• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lee

Maybe your attitude is dismissive at best. The Sunbreaker is significantly more lethal than the BD and significantly harder to kill despite your attempts at equating and hedging.

I can golden gun a bladedancer. Titans shrug it off. That's my only real annoyance.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't have a horse in this race, and will just run SB in PvP. But you should really be honest with yourself and admit that just because the damage buff to the two classes may be close, the practical effects favor the SB by a whole lot. I have to save my super to play defensively just because the SB is broken? That's not any fun, and that's why I play the game...for fun.

It seems like most complain about the damage you take as a SB, which i dont see them fixing unless they nerf armor on titans or change the ability resist which gives it the lowest resist of the super which does that.

What they probably need to do is reduce the splash OHK and the chain explosion damage.

But if they nerf it too much it becomes a 2nd tier ability.

MrDaravon

So use a super to counter a super. BD with armor takes same amount of hits as a SB. Just be clever about it.

Whole topic is salty at best.

Except that as a Gunslinger half of the time or more a Golden Gun shot will NOT kill a Hanmmerbro; whether or not that's supposed to happen or if it's lag or whatever who can say. And if you're a hammerbro and you let a blade dancer get within melee range you're fucking up bad, and that's ignoring it's a solid 3 swipes with bladedancer to kill a hammerbro who can easily oneshot you at that point anyway unless you've just run out of hammers. As someone who thinks the PvP is largely garbage and all of the classes have broken shit it's super hilarious to see anyone defending SB in any way whatsoever. You have armor, mobility, multiple kill options (radius, homing, firepits), AoE and you can get 6 or 7 hammers off on one go and you oneshot anything that you even remotely hit. Come the fuck on dude.

Nerfing the Sunbreaker doesn't necessitate it being garbage. If you took the damage reduction down to BD level, it would still be superior to BD in every way. The line between top tier super and where Sunbreaker is now isn't as razor thin as people are making it out to be.

Impulsor

I just go around shadowshotting everything in pvp too. Sometimes the hammerbro gets me before even shooting the arrow, but If I do... I'm just happy knowing I annoyed them lol.

LTWood12

HOLY SHIT guys incredible stuff. So sad I missed the stream when it was happening.

Current best PvP class and 2nd best PvE class.

Titans are so whiny.

#notalltitans

------

Finally got a Zhalo Supercell last night. The game was intent on giving me Hawkmoon, Suros, and Monte Carlo for the last month.

Fired up the game on an alt for the first time since The Taken King launched. At what point is the raid accessible? Do I have to play through the entire story first? Once I hit level 40 my alt will immediately be around 294/5, so I was hoping to fit a KF run in tonight before reset.
I am Warlock

Current best PvP class and 2nd best PvE class.

Titans are so whiny.

We're not complaining now--only if we get nerfed without compensation.

A whole YEAR of saving fist of havoc for blade dancer super neutralization. A whole year of dealing with blinking voidwalkers and blade dancers.

Now yall mad thoooo

purg3

slept with Malkin

A whole YEAR of saving fist of havoc for blade dancer super neutralization. A whole year of dealing with blinking voidwalkers and blade dancers.

Now yall mad thoooo

So much this lol.

So hit level 40 but the only thing I can do aside from MP stuff is a few story mode stuff on hard and a couple strikes that I've already done a bunch of times.. Is that the only way to get better gear to do raids and such? Seems like a pita to solo that hard story stuff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So strikes are the best way to use 3oCs right now, yes?

Honestly I just drop down to do the eye of the gate lord boss every now and then when I remember it. I am so sick of doing the same strikes over and over and over, especially when randoms leave at the drop of a hat. I can't believe they removed so many old strikes from the rotation.

LiK

Word, guess I'll go streaking later and try to get some 310s.

yea, the Vanguard streak for legendaries is another bonus which I like.

Honestly I just drop down to do the eye of the gate lord boss every now and then when I remember it. I am so sick of doing the same strikes over and over and over, especially when randoms leave at the drop of a hat. I can't believe they removed so many old strikes from the rotation.

I'm always open to doing regular strikes.

Now yall mad thoooo

Do you even know what I main in PvP? Because it's neither of those.

SonComet

I'm not getting all the sun breaker hate in PVP. I am admittedly not the best at PVP but I get sniped out of my super very quickly against good players as a sun breaker. I was also dying in one golden gun shot every time last night in mayhem clash. Maybe they were using the celestial night hawk? I'm max armor and I don't feel like I'm tanking as much damage as people are saying I should. I felt just as strong using my blade dancer back in year 1. Against some teams my super destroys. Against others I die instantly.

Are Titans the only ones who think the hammer doesn't need a nerf? To me (only have a hunter) it feels like the hammer lasts for awhile, the extra armor is nuts and whenever a Titan pops it and they usually get like 5 kills easily.

How many hammers are they able to throw once they pop the super? And how is the range so damn good?

Was talking to a friend about it last night and he mentioned how hunters can just disable their special and just spec around that and yes, that's true...

But how does going into pvp with a spec centered around countering that one class make it balanced?

MrDaravon

I've complained about Bladedancers as much as anyone, so you're preaching to the wrong bitch.

Same. I usually played Bladedancer but that was more for Blink (Blinking around corners really fucks with people), I personally never had the crazy success with the class that most people did. Hammers needs to get nerfed, but Bladedancers and Stormcallers are also OP and should be adjusted IMO. No idea how they really do a lot of this though while also balancing it for PvE. Separate the modes pls bungie

JHall

Now yall mad thoooo

The problem with the Sunbreaker is that their super takes the best out of every super out there and rolls it all into one. Heath regeneration from a Bladedancer, check. AoE range attack from a Voidwalker, check. Goldengun survivability from a Ramlock Sunsinger, check. Using multiple supers in one like a Gunslinger, check.

It's broken and needs to be addressed. There are counters for every super, except the Sunbreaker. The only counter is to run away.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
All of you people who say hammers need a nerf just need to lern2play. If you hit me with two rockets, I will die just as easily as anyone else. Not sure what the problem is.

PuMa

I've complained about Bladedancers as much as anyone, so you're preaching to the wrong bitch.

5V83c4OVqmi5O.gif

The problem with the Sunbreaker is that their super takes the best out of every super out there and rolls it all into one. Heath regeneration from a Bladedancer, check. AoE range attack from a Voidwalker, check. Goldengun survivability from a Ramlock Sunsinger, check. Using multiple supers in one like a Gunslinger, check.

It's broken and needs to be addressed. There are counters for every super, except the Sunbreaker. The only counter is to run away.

wat?

noomi

Raid works really well actually. Got an exotic drop off the shade of Oryx over the weekend. I just pop a 3oC before each boss encounter throughout.

Got one off the shade as well, I seem to have the best luck in the raid.

Nighte

Also pretty stupid to qq now after finally titan getting something good for pvp. Being owned by hunter and warlock pressing iwin button for a year makes me not pity anyone atm tbh.

Crucible without supers on the other hand. That would be nice.

Yay! So my friends and I took down the king of the tooken last week so I feel like I can come back to this thread. :p

I missed you guys.

I've been making some very good/dumb decisions.

I infused my Hung Jury with my 310 Touch of Malice. Now I have a 310 Hung Jury. :D

Also, in my opinion, the Raid Scout Rifle is terrible. Confluence and Fang should be disappointed.

Yeah, there's a pretty bare array of possible strikes right now. I can't think of a good reason they removed the others from the rotation. Kinda miss Phogo and the Nexus and that other guy on Venus.

Top Bottom