• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
need another invite, this is what I'm seeing on my friends list ingame...
CQhVRsxUsAA3wKm.jpg:orig
It shows on the director whether you did it. Are you full? I still need a NF.

yeah but I can help with another after

zewone

On that last run Unstable was one ToM shot away from killing himself during an Echo phase.

That would have been a heartbreaker, lol.

GhaleonEB

Dreadnought question.

How the heck are you supposed to get to the 'scene of the worm' chest before the timer runs out? I could barely make it halfway across the chasm before it ran out, and that was after a half hour of trying. I'm thinking a fire team leading the way by making platforms visible is required.

Dreadnought question.

How the heck are you supposed to get to the 'scene of the worm' chest before the timer runs out? I could barely make it halfway across the chasm before it ran out, and that was after a half hour of trying. I'm thinking a fire team leading the way by making platforms visible is required.

Having another player or two is the best way. Either that or practice until you're fairly confident you can find a few of the platforms blind. I've done it both ways.

Congrats on Flawless you guys, that's great.

I gotta decide if I want to try and score a Flawless VoG or KF for mine. Should really go for it soon

I'd vote for VoG. It's the original, can't beat that. It's an easier flawless than KF but not by that much. Warpriest and Golgi are both easier than Templar. Oryx is longer but not that much harder than Atheon. Hive ships are easy and early, piston jumps are just long although you can cheese with the sword wall climb.

Our KF run took 1 hr 13 min which isn't that far off a flawless VoG which were typically 50-60 min.

Wanna help us with Oryx real quick?

Did you still need people for this? I can hop on real quick if so.

Dreadnought question.

If you are solo, I'd try the method in this video. Takes a little bit of practicing and it's definitely not how Bungie intended it to be done, but if you are just after the Calcified Fragment I say go for it.

https://youtu.be/W9o__b2l7LE

Dreadnought question.

Yup, I've been trying to as well. Definitely think a fireteam is the way to go. Was hoping some randoms might catch on and help me, but to no avail.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dreadnought question.

Midi and Titan skating.

Spent hours trying to get flayers cloak. No do. Wonder if I'm doing it right. Running the 20 strike over and over.

Dreadnought question.

What i did when i solo'd it was take practice runs. See which way i should go, memorize the way i wanted to go. And time which way felt faster for me.

Dreadnought question.

I actually did it alone first try and by the time i opened it i had 2 seconds left. Therefore a fireteam is not required but it helps a lot if you cant memorize where the platforms are after they disappear from the ghost effect. Like i popped my ghost, it showed the platform right in front of me and the next one a little further, i jumped to the one in front of my but the next one had already disappeared, i jumped anyway because i knew it was there, popped my ghost etc etc. It felt pretty easy.

shermas

I'm working on the chaperone quest... what's the fastest way to get the Ultra or PvE kills for the part after the Crucible? I'd like to get this done by this Armsday.

Also, during the Shield Bros strike, do we HAVE to kill the bros with the shotgun, or can we just hit him with shotguns? And, if I'm in a fireteam and my partner gets the final shotgun shot, does it count for me, as long as we finish him with a shotgun?

Thanks for any help.

GhaleonEB

Got it, thanks. If anyone is able to help with that and the dual panels on the Cabal ship (I think it requires two so you can hit them both at the same time?) I'd love the help. Those are the only two puzzles I've found but can't complete as yet.

Also, I have done the raid up to daughters, so I think I have that checkpoint; would love to clear it before the reset. Not sure if the group I was with kept going this week or not.

Namikaze1

I kept telling myself not to fall while doing relic duty. And to not hit the hive ship.

I was more worry about the King's Wrath though since I had no cover. Thankfully the knights were busy shooting at the two running around the platforms near the stairs.

I'd vote for VoG. It's the original, can't beat that. It's an easier flawless than KF but not by that much. Warpriest and Golgi are both easier than Templar. Oryx is longer but not that much harder than Atheon. Hive ships are easy and early, piston jumps are just long although you can cheese with the sword wall climb.

Our KF run took 1 hr 13 min which isn't that far off a flawless VoG which were typically 50-60 min.

Did you still need people for this? I can hop on real quick if so.
Our flawless VoG HM took us 44 minutes if I recall correctly.

Frostburn

Got it, thanks. If anyone is able to help with that and the dual panels on the Cabal ship (I think it requires two so you can hit them both at the same time?) I'd love the help. Those are the only two puzzles I've found but can't complete as yet.

The door that opens by using a ghost on those two panels can simply be jumped over on the left side unless Bungie fixed it.

Edit: beaten

can you get to 300 without the raid?

Technically yes but it ain't easy. You can get a guaranteed 300 artifact without the raid, plus a 300 special weapon from the Vanguard Strike quest line. Not sure about other guaranteed 300s. Edit: 310 Exotic sword doesn't need raid.

Otherwise you need to get lucky with blues or purples decryting into 300 (very rare but possible). I've heard you can decrypt 310 exotics even if you are sub 300 (like 299 light) but I wouldn't count on it.

Anything 280-285+ is fine for the raid, especially with a decent group. If you get a few lucky drops along the way you could be 290+ by the time you get to Oryx which is the only place it really matters (that fight is 300 light). Don't sweat 300, just hop on in there.

Keep the raid hand cannon or not?
I find it t be ho hum

What's the far right perk? Firefly is the best option although imo the HC isn't that great regardless. Reload is so slow you basically have to rely on the Cocoon perk. It's meh.

Raid pulse and scout (with full auto) are winners. HC and auto seem meh.

i'm actually at 296. i wanted to get to 300 before iron banner, but i didn't realize blues capped at 300.

I've gotten 0 blues at 300 after what I imagine is easily over 1000 engrams decrypted. One 299 blue and 1 purple at 300. It happens but it's rare.

What's the far right perk? Firefly is the best option although imo the HC isn't that great regardless. Reload is so slow you basically have to rely on the Cocoon perk. It's meh.

Raid pulse and scout (with full auto) are winners. HC and auto seem meh.

I've gotten 0 blues at 300 after what I imagine is easily over 1000 engrams decrypted. One 299 blue and 1 purple at 300. It happens but it's rare.

No firefly :(
I've been thinking of buying a year two euros, and infusing it with the hand cannon
It's just so slow to reload

shermas

For new page:

I'm working on the chaperone quest... what's the fastest way to get the Ultra or PvE kills for the part after the Crucible? I'd like to get this done by this Armsday.

Also, during the Shield Bros strike, do we HAVE to kill the bros with the shotgun, or can we just hit him with shotguns? And, if I'm in a fireteam and my partner gets the final shotgun shot, does it count for me, as long as we finish him with a shotgun?

Thanks for any help.

And... PS: That's amazing that you guys already did a flawless KF raid. Crazy stuff.

Dreadnought question.

Fireteam will make it easier but you can solo it if you're fast enough.

Max agility, use ghost to mark platforms while mid jump and you'll make it with time to spare.

Unstable

Searching on YT I found one other flawless KF video from 4 days ago so we definitely weren't first (not surprising). It's got a whopping 224 views so obviously nobody cares that much, haha. If we'd done it within the first week it might have been more noteworthy.

Also they 2-cycled the Daughters so we just suck.

I mean, obviously.

Top Bottom