• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

noomi

3 raids complete on my hunter and I don't have a helmet, gauntlets, chest or boots (or heavy or sniper.)

I'm missing a bunch of stuff as well. Eventually we will all get it... or not.

I think wicked and gunners are the only ones with a full set I know of at the moment. Lucky bastards!

Feel bad for the reef. Every time I go there, it's empty.

Hah! I was thinking the same thing, not even Xur goes there anymore.

Navy Bean

Stormcaller finally clicked for me in PvP... That super with Impossible Machines is beastly once you get the hang of it, but it does take some skill to master. Jump above enemies, pop super, bathe in chaos.

Mupod

Sorry for these noob questions!

Where can I find the daily and weekly story missions?

Where is xur?

The daily/weekly stuff is on the planet selection screen. It'll be in the bottom left, those little icons.

Xur changes every week but is always in the Tower. Right now he's in the far corner of that area around the Speaker, Eva Levante, and the New Monarchy dork.

darthbob

Feel bad for the reef. Every time I go there, it's empty.

During the HoW Twitch reveals I think someone asked DeeJ if the Reef would ever open up more, like maybe we'd get to see what's behind that big ass door.

Now? I highly doubt that anything else in the Reef will open up and the only reason anyone will go there is for ToO.

noomi

Anyone else feel like leveling armor takes way to long now?

Weapons with motes and telemtry are quick and easy, but armor pieces take a long time... not even bounty xp seems to do much.

Was the giantbomb King's Fall stream archived anywhere? Didn't get a chance to watch it but after finally getting a chance to play the raid last night blind, with another mostly blind group, I am obsessed with the raid. It was so fucking fun. We got hung up on daughters when people started to having to call it a night. Can't wait to get back in there and finish it off.

I'm missing a bunch of stuff as well. Eventually we will all get it... or not.

I think wicked and gunners are the only ones with a full set I know of at the moment. Lucky bastards!

Hah! I was thinking the same thing, not even Xur goes there anymore.
MS finished her set last night too.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is it weird that the only reason I want Taikonaut is so I can wear it in the raid, and when I get to the piston part, have it jettison me into the air while playing rocket man over my mic?

Weapons with motes and telemtry are quick and easy, but armor pieces take a long time... not even bounty xp seems to do much.

It definitely feels like it takes forever now. You aren't alone.

deoee

Vendor one is great. Depends what you want, really. Your void one looks like it has good PvP perks and the vendor one is great for PvE.

Edit: that's arc and I'm blind

I play both but most of the time I use snipers in PvE and I have not a clue whats supposed to be an ok perk or which ones actually suck

Mupod

Stormcaller finally clicked for me in PvP... That super with Impossible Machines is beastly once you get the hang of it, but it does take some skill to master. Jump above enemies, pop super, bathe in chaos.

It's amazing on certain maps. Thieves' Den more like Stormcallers' Den. Still need to beware shotguns/snipers and any other super will shut you down. I've been playing my Titan and it's like...why do I need to actually use my brain when I can just roll my eyes back in my head, mash buttons and hit the top of the scoreboard with hammertime.

E92 M3

It takes FOREVER!

Was the giantbomb King's Fall stream archived anywhere? Didn't get a chance to watch it but after finally getting a chance to play the raid last night blind, with another mostly blind group, I am obsessed with the raid. It was so fucking fun. We got hung up on daughters when people started to having to call it a night. Can't wait to get back in there and finish it off.

I believe it will be archived for premium soon.

Namikaze1

Well, I have a 310 exotic helmet and gloves to infuse onto the raid helmet and gloves when they drop. I'm keeping the 310 Ruin Wings though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Sort of.

It's very difficult to compare because armor comes with the major perk ready to go off the bat instead of having to be unlocked 4 perks down the line with XP and then purchased.

3rd strike 3rd coin and got Telesto. Didn't roll 310 unfortunately but oh well.

22 coins left however that's all the repeat strike and afkers I can deal with tonight.

Toa TAK

Banned
Best way to use them is to have the buff active at all time, really.
Each time you kill an enemy with a skull next to its name, check if the buff is gone or not (ie: if it was a real, proper ultra or not), and if so pop another one.

Yep, this.

Just pop one every time right after you've "consumed" one. That way you're always good to go for the next Ultra kill.

Cool, thanks guys.

deoee

Ok thanks guys.
As my weapons have the following perks:

Stillpiercer:
  • Radar Resolution
  • Magazine refund at precision kiills
and 1000YS
  • Kills regen health when critic wounded
  • better target aquisition

I think I'll look at the vendor weapons first.

Alterantive is : get a completely other weapon like the Patch-A ;D

They are my "go to" PVP exotic atm. I've had them since week 1 thanks to a 3oC. Wearing them in the Crucible allows me to use the first perk in the Hammer tree (the one that makes your hammers curve towards your targets and gives you a little bit of agility and recovery) since the Fists grant Explosive Pyre.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't change color with a shader. =/

yeah I sadly had to shift back to chatterwhite

Bradach

Yes!

I got the legendary sword from Shaxx today and I got that hunter hawk helm also. I used motes to fully levelled the sword and not even one bubble was full on the helmet!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has Valus Ta'Aurc been fixed regarding 3oC?

Edit: Is 30,000 damage to a boss a good amount? I'm wondering if this 6x Gunslinger is worth it. I haven't checked what numbers other supers give out.
It's entirely worth it but you need to build around it. Think Zhalo Supercell, Bad Juju, Gunfighter perk, eventually a high Int set

noomi

Yes!

I got the legendary sword from Shaxx today and I got that hunter hawk helm also. I used motes to fully levelled the sword and not even one bubble was full on the helmet!

Yup, this is what I've noticed as well.

Like Hawkian mentioned, at least on exotic armor the main perk is unlocked, but I've noticed the same with legendary gear... it is taking very long to fully upgrade these armor pieces.

Top Bottom