• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Immolation Fists and New Nighthawk get. Praxic Fire can wait. Couple engrams to hope for a 310.

Strange coins are scarce again. What a world.

Did they finish?

Also, in the archive mission when the console says 'Dr. Shin' is it referencing Malphur? Random I know.

Yup! They got some mad loot too. Brad managed to get an exotic arm engram from one of the bosses WITHOUT using 3oC, so that's possible

purg3

slept with Malkin
Did they finish?

Also, in the archive mission when the console says 'Dr. Shin' is it referencing Malphur? Random I know.

lol yeah, took almost 8 hours I believe. They had a couple of really close calls, but eventually they pulled it together. Major props to Jeff and crew for sticking with it that long.

Especially Jeff after the massive choke job when they had Oryx at a sliver. I actually felt pretty bad, but he went right back at it like a champ lol

maomaoIYP

Semi-blind King’s Fall Raid Reminder!

The raid will start at around 8 p.m CT (central time zone) today (11 hours from this post)!

Here are our candidates.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. legilimens.
5. churmom
6. Hawkian

Alt #1: kaiotheforsaken

If anyone would like to sign up as an alt in case something doesn’t work out please let me know and I can add you to the list! Our requirements are patience, friendliness, the ability to communicate (via mic) and at least a 285 light level! (preferably 290+)

Accepting at least 1 more person!

I can be standby, I'll be online then.
PSN feetiemaomao

Mupod

Immolation Fists and New Nighthawk get. Praxic Fire can wait. Couple engrams to hope for a 310.

those sneaky bastards had us burn them all on Draksis before we knew about the 310 decoding thing. I feel so empty inside now when I kill an ultra without the buff on.

Namikaze1

Only had 3 strike weapons drop so far: Imagen Loop, Treads Upon Stars, and the Taniks one. Of the three, I kept two. I dismantled Treads Upon Stars for the Warlock exclusive exotic. I had no other scout rifle on me.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is ffabin strategi any good?

Crowd control plus it's clip size makes it good in certain situations. There's some debate on Frontlines whether it actually works or not though. It was good enough that Datto used it as his primary to clear the raid the first time.

matmanx1

And of course Light will have no relevance on Iron Banner, right? Right?

I believe Light will matter in Iron Banner and I will be surprised if it doesn't. I'm just wondering how the scaling will go. If it's 2.5% per Light level (like PVE) then that will make a 280 Light person at a large disadvantage to a 300+ Light person. Obviously they will have to do something different and I believe that is why IB didn't happen this week.

I'm very curious to see how Bungie handles the new IB.

noomi

I'm afraid to spend my strange coins :(

I do really want a 310 helmet for my hunter though... decisions decisions....

Trojan

Just so I'm understanding this right:

I'm light lvl 294 and already have a 297 legendary chest piece for my warlock. The only reason I would buy Heart of Praxis Fire is to infuse it up to that level, correct? I know exotics used to have built in defense bumps but looks like those are gone since I last played.

Is it even worth it for me to buy this armor if I have to infuse it up and it could be a few points lower?

MrDaravon

"Oh awesome legendary gloves, my Warlock that I'm on has no legendary gloves yet!"

*decrypts into Immolation Fists which are rolled worse than the ones I bought from Xur an hour ago*

Anyone interested in some Heroic strikes?

I have to go run a super quick errand, if you're still looking in 20-30 minutes I'm down, I still need to do 3 more on my Warlock for Ikora's quest. I got a ridiculous amount of loot on the two strikes I just did with her, took her from like 285 to 294.

It takes longer to upgrade legendary guns than exotic ones because of the perks already unlocked. So, I imagine the same goes for armour. Still takes a ridiculous amount of time. Never used to take this long.

Only had 3 strike weapons drop so far: Imagen Loop, Treads Upon Stars, and the Taniks one. Of the three, I kept two. I dismantled Treads Upon Stars for the Warlock exclusive exotic. I had no other scout rifle on me.

you dismantled the best scout in game imo

Either do strikes and pop one every time. Cooldown should be short enough for it not to matter. Or if you just want a quick kill, I actually think Sardok in the Shrine of Oryx is the best option. You don't lose the checkpoint like I seem to always do with Draksis and the Gatelord.

I would argue the ultra that spawns in the first Taken King story mission is pretty damn easy and efficient

I believe Light will matter in Iron Banner and I will be surprised if it doesn't. I'm just wondering how the scaling will go. If it's 2.5% per Light level (like PVE) then that will make a 280 Light person at a large disadvantage to a 300+ Light person. Obviously they will have to do something different and I believe that is why IB didn't happen this week.

I'm very curious to see how Bungie handles the new IB.
In the previous Trials and Iron Banner I believe it was only about a 1% difference per level so I'd bet that 10 light points will only be 1% here too.

It takes longer to upgrade legendary guns than exotic ones because of the perks already unlocked. So, I imagine the same goes for armour. Still takes a ridiculous amount of time. Never used to take this long.

Yeah, armor takes a stupid amount of time to upgrade. Like, using the motes of light, in the same motes to completely level a weapon only unlocks one bubble in armor. It's stupid.

SkylineRKR

Armor used to be easy to upgrade and weapons were tedious, but its the other way around now.

Treads is a beast with good perks. Still my favorite gun right now, and mine doesn't even have that great of a roll.

I feel its better than Hung Jury.

I have Crowd Control, armor piercing and the cover fire perk on it. I wish it had firefly or something but its not a bad roll.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I feel its better than Hung Jury.

I have Crowd Control, armor piercing and the cover fire perk on it. I wish it had firefly or something but its not a bad roll.

Mine has Army of One and the useless Icarus. It's only saving grace is that it has Will of Light.

Deku Tree

I had 1,200 at the start of TTK. Went a little nuts during Xur's first visit....

Me2. Been making about 100 a week since TTK dropped just playing normally too, doing bounties etc. I now have 15 strange coins. No regrets.

Still missing Telesco and SuperCell... Ugh.

I would argue the ultra that spawns in the first Taken King story mission is pretty damn easy and efficient

Sardok is like level 12 or something and you don't have to skip cutscenes. Takes less than a minute. Just loaded the TTK mission now and it takes longer to load into the mission than it would have taken me to kill Sardok.

MrDaravon

Treads is probably better than Hung Jury with the right perks. I've found two but they had garbage perks both times sadly.

phen0m24

Xur's weekly visit has become
"How many 3oC can I afford?"

Fun to pop them when out on patrol killing taken bosses

Sullichin

Has anyone gotten an exotic item (without using 3oC) from a strike, heroic strike, or crucible match? As an actual in-game reward, as it used to happen rarely.

On the subject of things better than the HJ, which includes every non-mediocre gun, imo, I have a Crucible scout that has about 75 stability and 13 more impact. I don't have any idea why people want max stability in a scout. If I shoot mid to long range as fast as I can, the spread is basically nonexistent.

If you want a scout to clear adds, I think you should just go with whatever you get the best rolls on. If you want a scout to shoot bosses, stop what you are doing and switch to another gun.

I have to go run a super quick errand, if you're still looking in 20-30 minutes I'm down, I still need to do 3 more on my Warlock for Ikora's quest. I got a ridiculous amount of loot on the two strikes I just did with her, took her from like 285 to 294.

Cool. I'll be around.

Treads is probably better than Hung Jury with the right perks. I've found two but they had garbage perks both times sadly.

Yeah, I got one last night and it had a bad roll. I was sad because the base model looks exactly like VoC.

I really want a Does Not Bow. Taniks be stingy.

Top Bottom