• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

He means that Ramlocks used to be able to survive Golden Gun shots.

He means that you can survive Golden Gun shots. Definitely happens. Not always though, so I'm not sure if it's just real close either way depending on the Titan's Armor stat, or it's a lag thing or what.

Aah haha, thanks for clearing that up.

Hammer of Sol titans with Max armor can survive a shot from a GoldenGun with their super active.

Gotcha, thanks. I thought you were saying that Goldengun hunters have increased survivability.

LiK

I've been GG'd as a Sunbreaker quite often. Didn't check if the guy had a Nighthawk but they took me down quite a bit. it was infuriating cuz it was the same guy every time lol

PuMa

Yay! So my friends and I took down the king of the tooken last week so I feel like I can come back to this thread. :p

I missed you guys.

I've been making some very good/dumb decisions.

I infused my Hung Jury with my 310 Touch of Malice. Now I have a 310 Hung Jury. :D

Also, in my opinion, the Raid Scout Rifle is terrible. Confluence and Fang should be disappointed.

I actually like the raid Scout. It does a pretty good job for me.

The problem with the Sunbreaker is that their super takes the best out of every super out there and rolls it all into one. Heath regeneration from a Bladedancer, check. AoE range attack from a Voidwalker, check. Goldengun survivability from a Ramlock Sunsinger, check. Using multiple supers in one like a Gunslinger, check.

It's broken and needs to be addressed. There are counters for every super, except the Sunbreaker. The only counter is to run away.

As soon as I hear that hammer sound i'm out I just run in the other direction. glad to see im not the only one getting shots on sun breakers with a golden gun and they shake it off and one shot me with infinite hammers.

I just chalked it up to lag but it really does need nerfed give them 3 hammers or take away the armor.

So far for me, it's been mostly pulse rifles. I have been desperately trying to find a replacement for The Messenger. Right now my favorite is probably a SUROS PDX-41 that I got which dropped with Rodeo and Hand Laid Stock. The thing is solid. Fires like a laser.

OoOOOoOOOO! Random drop or bought from the Gunsmiff?

Also, finishing the 2nd to last part of the PVP questline gave me 500 rep with him. I will def be Rank 5 on Wens.

The problem with the Sunbreaker is that their super takes the best out of every super out there and rolls it all into one. Heath regeneration from a Bladedancer, check. AoE range attack from a Voidwalker, check. Goldengun survivability from a Ramlock Sunsinger, check. Using multiple supers in one like a Gunslinger, check.

It's broken and needs to be addressed. There are counters for every super, except the Sunbreaker. The only counter is to run away.

Whelp... there you go! ;P But seriously... sometimes it's smartest to do just that and rob him/her of any kills while in super. I know i do it as soon as i hear the hammer hitting the anvil.

noomi

As soon as I hear that hammer sound i'm out I just run in the other direction. glad to see im not the only one getting shots on sun breakers with a golden gun and they shake it off and one shot me with infinite hammers.

I just chalked it up to lag but it really does need nerfed give them 3 hammers or take away the armor.

Same here haha, if I hear a hammer I'm OUTTA THERE!

You'll have to catch me to kill me!

I actually like the raid Scout. It does a pretty good job for me.

I'm just super picky about the ADS stuff. To the point that I'll take a generally accepted inferior weapon if I feel like I like the sights more.

I'm a little miffed I can't get a Tlaloc on my Titan because that would be the perfect exotic for me.

Overall I'm not super thrilled with any exotic so far. They just don't stand out to me like they used to. I've got a 300 Truth and a 295 Thunderlord that I've been using primarily.

zewone

I'm just super picky about the ADS stuff. To the point that I'll take a generally accepted inferior weapon if I feel like I like the sights more.

I'm a little miffed I can't get a Tlaloc on my Titan because that would be the perfect exotic for me.

Overall I'm not super thrilled with any exotic so far. They just don't stand out to me like they used to. I've got a 300 Truth and a 295 Thunderlord that I've been using primarily.

Exotic swords are a lot better than I had imagined. They are the new Gjallahorn.

Also, I hope you plan on leveling up another ToM. It makes the raid a joke.

MrDaravon

My solution to Sunbreakers is to switch my main to Titan.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Yup, I'm pretty close to finally getting 5k Crucible kills with a Hunter (I don't play a ton of PvP) for that Grimoire, once I do switching over to Titan until they nerf it.

LTWood12

No but make sure to save up on legendary Engrams. Also, stock up on high blues to infuse. You'll be at 295 in no time.

I've done all of that. Once I hit 40, With the weapons/ghost from my main, a 310 Voidfang I decrypted over the weekend, and the engrams I have saved up i will easily be 293. Even have the marks saved up to buy armor if I absolutely have to.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Honestly I put the percentage of people who actively try to avoid my hammers of death at around 10%. Everyone else stands there and tries to shoot me like morons. I try to LOS hammers all the time and it helps a lot.

Exotic swords are a lot better than I had imagined. They are the new Gjallahorn.

Also, I hope you plan on leveling up another ToM. It makes the raid a joke.

I wasn't having any issues in the Raid to feel like ToM would have benefitted me in any way. We were stopping the Dox pretty quickly every time, and I was using my thunderlord during that part anyway.

I'll pull another one out from the blueprints eventually I'm sure, just no desire right now.

The swords are interesting, but I used my 310 Bolt-Caster to infuse my Truth after I realized I didn't need a sword anywhere in the raid.

I'm in the process of getting my Raze-Lighter now, though.

SkylineRKR

Yeah, there's a pretty bare array of possible strikes right now. I can't think of a good reason they removed the others from the rotation. Kinda miss Phogo and the Nexus and that other guy on Venus.

I think this is it:

Echo Chamber (PS4), Undying Mind, Cerberus Vae (rare), Dust Palace, SABRE, Alak Hul, Shadow Thief.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Someone make that Donald Duck meme where he comes out of the building (building titled trials of Osiris" and have it say "everything was sunbreakers" or "everything was hammers" lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
DGAF please no :(
4.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
It looks like bungie forum. No matter which "side" you take its never gonna be balanced. Bungie made sure of that.

Hammers make a loud ass sound when activated. I just run away just like I do when I hear the stormcaller crackle.

Either way we'll see how things work out in the next few weeks. I imagine the rage will get deafening after Iron Banner next week.

Busy day today when I get off:

PS4:
King's Fall Fresh Raid
3 Weekly Heroics
Gunsmith Bounties for Hunter
Daily PvP & PvE
2 wins on Mayhem Clash

XB1:
Daily PvP & PvE

I've done all of that. Once I hit 40, With the weapons/ghost from my main, a 310 Voidfang I decrypted over the weekend, and the engrams I have saved up i will easily be 293. Even have the marks saved up to buy armor if I absolutely have to.

What's killing me on my alt is my artifact. You come out of the story with a blue 200. I have a 296 Hunter donor artifact, but I need a purple Titan artifact. I have to run some C0O, but I just unlocked Dreadnaught patrol late last night.

Top Bottom