• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Ran strikes all day. Anywhere from 40-50 strikes.

For Strike exclusives I got:

Imago Loop
Void Flayers cloak
Devouring Maw

The drop rate is very low, but it's nice for somethings to be rare in a loot game. Especially since TTK hands out exotics and other drops so easily.
Iv done 50+ strikes and gotten one strike loot and that was from the NF strike. Too rare imo. I'm also going with I have really bad luck with this game.

maomaoIYP

Iv done 50+ strikes and gotten one strike loot and that was from the NF strike. Too rare imo. I'm also going with I have really bad luck with this game.
I've been doing strikes since launch, I only got my first exclusive this week, on the lvl 300 exotic sword alak kul strike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh. While I'm not actually sold on the FWC Hand Cannon... every other weapon Lakshmi has to offer looks seriously compelling, specifically for PvP. Props to BNG for catering to me personally by including not one but two very interesting (and very different) fusion rifles.

Every time I load into the tower, I see blueberries with 250 light wearing darkbalde helm and taniks/flayer cloaks :(

This. Not to mention I've ran KF 3x since release and I have the boots on two characters. No chest pieces, no gloves, and no helmets. Smart fucking loot. End rant. Bed time.

Can anyone help me finish Undying Mind for the Hunger Pangs quest? I've already started. Just want to make sure I get my target. LV 302

PSN Gotstrangepowers

Every time I load into the tower, I see blueberries with 250 light wearing darkblade helm and taniks/flayer cloaks :(

This. Not to mention I've ran KF 3x since release and I have the boots on two characters. No chest pieces, no gloves, and no helmets. Smart fucking loot. End rant. Bed time.

Hunter Master Cloak ;)
DpWPSkV.png

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm at Light level 217 and wanna know what I should be doing to get up to 290. I've been doing level 36 strikes, but I'm not sure if I'll keep getting good stuff like that, especially when I've only had one legendary drop and it was for a titan when I'm a hunter.

todd360

The worst thing about the ghosts is that we still only have the one shell type as an option. You see ghosts that look different all over the game and we can't use them.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm at Light level 217 and wanna know what I should be doing to get up to 290. I've been doing level 36 strikes, but I'm not sure if I'll keep getting good stuff like that, especially when I've only had one legendary drop and it was for a titan when I'm a hunter.

Get Legendary Marks and buy purple gear with it. Save Up strange coins and wait for xur on friday to trade them in for exotic gear. Also, buy three of coins from Xur and use them on Strikes to have a decent chance at getting exotic engrams.

Trace

Banned
I'm getting real sick of this Sunbreaker shit.

Nerf it before Trials Bungie for the love of god.

I just had one survive a golden gun shot, like REALLY?

Deku Tree

http://planetdestiny.com/taken-king-strike-loot/

And one thing, you can get strike loot for different classes. For example, the Taniks cloak dropped for my Titan.

Oh wow I got treads upon stars and deleted it. It was garbage. Also didn't realize that I have imago's loop.

Got the Raid Scout (@305) with full auto, any good? Or just infuse my 299 favorite gun?

I like it. IMO life support is the best of the possible perk roles (if you have a full auto hori), which I got. Cocoon plus bonus taken damage is OP in the raid.

Get Legendary Marks and buy purple gear with it. Save Up strange coins and wait for xur on friday to trade them in for exotic gear. Also, buy three of coins from Xur and use them on Strikes to have a decent chance at getting exotic engrams.

I see. Thanks for the help!

todd360

My strat is going to be kill the fuck out of every titan who moves so they don't have supers until we have 4 wins atleast.

This is going to be crazy. 3 sunbreakers per team shenanigans is going to be worse than thorn teams from the last trials. May rngesus have mercy on our souls.

Time for you guys to go for WR speedrun now. ;P
Think it's at 34 minutes.

haha yeah I just watched that video actually, 34:09. It can definitely be improved in a few spots. Mainly Golgi and the piston jumps (can cheese across the top with sword), a little faster Warpriest burn, but Daughters are locked into the 2-cycle with Hymn countdown. It'd be fun to non-WR speed run it which would happen naturally in teams that know the raid well.

Oryx is such a dead weight on any speed run, there's nothing interesting you can do strategically to speed up that lumbering oaf. Quick Shade kills are basically it. My only thought was optimizing blight detonation timing. Since you don't need all 6 people to stagger him, the farthest blighters could leave early and start asap. That's pretty minimal though.

Farm a bunch of Court of Oryx for engrams, equip any new gear you get that has higher Light and keep decrypting. The light level of gear you get is based on your character's light level so you will naturally keep getting higher and higher drops up towards 280 until it starts flattening out. Once you get around 285-290 then hop in the raid.

Juraash

I've found it to be a pretty baller scout rifle. If it wasn't for my Tlalalalaloc, that would be my main.

Tlaloc is such a good gun. I got mine up to 309 after my last Oryx kill so now I don't take a light level bit when swapping from ToM. It's really one of my favorite scouts, especially when you have your super charged.

My strat is going to be kill the fuck out of every titan who moves so they don't have supers until we have 4 wins atleast.

This is going to be crazy. 3 sunbreakers per team shenanigans is going to be worse than thorn teams from the last trials. May rngesus have mercy on our souls.

I don't expect it to be too bad but I guess we'll see just how much of a pain they will be.

Meh grenades, crap melee, and no notable exotics.

My warlock is going to clean up titans in trials.

Unless I meet unstable in there. Lol.

Trace

Banned

It's possibly the most broken thing I've seen in Destiny PvP since Auto Rifle/Fusion combo at release.

There is no reason that a single class super should just be straight up better than every other super at everything in PvP. I see no reason why every team shouldn't just run double Sunbreaker and a Sunsinger in PvP.

It's possibly the most broken thing I've seen in Destiny PvP since Auto Rifle/Fusion combo at release.

There is no reason that a single class super should just be straight up better than every other super at everything in PvP. I see no reason why every team shouldn't just run double Sunbreaker and a Sunsinger in PvP.

auto fusion was OP sure, but not broken. mythoclast was broken. final round was broken. and this shit is definitely broken.

I still don't think it's possible to make a case where it isn't equivalent to golden gun in utility with the added bonus of turning the Titan into a wrecking ball. At least you can hide behind a corner and golden gun shots don't come raining from the sky and there are only 3 and it doesn't last as long and...

todd360

lol at playing trials before the sunbreaker nerf.

iron banner is one thing, but trials? avoid it on principle.

I don't know. The challenge makes it more exciting to me. I look forward to figuring out strats for dealing with 3 sunbreakers teams.

Spy

Is anyone planning on running Oryx (PS4) tonight? I've done everything up until that point and know how to do the final fight, just haven't had the chance to get a group.

Trace

Banned
auto fusion was OP sure, but not broken. mythoclast was broken. final round was broken. and this shit is definitely broken.

Alright yea I'll give that to you. Surviving golden gun shots, high impact supers... Honestly the super could give no damage reduction whatsoever and it would still be decent.

todd360

Oh yeah no final round bullshit. Thank the traveler for that. That shit pissed me off so much. Match starts and people are just shooting their snipers into a wall so they can kill you by shooting you in the toe.

Oh yeah no final round bullshit. Thank the traveler for that. That shit pissed me off so much. Match starts and people are just shooting their snipers into a wall so they can kill you by shooting you in the toe.

the sweatiest thing i've ever seen in a video game.

Top Bottom