• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Guys, check it....

Bought a dead shot luna a while back, rolled full auto, snapshot, crowd control. Forgot i had it in the vault.... Decided to test it today.

If you have one bring it into crucible....

- range
- full auto
- fast RoF
- decent damage

Lnkn52

Unstable
Total Posts: 688
Total % of Grand Total:0.12%

You're definitely a scrub.

Man, not I'm even in the top 100?

I'm such a causal.
11.png

lol im amazed at meh 10 dolla headphones... i like earbuds.. but yeah i used the mono set for awhile and just one day used my earbuds and for some reason they work like a mic lol... i bought tritton 5.1 a few years back. i think i still have them in the closet somewhere but never again. they were 170 bones and like 2 months later the headset jack broke and then the headband thing.. ive used these earbuds for over a year soo far...

yea i want one of the beefy headsets. golds aren't cutting it anymore.

My biggest fear is to run into one of our GAF trains when I'm happily failing my way through crucible.

but then you'll have a good excuse

It wasnt my fault l played bad. I got steamrolled!

GAF always steals my kills

Im not so good either,
hop on a train! there a blast

Thanks for the sniping tips.

Guess it's just a case of keep trying, finish bottom with the fewest kills, get really pissed off.
Or get good.
give up with the test gun
hmm.

Afrocious

Just got off work and about to fuck around in Destiny.

If anyone needs runs for Skolas or Raids, Triumph help, etc, hit me up @PSN: Afrodeeziyak.

It's the least I can do considering how easily I got my endgame gear due to figs, and by extension, DestinyGAF.

I'll be doing crucible stuff in the meantime. Voidwalker + Mayhem here I come

Dat Jewel. I watched about 10 minutes of your stream before leaving work last night and was convinced to try it out. It was a good compromise between the fast RoF of TLW and the heavy hitting Hawkmoon. Also, it freed up an exotic slot for sir ballerhorn. Now that H&HG is nerfed, the addition of tracking helps take the edge off.

Jewel's better than the Hawkmoon right now IMO. Hawkmoon has a bit more impact and range but the Jewel beats it in stability and reload and I think aim assist as well.

Also, anyone else find it weird that the exotic hand cannons all have "ballistics" instead of "sights" in their first column?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Tecnniqe
Total Posts: 854
% of Grand Total: 0.15%

Sure. I'll see how to convert it over. It's 30 pages within 1 spreadsheet, because it's 1 OT per page.

How did you know what my favorite number is?! I'm scared now

Oh man, all of them posts in just a few months
obama_kicks_door.gif

Gordon

messenger bro

there are alot of good ones now. bad juju went from being average to top tier overnight. Strangers rifle was always good. and time piece is now a force gto be reckoned with. they all good and all differernt.
Ugh - never managed to snag one of those. When it was up for sale I always got roflstomped by hyper-sweaty kids. I'm not a super-strong pvp player. I can do alright playing against the general population, but Trials is always a choke-fest for me. I've only been to the Lighthouse once :/

So I guess my PR list will get sorted into;
Red Death
BJJ
Timepiece
Stranger's Rifle (never liked the recoil on that)
Oversoul Edict
Aegis of the Kell?
Allfate
Hopscotch

That sound about right?

hydruxo

posting again for those who didn't see earlier.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you, the Jewel of Osiris

jewel-of-osiris-review.png

banderas.png
THIS. GUN. THOUGH.
rejoice.png

No more talking. Here's 3 clips from today. Pick your poison

Skirmish Highlights (4:26)
GAF Rift Train on Vertigo (9:57)
GAF Rift Train on Pantheon (11:14)

Sorry Last Word, but I'm moving on.
7a1b27db5ca4784f2d88669cd29eaeb6.png

On another note, I need a new headset BAD. I sound like i'm playing in an underground tunnel. I can deal with a broken headset, but that sound quality is trash.

Does it sound like that on stream? Unacceptable!

I'm gonna have to try the Jewel out tonight then

Falifax

Going to class 5:30-8:30 Monday night, gonna pass out, and wake up at 3:30am get my McMuffins and ready to lock and load.

<- This guy still has a whole free week of grinding and raiding, then it's full 4 months of grinding pages in textbooks and raiding in the library. On the upside, my classes on Tuesday end at 11 am so I'll be around for reset shenanigans.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Going to class 5:30-8:30 Monday night, gonna pass out, and wake up at 3:30am get my McMuffins and ready to lock and load.
I'ma get up at 9am, pick up my Collectors Edition from EB Games, come home and mow the lawns, take a nap, then go and buy some Red Bull. Since it apparently go live at Rollover, my day doesn't really start until 9-10pm :D

<- This guy still has a whole free week of grinding and raiding, then it's full 4 months of grinding pages in textbooks and raiding in the library. On the upside, my classes on Tuesday end at 11 am so I'll be around for reset shenanigans.

Lucky. My classes don't start till 11am on Tuesday and end at 8pm. I'll get to play a bit in the morning but classes are going to feel like they are going by at a snails pace.

EL CUCO

On another note, I need a new headset BAD. I sound like i'm playing in an underground tunnel. I can deal with a broken headset, but that sound quality is trash.

Does it sound like that on stream? Unacceptable!
Thats exactly why I ditched my Golds and went with A50's. I hate sounding muffled up. These are much clearer. I also started hearing sounds I never knew existed in Destiny. Turns out, we actually do step on the ground when we walk.

Thats exactly why I ditched my Golds and went with A50's. I hate sounding muffled up. These are much clearer. I also started hearing sounds I never knew existed in Destiny. Turns out, we actually do step on the ground when we walk.

ugh, a $300 dollar headset though? ._____.

My third character is a Warlock and hes level 8. What should I do? Wait till Tuesday?
Don't I get a free bump to 25?

My Hunter and Titan are 34.

Lnkn52

You didn't hear footsteps with the gold?

Also, your mic does sound clear. You also tend to be the loudest. Kappa

I help kill the Oracles with the relic every time I'm wielding it, but I personally would consider both that and relic juggling to be on the advanced side rather than standard strategy. Also if it's a wipe-or-kill-the-last-Oracle situation in a portal, doesn't Time's Vengeance immediately refill your cleanse? What I meant was that for the average group that knows the basics of each encounter play should not be affected. I can accept that we're looking at it differently though. Just for the purposes of Afro's concern, I think it's generally fair to say that Gatekeeper and Atheon are unchanged, and yes if he tended to drop the relic during Templar to not do that anymore.

Right, I posted about this stuff already. The change doesn't make VoG harder, just slightly less interesting. Mechanics are more interesting when a higher skill ceiling supports more play styles . The relic was previously tuned perfectly, now it's not.

T's V will kick in if you clear the last oracle or everyone could just run outside to avoid a wipe if you can't kill it.

Swipe to win.

No but seriously if you find yourself in a tough spot just swipe across the screen n the direction of their head and let aim assist do the rest :p

I only use sniper as my special... I've gotten so many kills like this.

Dude, thank you. I just applied this and got more sniper kills in a single match than I ever have. I think I might have just been trying to be too perfect.

EL CUCO

ugh, a $300 dollar headset though? ._____.
I heard A40's are just as good. The only difference is the wireless
bday gift from the wifey :)
You didn't hear footsteps with the gold?

Also, your mic does sound clear. You also tend to be the loudest. Kappa
Nope. I could hear everything but steps for some reason. The loudness might just be because I'm cuban ;)

vctor182

Guys the GameStop I called for the Destiny PS4 bundle is having a Monday 9Pm launch I'll be getting it and leave it on the whole night for updates and stuff lol

Need a 6th for a first timer's Vualt of Glass run, anyone able to help?

Sorry, forgot to say, on PS4, PSN name is TotalBiscuit257 (yes, I know, like the YouTube guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom