• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Congrats on the flawless raid guys!

For the chaperone stike version of the two brothers quest. does the kill have to be with a shotgun or do you simply need to put shotgun ammo on him? Im scared about doing this with randoms lol

Congrats on the flawless raid guys!

For the chaperone stike version of the two brothers quest. does the kill have to be with a shotgun or do you simply need to put shotgun ammo on him? Im scared about doing this with randoms lol

I think you just need to put a few rounds into each of them with the shotgun?

realcZk

The exotic sword looks cool and all but I'm not sure if its worth the decline in mental health I will suffer from monotonous relic iron node farming as I cross my fingers and pray to the Traveler that rngesus drops me the material I need. I attempted it last night for about 30 minutes and managed to get 1/10 of the items I need... I just can't...guardian down!

RNGesus has bestowed me with the 3 stolen runes I needed, I have loads of charged antiquated runes so tomorrow reset ToM will be mine

Also big thanks to Kyoufu for lighting the path with that stupid wormscent chest

Congrates on the Flawless and article guys! It's great to see some DGAF love in the Destiny community. Reddit is such a monster sometimes! At leas we get Luke up in here.

Over the weekend I got the very last part of my crucible questline. I also banged out all the Warlock PVP emblems and started on my Hunter as well. All that PVP got me thinking...

A few questions for the PvP GAFers here. I'm trying to get my crucible legs again as we all gear up for IB and trials. I tend to be an aggressive player. TLW getting nerfed hurt because I loved getting up in people's faces. I'm finding that distance seems to be much more important.

1) The Jade Rabbit. Does anyone use this in crucible? Good? Bad? I used a Suros scout in Clash to finish off the "6+ Kills with a scout and 3x wins" portion of the crucible quest and did very well.

2) Red Death. What perks do you like on it? I seem to do really good or really bad with it. I'm not sure what I am missing. I've been wrecked by it many times.

3) Bad Juju. Still viable? What perks?

4) The Tlaloc. I can't seem to get the hang of this gun. Do you like stability or the range? Are you playing a distance game while using it?

tick221

RNGesus has bestowed me with the 3 stolen runes I needed, I have loads of charged antiquated runes so tomorrow reset ToM will be mine

Also big thanks to Kyoufu for lighting the path with that stupid wormscent chest

I'm hurting for stolen and don't want to use up all my materials to get them, also have tons of antiquated

LiK

The exotic sword looks cool and all but I'm not sure if its worth the decline in mental health I will suffer from monotonous relic iron node farming as I cross my fingers and pray to the Traveler that rngesus drops me the material I need. I attempted it last night for about 30 minutes and managed to get 1/10 of the items I need... I just can't...guardian down!

got a Ghost with Iron Relic detector? turn on podcasts and drive around for 2 hours.

Namikaze1

Complaining about Bladedancers on the last page - calling people salty about Sunbreakers. The inferiority complex is strong.

93TxhSF.gif

I don't think it's rng. I think you have to get exactly 100 of whatever material it asks for. If not, it's close to 100.
I hated that mission, but I think my exotic arc sword is awesome. I think it's worth it, sadly.

LiK

I don't think it's rng. I think you have to get exactly 100 of whatever material it asks for. If not, it's close to 100.
I hated that mission, but I think my exotic arc sword is awesome. I think it's worth it, sadly.

150 for me exactly to get all of them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
got a Ghost with Iron Relic detector? turn on podcasts and drive around for 2 hours.

Exactly what I did, except it took twice as long because I did void on my Titan...I also did not have a ghost with relic iron detector because non of the vendors were selling it at that time either...

It was worth it in the end though because the void sword is awesome. Spin to win!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Complaining about Bladedancers on the last page - calling people salty about Sunbreakers. The inferiority complex is strong.

Bladedancers and Sunbreakers have the same damage resistance 50%.
The reason Titans are harder to kill is due to the Armor they have, which can be higher.

Baam now stop it.

realcZk

I have the void sword, the exotic version's attack does look pretty sweet.

I do, it would help if I did something else at the same time. I was honestly surprised to see this quest in TTK is all (especially limiting it to the nodes themselves and not chests). I've had my fill of material farming from vanilla :)

Congrates on the Flawless and article guys! It's great to see some DGAF love in the Destiny community. Reddit is such a monster sometimes! At leas we get Luke up in here.

Over the weekend I got the very last part of my crucible questline. I also banged out all the Warlock PVP emblems and started on my Hunter as well. All that PVP got me thinking...

A few questions for the PvP GAFers here. I'm trying to get my crucible legs again as we all gear up for IB and trials. I tend to be an aggressive player. TLW getting nerfed hurt because I loved getting up in people's faces. I'm finding that distance seems to be much more important.

1) The Jade Rabbit. Does anyone use this in crucible? Good? Bad? I used a Suros scout in Clash to finish off the "6+ Kills with a scout and 3x wins" portion of the crucible quest and did very well.

2) Red Death. What perks do you like on it? I seem to do really good or really bad with it. I'm not sure what I am missing. I've been wrecked by it many times.

4) The Tlaloc. I can't seem to get the hang of this gun. Do you like stability or the range? Are you playing a distance game while using it?

I can only speak for Red Death as that's my new go to weapon. I use field choke and snapshot and am pulling close to 2.0 k/d when I'm not dicking about doing bounties etc..high caliber rounds don't make enough of a difference to be used. The health regen should be invaluable with trials and I suspect it will be the gun of choice for most. I'm struggling to find a decent PvP sniper, I've had loads drop but none with shortgaze

Edit I like hereafter for PvP but need a Yr2 messenger to run with that

The reason Titans are harder to kill is due to the Armor they have, which can be higher.

Baam now stop it.

Plus they can strafe, not come straight at you, and don't have to get into shotgun range to OHK you.

LiK

I have the void sword, the exotic version's attack does look pretty sweet.

I do, it would help if I did something else at the same time. I was honestly surprised to see this quest in TTK is all (especially limiting it to the nodes themselves and not chests). I've had my fill of material farming from vanilla :)

yea, the exotic quest seems like it was made to let new players know what vanilla was like. vets like us are SICK of it, lol. Bungie are trolls man.

Having completed my second of three exotic sword farm grinds (the god damn worst), I think I have a theory about when the rare materials drop from nodes. I think it is related to your completion percentage of the ability kills. My first exotic sword, I started farming nodes with 0% void ability kills. It took forever to get any nodes to drop the relic. I then at some point went out and farmed a bunch of void kills, and the nodes started to drop a few. From there, every 10% ability kills or so, I would get a new relic to drop. It basically ended up my ability kills finishing shortly before my 10 rare material dropped.... now on to my second sword farming, the arc sword.

With my second sword, I logged a bunch of arc ability kills before going for any material nodes, and I did not have the massive dry spell before the first rare material dropped. It went pretty slowly from there, and again it seemed like a rare material would drop every 10% or so I gained of arc ability kills. The last bit is what I feel like helps my case. I played a bunch of story missions with a friend, and left Bladedancer active, so I ranked up a ton of arc ability kills and was at 80% by the time I went back to Cosmodrone patrol to farm. I only had 4/10 rare mats at that point, but with 80% of my arc kills done, I seemingly started to get my rare mats to drop much more consistently than I have ever seen. I all of a sudden was getting 3 within 10 minutes, opposed to zero in 45 minutes. This deluge of rare mats seemed to go right up to about... you guessed it 8/10 and from there I closed in on 90% arc ability kills and then once I finished all my arc kills, the last two rare mats came with ease. I don't think it is impossible to farm all materials first with zero ability kills, but as soon as my ability kill % outpaced my material drops by several tens of %, the mats would start dropping much quicker.

tl;dr I believe the drop rate of the rare materials for the exotic sword farming quest is tied to the % of your ability kills completed. My guess is this guarantees to slow down this quest line at a average rate across all classes and planets. It seems to average about 1 rare mat drop per 10% ability kills.

I'm still using it and loving it. It's a total wrecking ball.

I run with Smart Drift Control and Perfect Balance.

I think this might be my next purchase with marks. Thanks for the tips!

I can only speak for Red Death as that's my new go to weapon. I use field choke and snapshot and am pulling close to 2.0 k/d when I'm not dicking about doing bounties etc..high caliber rounds don't make enough of a difference to be used. The health regen should be invaluable with trials and I suspect it will be the gun of choice for most. I'm struggling to find a decent PvP sniper, I've had loads drop but none with shortgaze

Snapshot is something I actually haven't tried. That should potentially help when I get cause to close to someone. I'll give it a go tonight.

I've been using the 1k Stare. The one from the quest has shortgaze with decent perks. It feels like Her Benevolence to me.

Definity

Think I'm going to work on my final ALT soon and power level him up and get back to some regular PVP stuff. Been completely sucked into all the PVE stuff available and have only hit the crucible for the daily a couple times. They need to rename Rumble mode to Sword Boosting though.

Thanks to toastyToast and you other guys for killing Oryx!

I had 20 moldering shards so i got 2x handcannon, Pulse rifle and the helmet

Magwik

Banned
I might make a Titan today real quick and just get him to 40 and infuse some of my hunter armor over just so I can run two NF today and maybe make this alt raid ready. . I do not want to do the non story mode quests for this character though (excluding sub class specific quests). I will do all the non-story mode quests on my main.
That's what I did
Ran through the main story
Did bounties for a couple of days
The second he got to 40 I threw spare high level gear on him and within the hour he was at 292

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
tl;dr I believe the drop rate of the rare materials for the exotic sword farming quest is tied to the % of your ability kills completed. My guess is this guarantees to slow down this quest line at a average rate across all classes and planets. It seems to average about 1 rare mat drop per 10% ability kills.

Interesting theory, but on my Solar sword quest I had finished all of the kills before ever even thinking about farming for the materials and it still took ages.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Edit I like hereafter for PvP but need a Yr2 messenger to run with that

Did you pick up an order for the Eirene sniper for Armsday? Based on stats, should be a monster for PvP/Trials if you get good roll options. Will be able to revive snip as well.

Red Death will be my next purchase this week as well, still haven't found a gun I feel comfortable with in PvP since TLW nerf.

Baam now stop it.
I think sunbreakers have 55% damage resistance, same as a Warlock in Radiant Skin.

Shooting a Sunbreaker with a Stillpiercer does 197 damage (not killing them) and hunters can have 198 health points with max armor. I believe one shot from Stillpiercer will kill any blade dancer.

Baliis

Having completed my second of three exotic sword farm grinds (the god damn worst), I think I have a theory about when the rare materials drop from nodes. I think it is related to your completion percentage of the ability kills. My first exotic sword, I started farming nodes with 0% void ability kills. It took forever to get any nodes to drop the relic. I then at some point went out and farmed a bunch of void kills, and the nodes started to drop a few. From there, every 10% ability kills or so, I would get a new relic to drop. It basically ended up my ability kills finishing shortly before my 10 rare material dropped.... now on to my second sword farming, the arc sword.

With my second sword, I logged a bunch of arc ability kills before going for any material nodes, and I did not have the massive dry spell before the first rare material dropped. It went pretty slowly from there, and again it seemed like a rare material would drop every 10% or so I gained of arc ability kills. The last bit is what I feel like helps my case. I played a bunch of story missions with a friend, and left Bladedancer active, so I ranked up a ton of arc ability kills and was at 80% by the time I went back to Cosmodrone patrol to farm. I only had 4/10 rare mats at that point, but with 80% of my arc kills done, I seemingly started to get my rare mats to drop much more consistently than I have ever seen. I all of a sudden was getting 3 within 10 minutes, opposed to zero in 45 minutes. This deluge of rare mats seemed to go right up to about... you guessed it 8/10 and from there I closed in on 90% arc ability kills and then once I finished all my arc kills, the last two rare mats came with ease. I don't think it is impossible to farm all materials first with zero ability kills, but as soon as my ability kill % outpaced my material drops by several tens of %, the mats would start dropping much quicker.

I finished my quest at like 30% ability kills, so doesn't seem likely to me.

PuMa

So far for me, it's been mostly pulse rifles. I have been desperately trying to find a replacement for The Messenger. Right now my favorite is probably a SUROS PDX-41 that I got which dropped with Rodeo and Hand Laid Stock. The thing is solid. Fires like a laser.

So use a super to counter a super. BD with armor takes same amount of hits as a SB. Just be clever about it.

Whole topic is salty at best.

Maybe your attitude is dismissive at best. The Sunbreaker is significantly more lethal than the BD and significantly harder to kill despite your attempts at equating and hedging.

Baliis

So use a super to counter a super. BD with armor takes same amount of hits as a SB. Just be clever about it.

A shame my super doesn't one shot them, or suppress their super like its supposed to unless they're dumb enough to stand around for another like 3 seconds. Meanwhile they've already one shot me and healed the damage my super did do and already moving to their next victim.

I don't have a horse in this race, and will just run SB in PvP. But you should really be honest with yourself and admit that just because the damage buff to the two classes may be close, the practical effects favor the SB by a whole lot. I have to save my super to play defensively just because the SB is broken? That's not any fun, and that's why I play the game...for fun.

Top Bottom