• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
stupid question but I started the game with a new hunter char, found the terminal to access my limited edition ship and emblems but where is the one for the ghost skin I got o.o?

also..guys I finally started playing and if some people want to play with me I would be happy :D

found an answer to my own question..there is none and I'm fucked with my new char ;_;

Afrocious

Running around the moon with two brand new players
images

More like mfw dropping destiny before the first DLC and coming back bouta week ago

found an answer to my own question..there is none and I'm fucked with my new char ;_;

didn't see your post! i'd help but i dont have new alts atm. Some folks in this thread do though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, that's kind of shitty. I don't drop it to solo, but it's a valid tactic if a couple of people go down and you have one more run through the portals to drop the relic and help the other guy going through while the third guy just runs out to help with harpies (or the guy that was marked for teleport goes down and he only sends two). Trying to smash the O's with the relic always leads to me flying off of the map.
So what actually happens when you drop it? Is it just an instant wipe from Curse of the Aegis?

Anyway, get a little higher than the Oracle you're trying to hit before hitting the melee and you can usually smack them good, use the melee again if you bounce off to control your momentum. The relic super can also one-shot an oracle.

Can you still drop the sword to blink strike Crota?
yep

Sorry, I worded that poorly. As Drizz later elaborated, dropping the Relic now resets the cooldowns on your Super and Grenade (cleanse in this case). This means dropping the Relic is a super tricky proposition in case Oracles aren't killed, since you'll likely not have recovered your cleanse in time.

That pretty much narrows the scenarios where you can drop it to zero. I guess you could cleanse and then hope everyone makes it out before needing a cleanse again. Doubtful that everyone makes it to the center island without stopping to cleanse right outside of the portal.

matmanx1

I want a titan exotic that lets me move my bubble around. Like I'm a gerbil in a plastic ball.

This would be more appealing if the Warlock Nova Bomb didn't immediately pop your bubble.

The Gunsmith field test requiring Sniping in Crucible was the most difficult field test bounty to complete... granted that I am not a sniper

I actually found the sniper easier than the fusion rifle despite never really using them in crucible before. The fusion rifle had such a slow charge time that I was getting shotgunned half the time I tried to use it. The sniper was just stand at the back and wait for someone's head to show. I missed a bunch of shots but I didn't die much.

What did people do with shotguns pre-pve nerf? You guys just shot the fuck to death or something?

I used my icebreaker on him because I didn't have any Heavy Synth because I'm a huge scrub obv

Pretty much. Yellow bar enemies and bosses were terrible bullet sponges. The shotgun nerf is a little too far in the wrong direction. I hope they bring them back up another 15 - 20% and I wouldn't be opposed to a further range nerf in PVP. I still got 1 shotted by felwinter's lie last night at what felt like ridiculous range.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry, I worded that poorly. As Drizz later elaborated, dropping the Relic now resets the cooldowns on your Super and Grenade (cleanse in this case). This means dropping the Relic is a super tricky proposition in case Oracles aren't killed, since you'll likely not have recovered your cleanse in time.
But time's vengeance immediately refills both. So actually the scenario Hudson is talking about it wholly unaffected, since it's a last ditch attempt to get the Oracles killed in the first place versus wiping anyways.
That pretty much narrows the scenarios where you can drop it to zero. I guess you could cleanse and then hope everyone makes it out before needing a cleanse again. Doubtful that everyone makes it to the center island without stopping to cleanse right outside of the portal.
Unless I'm missing something, once you kill the last Oracle it doesn't matter because of Time's Vengeance.

It's not a good idea to cleanse outside the portal on the way to the center anyway though, just cleanse a second time when 2 or 3 Oracles remain (I usually have the Oracle killers come to the "circular plate" looking thing for this). Then you (with the relic) can leave before Time's Vengeance activates and get as close to a full 30 seconds of damage on Atheon as possible.

ocean

Banned
Last night I noticed Super Good Advice was running out of ammo on oracles.
It always ran out eventually, but so you mean every shot was registering as a hit and depleting ammo?

If so, RIP SGA. The only scenario where, despite not being optimal even there, we used you anyways.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any reason for me to bother to get to max light before TTK? I was at light 33 before the 2.0 patch because I basically skipped the latest DLC.

Afrocious

stop talking about VoG. you're making me think bungie changed it and how i cant just walk in and do it without someone explaining it to me

let me live in ignorance like nothing has happened at all.

But time's vengeance immediately refills both. So actually the scenario Hudson is talking about it wholly unaffected, since it's a last ditch attempt to get the Oracles killed in the first place versus wiping anyways.

Does TV effect you inside the portals? I thought you had to be outside for some reason.

As to your edit...sure, in a perfect world. I'm talking about shit going down and getting a chance to stop and take a breath and cleanse before going out into a mine field of harpies.

damn you bungie for not dropping Year 2 Packages this week for repping Vanguard, Crucible or Faction.. damn you!!

I had everything set up for TTK, but this buffer week still drops Year 1 packages and my characters are like non-playable because I don't to mistakenly bump them over the rep level until it is really Year 2,

i want Year 2 packages

Same here, my warlock and hunter can't do anything bar raids. I'm feeling destiny burnout anyway so a bit of a break should do me good

Edit it's that bad I couldn't even solo the abyss earlier, despite doing it 100s of times

Strider

Just bought TTK. Rockin that ps4 theme now.

All day at work I couldn't wait to get home to play. It's like launch again O_O

This would be more appealing if the Warlock Nova Bomb didn't immediately pop your bubble.

I actually found the sniper easier than the fusion rifle despite never really using them in crucible before. The fusion rifle had such a slow charge time that I was getting shotgunned half the time I tried to use it. The sniper was just stand at the back and wait for someone's head to show. I missed a bunch of shots but I didn't die much.

Pretty much. Yellow bar enemies and bosses were terrible bullet sponges. The shotgun nerf is a little too far in the wrong direction. I hope they bring them back up another 15 - 20% and I wouldn't be opposed to a further range nerf in PVP. I still got 1 shotted by felwinter's lie last night at what felt like ridiculous range.

I was playing Rift while doing the the Fusion test bounty, everyone was running like headless chickens in close quarters, got it out of the way in two matches.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
stop talking about VoG. you're making me think bungie changed it and how i cant just walk in and do it without someone explaining it to me

let me live in ignorance like nothing has happened at all.
Unless there is something that hasn't been explained to me fully yet, standard strategies for a full group are unaffected.

noomi

Checklist for Tuesday/Wednesday:

- Alarms set for 4:30AM
- Quick and Easy Foods
- Wife Wined & Dined
- Controllers & Headset Charged
- Boss Notified of Absence
- Laundry Finished

READY

Kurumi

Mayhem is fun. Feels like one of those modes I don't have be pissed that I lost because it's just mindless fun. I want to try this mode with the new subclasses.

Lee

Right, yeah Templar and Gatekeepers can't be soloed I guess.

Certainly, but as I mentioned above you don't want to be in the Portal (if you're the relic holder) when it activates anyway.

Could Gatekeepers ever be soloed? Templar could be swatted and supered I guess. Probably wouldn't kill him before enrage. Maybe with a high enough light/defense level it could still be soloed but why go through the trouble?

Ambitious

Yeah I'm happy to do runs w non-first timers, although I'd still like to have at least one newbie per run.

For awhile there were so many people asking I only did double newbie runs but things seemed to have slowed down a bit. Honestly Skolas is probably the only thing I'll bother playing this week, kinda bummed on the 2.0 changes and just waiting for TTK.

Of course. As I said, if there's anyone that needs to do Skolas for whatever reason (triumph, chest, armor/weapon core), they can have my spot. Otherwise.. is this still happening? I'll be around for about two more hours.

LTWood12

- Quick and Easy Foods
- Wife Wined & Dined
- Laundry Finished

READY

Checklist for Tuesday/Wednesday

-Read Gaf
-Lay on the beach
-Drink
-Play w/ kids
-Pretend to enjoy playing NBA2k14 w/ my brother-in-law
-After midnight, HOPEFULLY, get a chance to play a bit of Taken King

Lee

thank you jesu

7833715_f260.jpg

let me tell you about a time where people had gjallarhorns and wiped raids b/c they killed the gatekeepers too fast.

Haha. Trust me I've been there:
Vault of Glass
Level 26 Completions: 25

Vault of Glass
Level 30 Completions: 47

Just don't think Gatekeepers was ever solo-able due to the portals, but I remember videos of titans soloing Atheon by jumping outside of his teleporting range so maybe I missed some Gatekeeper shenanigans.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

- Quick and Easy Foods
- Wife Wined & Dined
- Laundry Finished

READY

Sounds like our old raid days :p I was always a zombie during those early runs.

Deku Tree

Checklist for Tuesday/Wednesday

-Read Gaf
-Lay on the beach
-Drink
-Play w/ kids
-Pretend to enjoy playing NBA2k14 w/ my brother-in-law
-After midnight, HOPEFULLY, get a chance to play a bit of Taken King

No Vita TTK remote play from the beach? Use your phone as a wifi hotspot?

posting again for those who didn't see earlier.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you, the Jewel of Osiris

jewel-of-osiris-review.png

banderas.png
THIS. GUN. THOUGH.
rejoice.png

No more talking. Here's 3 clips from today. Pick your poison

Skirmish Highlights (4:26)
GAF Rift Train on Vertigo (9:57)
GAF Rift Train on Pantheon (11:14)

Sorry Last Word, but I'm moving on.
7a1b27db5ca4784f2d88669cd29eaeb6.png

On another note, I need a new headset BAD. I sound like i'm playing in an underground tunnel. I can deal with a broken headset, but that sound quality is trash.

Does it sound like that on stream? Unacceptable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom