities that are around level 24. Should I just do the level 20 strikes?

This is just temporary during the current week. All the regular activities like different levels of strikes will be back next Tuesday when Taken King launches. Kind of a weird transitional week currently.

Nice avatar btw, Dopesmoker is tits.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
These two changes plus Swordbearers now able to deflect our sword blows, all point to King's Fall mechanics.

Essentially, they aren't changing VoG and CE specifically. They're changing global behaviours that are used in the VoG and CE.
Very interesting post

E92 M3

I'm expecting in King's Fall that the final battle will require most of the fireteam to be on point. Will be the opposite of Crota were the majority just shoot rockets lol.

When he snipes, he slides his shots to get headshots, is that because of the auto aim it works so well?

Yeah. I think it's called a drag shot. The higher the auto aim the easier it is. Just aim next to the head and move through the head and when you feel it slow down/stick you're good to go. There's lots of auto aim so it is pretty effective.

On the topic of sniping how does anyone use the damn No Land Beyond? It's so hard to aim.

KxoZz

I'm expecting in King's Fall that the final battle will require most of the fireteam to be on point. Will be the opposite of Crota were the majority just shoot rockets lol.

I'm hoping each of the 6 fireteam members will have to do something unique. Or at least make it something that rotates like the Skolas taint. I like that mechanic.

neoism

Y'all trying to give me anxiety over this postmaster shit?

tumblr_lyqt5cAy851qh9y1k.gif

Afrocious

Here's an idea I have since Destiny is entering its big kid stage:

Now that we'll have three raids to play, we should be given incentive to do VoG and Crota still, right? Perhaps allow us to gain Legendary Marks from them once a week?

I just want a reason to keep doing old stuff tbqh.

Now that we'll have three raids to play, we should be given incentive to do VoG and Crota still, right? Perhaps allow us to gain Legendary Marks from them once a week?

I didn't run the old raids often and am missing lots of weapons, my Etheric Light is sitting in my vault ready to ascend old raid weapons.

I'm waiting for my characters to level up to 40 and get more powerful so I could run the old raid more often to get missing weapons.

Lnkn52

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUh3XkQGX8

Annoying gimmicks with his trying to be funny gig but the actual content of the video is pretty solid.

TY very much. Destiny being the first FPS game I take serious, I still lack these type of skills.

Please either participate constructively or stay out, but don't point and make fun of other threads / thread starters. It doesn't reflect well on the community to point to other threads and act superior. We're on the same forum. Which is not to say there aren't dumb threads. :p

I posted my thoughts in the thread.
Noted, just seeing the second post already a negative comment, I feel like that thread wouldn't get know where if the community didn't know about it and contributed, jokes aside.

Teamwork required in a team-based activity?!? What nonsense is this? Next thing you'll tell is that I'll have to communicate with my teammates!!!

Blasphemy.

What incentives does a game like WoW give for running older content? I imagine things along those lines would work right?

Deku Tree

I'm expecting heavy sword use... Hopefully some kind of infinite heavy ammo use area like mayhem.

This violates Destinys fundamental design principle: destiny is supposed to be compatible with "real life". Luke said that. Old raids are staying in the past.

Anyone else worried they won't have good enough legendary gear for the raid?

On day one, we can easily level up to 40 no problem, but we'll only have a few places to get gear from.

Edging the factions will grant 1 crucible gear, 1 vanguard gear, and 1 faction gear (because we can only pledge an allegiance once a week).

So that's 3 pieces out of 9.

Are we just supposed to grind the Dreadnaught public events and Heroic Strike Playlists for the rest?

Oh. BORING formatting weirdness. Not "fun, possibly a puzzle like the patrol thing" formatting weirdness.

Thanks.

Haha no, nothing fun. I haven't seen anything yet hinting that they added something fun to VoG. Only lame changes have been observed so far.

E92 M3

Teamwork required in a team-based activity?!? What nonsense is this? Next thing you'll tell is that I'll have to communicate with my teammates!!!

Blasphemy.

lol. Will suck if one person can hold back a whole team; I'd like the balance to be around Atheon where 1 or 2 deaths doesn't mean a wipe.

I'm expecting heavy sword use... Hopefully some kind of infinite heavy ammo use area like mayhem.

This violates Destinys fundamental design principle: destiny is supposed to be compatible with "real life". Luke said that. Old raids are staying in the past.

Destiny x Ninja Gaiden

flkraven

From the sounds of it, I think there is going to be PLENTY to do in the TTK. The last thing I want is feeling like I need to grind all the old content too just to keep up.

On day one, we can easily level up to 40 no problem, but we'll only have a few places to get gear from.

Edging the factions will grant 1 crucible gear, 1 vanguard gear, and 1 faction gear (because we can only pledge an allegiance once a week).

Are we just supposed to grind the Dreadnaught public events and Heroic Strike Playlists for the rest?

The very first time a character does a new Heroic Strike they're guaranteed a legendary (engram?). Mind you, this isn't per week. It's literally just the very first time your toon completes a Heroic

So that's one other source.

ethomaz

Banned
After play everything with SUPERIOR MASTER CLASS Warlock.

- The update is solid.
- The new blueprints are cool.
- Crucible is a lot more balanced * I could win with Scout Rifle *
- Rift is super fun but people don't know how to play it yet
- Some new maps are amazing... others so so.
- Sunsinger's Radiance animation is AMAZING BETTER NOW
- I didn't find the level system so difference from the old one

That it.

The very first time a character does a new Heroic Strike they're guaranteed a legendary (engram?). Mind you, this isn't per week. It's literally just the very first time your toon completes a Heroic

So that's one other source.

Wait..each NEW strike?

For example, doing Summoning Pits, and then Shield Bros would each grant 1 purple engram?

EDIT: nvm I think you mean it's guranteed literally only once (like how you're guranteed an exotic from the first PoE you do)

flkraven

We still don't know what quest rewards will be. There are also plenty of missions that may result in legendary and exotic items (ie. faction quests, exotic sword quests). I think everyone that is nervous about this is just suffering from overwhelming anxiety about all the stuff there is to do, the uncertainty of what will come, and the classic Destiny 'need' to get everything done immediately & as quickly as possible.

Deku Tree

Gear is supposed to drop much more frequently from the real world. It's supposed to drop consistent with your level and want to be next toO, to some extent but not hundred percent.

JayHayabusa

Looking to do Voidwalker quest on Undying Mind.

Anyone looking to help so we can save ourselves from randoms?

The idea is to linger on the major phase so we can get the 3x7 orbs.

I m jayforone. Who is in?

I ll be without a mic though

Afrocious

What incentives does a game like WoW give for running older content? I imagine things along those lines would work right?

Yeah. Star Wars does it (though with their matchmaking tool so you're forced with randoms for better or for worse). Also TOR changed the loot drops where you got the old outdated gear, materials needed to craft current tier gear and consumables, and gear that was one tier below the current tier to help out with current content.

Basically the stuff players get will help them get gear to assist with the current raid tier. Since Destiny's entering Year 2, we'll be hitting the second tier of endgame PvE content (first tier being VoG, Crota, and Skolas).

However, Destiny's weird since gear from PoE > gear from Crota > gear from VoG.

Perhaps Destiny is really broken up into three tiers of PvE content then, with TTK's raid being the fourth?

Never thought about that.

Totally. Will actives have the associated light level displayed come the 15th? Right now I only see the recommended level when I die.

Anastasis

They have said gear drops and drops smarter. I think we will just have to play (and maybe a lot). It looks like the raid is level 42 (Bungie website / Destiny app), which may means around 210 (5 points of light per level seems to be the going guesstimate). With potentially 10 pieces of gear, that shouldn't be too hard to average even if you have a smattering of blues as legendaries will be around 280. Higher level raids though? That will need even full legendaries/exotics.

Was having blues unthinkable in the VoG days? I can't remember. 2.0 is really shaking things up!

Edit: was not supposed to be a link.

Short answer. No.

Luke Smith flat out said that one of Destiny's core principles is that it remain real-life compatible. 3 raids + PoE with 3 characters isn't. I nearly cried with joy when I heard him say this. This notion is so great to hear and that it's foundational, too? Amazing.

Taken King already has a massive end game with Night Falls, King's Fall, Taken War, Court of Oryx, Class Quests and more. There was a time when there wasn't enough to do in Destiny. We're past that. Like you said, Destiny is a big kid now. It doesn't need 2 old raids and PoE.

You still have incentives to run old raids, btw. Raid specific Loot, 2x Exotic Drops and they're fun!

DjRalford

If you pledge to a faction now. On release you can level that, then change again next Friday and level another, that's 4 by the time the raid hits

Triumphs complete!! I just had 17 chests to get ever since Triumphs got announced but never had motivation to do it. My Warlock had 20 something already before he got deleted so that made it worse.

Completing this was a nice farewell to year 1 especially since I can't play anymore until 1 week after TTK.

Even though I have 15 things to do today to prepare, I HAD to get that done.

ocean

Banned

Crota and Skolas spoiled us.

Being able to raid the minute it opens up should be something only the most dedicated are ready for.

The rest of us can wait a week or two.

We still don't know what quest rewards will be. There are also plenty of missions that may result in legendary and exotic items (ie. faction quests, exotic sword quests). I think everyone that is nervous about this is just suffering from overwhelming anxiety about all the stuff there is to do, the uncertainty of what will come, and the classic Destiny 'need' to get everything done immediately & as quickly as possible.

Yeah I want to do the raid fresh when it launches so I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of getting all new gear in 3 days

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
stupid question but I started the game with a new hunter char, found the terminal to access my limited edition ship and emblems but where is the one for the ghost skin I got o.o?

also..guys I finally started playing and if some people want to play with me I would be happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom