• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

deoee

It is possible, very frustrating but possible.

I did it as my hunter... went into a rumble match with TLW equipped, waited for heavy round, grabbed heavy and destroyed everyone with my heavy machine gun. Went on a 15 killstreak and got it done in a few rounds.

I was very angry at one point, and I think I probably popped a blood vessel in my head.

Hmmm, I received my spark of light as soon as I logged into the game for the first time when TTK was release. It's been sitting in my vault ever since.... not sure what to do with it :p

I just tried it in Mayhem: Only equipping the TLW as I shoot people with GoldenGun dos NOTHING to my percentage Or I'm stupid.

I don't know anymore. This has to be the most frustrating thing I've ever attempted.
How can you nerf a gun to a pile of shit and then connect it to a quest?
HOW?!

M.D

What the hell? I'm just looking at the map now and when I point at that Taken King icon it says "The Taken King Required"

I've entered the code yesterday and it accepted it
I did so on my alternate EU PSN account and now I'm playing on my main US account, but I've searched and made sure before and it should work that way and recognize that I have the DLC even if its played on a different account

I just tried it in Mayhem: Only equipping the TLW as I shoot people with GoldenGun dos NOTHING to my percentage Or I'm stupid.

I don't know anymore. This has to be the most frustrating thing I've ever attempted.
How can you nerf a gun to a pile of shit and then connect it to a quest?
HOW?!

Try "classic" 6v6. Its where all the people without TTK play, which includes plenty of new people who just arent very good. You can kill the shit out of them.

MrDaravon

I for one do not desire a nerf unless they isolate it PvP.

This is the problem Bungie has given themselves by insisting on fully integrating PvE and PvP unfortunately. Hammers absolutely needs a nerf in PvP, it is inarguably OP as fuck. But if you nerf it you hurt it in PvE which isn't fair to those players either. And not that a million other things and supers aren't also broken, Hammers are just the top of the list.

Bungie really really really needs to just separate the modes and balance them separately. I will continue to harp on this until they do it (which they probably won't). The first time I left the game it was because they nerfed auto rifles which I used in PvE to fix PvP balance. It's fucking dogshit.

Tovarisc

I'm sure they will tone it down a bit... at some point.

Hopefully before trials & IB.

You mean like they did some balancing on Bladedancer during Y1 so it's not borderline godmode when spamming attack because it apparently lags game out or just straight out gives invincibility frames?

Oh wait, they didn't do jackshit to it.

so happy that i could raid with my 3 characters in this weekend!
and my titan is like "4 days old", all thanks to the marks ive stocked and the infuse system! works very well with both alts!

Sky Walker

I want to do the raid with my hunter alt "level 304" before the reset and already have the warpriest cp.

Any groups are going to do it tonight ?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The TLW Quest seriously breaks me.
I can not do it.
It is not possible fuck it ...

help me ;_;

Only equip TLW when your super is full. Unequip when no super. Makes it relatively easy.

Speaking of PVP, I finished my chaperone quest yesterday and didn't realize until then just how strong shotguns are. The quest forces you to use shotties and they are ridiculous. Every map is close quarters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
so happy that i could raid with my 3 characters in this weekend!
and my titan is like "4 days old", all thanks to the marks ive stocked and the infuse system! works very well with both alts!

I took my hunter from level 32 and untouched since TDB to level 303 in one day. It's pretty sweet.

noomi

I remember, i was there, think your excitement level was higher then getting the Hawkmoon .

Lets try and forget about that moment :p

I think my wife was very afraid of me during that 10 minutes haha.

You mean like they did some balancing on Bladedancer during Y1 so it's not borderline godmode when spamming attack because it apparently lags game out or just straight out gives invincibility frames?

Oh wait, they didn't do jackshit to it.

Yeah well.... a man can dream :p

They've actually been pretty quick to fix issues these last few weeks, lets hope that this trend continues.

Namikaze1

Also, second death doesn't count. Someone pushed me. Now that first one though. That taken phalanx can rot in hell for that first one. Fucker sent me flying off the map.

LiK

just wanted to mention that it was the first time I played Raid last night with a bunch of 300+ Guardians. only one person was 290+. and even without a WoL, people were able to stagger Oryx pretty easily. it was a pretty smooth run last night aside from runner dying a few times.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
just wanted to mention that it was the first time I played Raid last night with a bunch of 300+ Guardians. only one person was 290+. and even without a WoL, people were able to stagger Oryx pretty easily. it was a pretty smooth run last night aside from runner dying a few times.
If everyone can shoot him at the same time for a few seconds, he will be staggered. You don't even need the malice or a sniper.

LiK

If everyone can shoot him at the same time for a few seconds, he will be staggered. You don't even need the malice or a sniper.

the group I played with before that were all 290s did not stagger him for whatever reason. not really sure if everyone was shooting him or not. but we did wipe there quite a bit. did not beat Oryx because of it.

noomi

Can't wait for new CoO so I can get my final fragment and get that sweet sweet touch of malice

I am not sure if we will get a new fragment from Tier 3 CoO tomorrow, there is speculation that the last 3 fragments will be obtained from hard mode or challenge mode raiding.

Currently sitting @ 47/50 here

Once everyone is level 300+ and has touch of malice equipped with a high impact sniper the last two fights become significantly easier.

Our group is able to do a full raid in about an hour, and then with stopping for all the hidden chests.

We are ready for hard mode :D

Top Bottom