• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a legendary engram. Will waiting to decrypt it turn it into a new item? I doubt it, but with the patch already out you never know.

ich00

stupid question but I started the game with a new hunter char, found the terminal to access my limited edition ship and emblems but where is the one for the ghost skin I got o.o?

also..guys I finally started playing and if some people want to play with me I would be happy :D

Welcome to DGaf!

For some reason the vendor who used to have that ghost went away and hasn't come back. Bungie as far as I know hasnt addressed how and if we will be able to get that ghost again. The speaker in the tower (he's on the left side when you spawn into the tower) sells ghosts now and we should be able to get more next week when the Taken King actually launches.

Feel free to add me if you're on PSN, ichabod00. If you're on the xbox, there's a link in the OP to a google doc that has a lot of the xbox players on here.

ethomaz

Banned
I'll be on in a couple hours if you want to get a Hard Mode CE run going.
I won't have time today for a full run :(

I will do a little vacation from today night until sunday night... so maybe Monday... I wanted the Normal DS CP to fast solo it and try to get the 4th Horse.

posting again for those who didn't see earlier.

On another note, I need a new headset BAD. I sound like i'm playing in an underground tunnel. I can deal with a broken headset, but that sound quality is trash.

Does it sound like that on stream? Unacceptable!

I don't have an adept version of the Jewel. That doesn't matter in PvP though right?

Falifax

On another note, I need a new headset BAD. I sound like i'm playing in an underground tunnel. I can deal with a broken headset, but that sound quality is trash.

Couldn't hear a word Iron Man said.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Those raid days were some of my fondest destiny moments :D

Hope to see you ingame for TTK.

Starting a new raid, trying to figure out what to do, is, without a doubt, the best part of Destiny, so I will definitely be there. No work on the 18th, so I will be raiding at 1:00 pm eastern until I win or die trying.

Dat Jewel. I watched about 10 minutes of your stream before leaving work last night and was convinced to try it out. It was a good compromise between the fast RoF of TLW and the heavy hitting Hawkmoon. Also, it freed up an exotic slot for sir ballerhorn. Now that H&HG is nerfed, the addition of tracking helps take the edge off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've always loved the Jewel, it was always troubling to me hearing that Icarus wasn't a useful perk..

I got the 17th off. Still not sure when I'll have TTK exactly but I certainly should by then at least.

Deku Tree

I wonder how the Jewel compares to my "baby Hawkmoon"?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can't snipe for shit in the crucible, trying to use the test sniper.

Any tips?

Don't wait for them to make a move before shooting. Shoot where you think they will be next.

This has been brought to you by Sniping 101.

ertrtr.gif

Falifax. You are up for Elite. PM me if you want to know.

Any tips?

The test snipers are not great to judge your skill by. They have no perks and poor auto aim. You can be successful with them but other weapons are easier to use.

As for tips, I'd say the biggest thing is just take more shots. Don't worry so much about lining up perfect headshots. Instead just get a feel for it and go for shots whenever you can. Over time you'll get more comfortable and start getting a feel for it.

cilonen

Come Tuesday, can I just shard all my Year 1 ships, shaders and exotics? I've had a look around the galleries right now and they don't seem to have everything I have (I didn't see Glowhoo in there).

The exotic blueprints looked complete though, and unless I'm missing something I may as well just shard and grab one back from there if I ever need it.

Not true. I have my 20 slots filled with PEs and still get lost items in a separate bucket. Also got my Suros items in a separate bucket.

yup sorry, someone slapped me around and corrected me. And Ive been sitting here scared not to fill up the post master in fear I was going to lose some packages. Bah...

Dat Jewel. I watched about 10 minutes of your stream before leaving work last night and was convinced to try it out. It was a good compromise between the fast RoF of TLW and the heavy hitting Hawkmoon. Also, it freed up an exotic slot for sir ballerhorn. Now that H&HG is nerfed, the addition of tracking helps take the edge off.

What I love about it most is I can body shot with a sniper and switch to the Jewel for a finishing shot. I couldn't do that with The Last Word as a Gunslinger.

Unless there is something that hasn't been explained to me fully yet, standard strategies for a full group are unaffected.

Relic juggling has always been a standard, but not required, strategy. VoG isn't more difficult, just slightly less interesting. I posted about this is more detail on the last page.

You can't help kill Oracles during Atheon unless you're really careful with cleansing timing. Realistically this is isn't an issue for any experienced group but it's still a bad change. Templar is more negatively affected, Gate Keepers isn't really affected at all (it could never be solo'ed and relic juggling was rarely useful).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't wait for them to make a move before shooting. Shoot where you think they will be next.

This has been brought to you by Sniping 101.

ertrtr.gif

Falifax. You are up for Elite. PM me if you want to know.
Man, this is the kind of thing I just can't do and why it's so funny to me that I enjoyed the Omolon sniper in my haphazard style of using it while completing the bounty.

Strider

Any tips?

Swipe to win.

No but seriously if you find yourself in a tough spot just swipe across the screen n the direction of their head and let aim assist do the rest :p

I only use sniper as my special... I've gotten so many kills like this.

neoism

lol im amazed at meh 10 dolla headphones... i like earbuds.. but yeah i used the mono set for awhile and just one day used my earbuds and for some reason they work like a mic lol... i bought tritton 5.1 a few years back. i think i still have them in the closet somewhere but never again. they were 170 bones and like 2 months later the headset jack broke and then the headband thing.. ive used these earbuds for over a year soo far...

Lol your voice sound quality is ... Not the best :p

Gordon

What are bungie doing to pulse rifles? I just went and compared all of mine and I can't even tell what's what anymore. Is Hopscotch the same RoF/impact as an Allfate now? Ugh. I was actually enjoying PRs being varied and fun to use - now we're back to Red Death being the only one with impact? Has anybody established tiers with the new stat profiles, or are they all just tier 2 except Red Death now? Trying to establish a decent build in this game is exhausting. Seems like "fuckit I'll just use thorn" is going to be the only recurring theme in the meta I can manage to follow :/

neoism

Big maps are back in Control now.

i know but they must have a 0.000000001 weighting on them to show up i played everyday for 6 hours since the patch.. hell just a bit ago i finally played on the dungeon.. looks cool but it was in the middle of the game so It didnt last long... they really should have something like if you played a game on a certain map.. it goes out of rotation until you have played the rest. plus they reallly need to take out the old maps.. ive play on cauldron enough.
with this many maps and no voting.. their needs to be more playlists.. with certain maps.

:/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Relic juggling has always been a standard, but not required, strategy. VoG isn't more difficult, just slightly less interesting. I posted about this is more detail on the last page.

You can't help kill Oracles during Atheon unless you're really careful with cleansing timing. Realistically this is isn't an issue for any experienced group but it's still a bad change. Templar is more negatively affected, Gate Keepers isn't really affected at all (it could never be solo'ed and relic juggling was rarely useful).
I help kill the Oracles with the relic every time I'm wielding it, but I personally would consider both that and relic juggling to be on the advanced side rather than standard strategy. Also if it's a wipe-or-kill-the-last-Oracle situation in a portal, doesn't Time's Vengeance immediately refill your cleanse? What I meant was that for the average group that knows the basics of each encounter play should not be affected. I can accept that we're looking at it differently though. Just for the purposes of Afro's concern, I think it's generally fair to say that Gatekeeper and Atheon are unchanged, and yes if he tended to drop the relic during Templar to not do that anymore.

What are bungie doing to pulse rifles? I just went and compared all of mine and I can't even tell what's what anymore. Is Hopscotch the same RoF/impact as an Allfate now? Ugh. I was actually enjoying PRs being varied and fun to use - now we're back to Red Death being the only one with impact? Has anybody established tiers with the new stat profiles, or are they all just tier 2 except Red Death now? Trying to establish a decent build in this game is exhausting. Seems like "fuckit I'll just use thorn" is going to be the only recurring theme in the meta I can manage to follow :/

messenger bro

there are alot of good ones now. bad juju went from being average to top tier overnight. Strangers rifle was always good. and time piece is now a force gto be reckoned with. they all good and all differernt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom