• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

MrDaravon

Either way we'll see how things work out in the next few weeks. I imagine the rage will get deafening after Iron Banner next week.

Yup. No way Bungie isn't aware of the complaining but they can afford to ignore it for now (and I doubt they would have anything resembling a proper balancing ready anyway), but with IB and especially Trials coming up when we're gonna have super sweaty matches that actually matter now for gear drops the internet rage is going to be off the charts. I have zero intention of entering either of those modes without playing my Titan lol.

Titans cried about Hunters.

Hunters crying about Titans.

Warlocks getting ignored as usual.

Warlocks are in a fairly good spot. Honestly I think Stormcaller approaches the brokeness of SB right now, but no one is paying attention to it really because everyone's upset about SB. Stormcaller is ridiculous in how long it can last, it's mobility and damage, and the fact that if you're anywhere near a Stormcaller you can't see goddamn shit. I can be right up on a Stormcaller with the ability to kill them (Shotgun etc) but I can't see fucking anything on my screen to even aim at them.

LiK

Warlock have always been OP in PVP. Sunsinger armor with that ridiculous melee and Voidwalker with Nova Bombs. you almost become spoiled by all the perks they have. the only thing that sucks is their jumps.

tl;dr I believe the drop rate of the rare materials for the exotic sword farming quest is tied to the % of your ability kills completed. My guess is this guarantees to slow down this quest line at a average rate across all classes and planets. It seems to average about 1 rare mat drop per 10% ability kills.

I'm not sure I can agree with you. I did all three exotic swords. I did the 10 rare planetary materials first every time. I didn't do any ability kills before I completed spin metal and helium. I did 5% ability kills while farming relic.

It took me 40 minutes maximum for all three. To add to that my first spin metal node I picked up was a rare zeptocyte. And I also picked up two solution flares back to back once.

I think it's all just rng.

Jabronium

What exotic chest pieces are currently in the engram pool? Just Alpha Lupi for hunters and titans, anything for warlocks? If/when more pieces get added, will saved engrams have a chance to decrypt into them? Got two more chest engrams last night but I'm still sitting on them. The thought of more Alpha Lupi is making me nauseated.

stb

Any way to get significant amounts of Judgement rep other than PoE?

I'm 99% sure the answer is "no", but I really, really hate PoE, and I want the ships and shaders for the collection (and have the tokens I need for them).

LTWood12

What's killing me on my alt is my artifact. You come out of the story with a blue 200. I have a 296 Hunter donor artifact, but I need a purple Titan artifact. I have to run some C0O, but I just unlocked Dreadnaught patrol late last night.

Oh you're right I hadn't quite accounted for that. forgot I couldn't just buy a 280 one. Well hopefully one of these 29 blue/purple armor engrams turns into an artifact.

Namikaze1

These last few pages:

93TxhSF.gif

Yup. No way Bungie isn't aware of the complaining but they can afford to ignore it for now (and I doubt they would have anything resembling a proper balancing ready anyway), but with IB and especially Trials coming up when we're gonna have super sweaty matches that actually matter now for gear drops the internet rage is going to be off the charts. I have zero intention of entering either of those modes without playing my Titan lol.

Warlocks are in a fairly good spot. Honestly I think Stormcaller approaches the brokeness of SB right now, but no one is paying attention to it really because everyone's upset about SB. Stormcaller is ridiculous in how long it can last, it's mobility and damage, and the fact that if you're anywhere near a Stormcaller you can't see goddamn shit. I can be right up on a Stormcaller with the ability to kill them (Shotgun etc) but I can't see fucking anything on my screen to even aim at them.

This is because there's a perk that makes it last longer if activated with both melee and grenade full.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Anybody interested in running a few rounds of CoO? I need to get a specific combo of bosses, so will be resetting the fight when it doesn't pop. Hate doing that to randoms, so if you need to do the same we can do it together!

PSN = dorssom

LTWood12

I'm 99% sure the answer is "no", but I really, really hate PoE, and I want the ships and shaders for the collection (and have the tokens I need for them).

YOU FACE SKOLAS THE FALLEN KELL OF KELLS....

I'm not sure I can agree with you. I did all three exotic swords. I did the 10 rare planetary materials first every time. I didn't do any ability kills before I completed spin metal and helium. I did 5% ability kills while farming relic.

It took me 40 minutes maximum for all three. To add to that my first spin metal node I picked up was a rare zeptocyte. And I also picked up two solution flares back to back once.

I think it's all just rng.

Was waiting to hear other anecdotes. I only had two data points that seemingly coincided with getting fuck all for drops with no % and then lots of drops once I advanced the %.

I only have one more to go with the solar sword, and then I will get to purge this entire ordeal from my brain. The shittiest quest in Destiny to date, happens to be tied to three important weapons. Great job Bungie! Everyone loves farming runs with additional RNG shoved in and for some inexplicable reason, chests excluded as material node.

MrDaravon

I'm in the same boat, I only started playing on PS4 about 2 months before TTK came out so I didn't play nearly as much PoE as most folks so all of my characters are only like halfway or so to Rank 2 :/

This is because there's a perk that makes it last longer if activated with both melee and grenade full.

That's what I was talking about yes. Shit lasts forever, and it doesn't drain a chunk of super bar on kills like say Blade Dancer does.

Titans cried about Hunters.

Hunters crying about Titans.

Warlocks getting ignored as usual.

I'll keep my crying confined to the clan chat. 30% words, 70% water :)
Although nothing beats getting rekt by a Hammerbro after using GG, respawn and get another hammer to the face.

Trakan

do the DVALIN fusion rifles drop in the set order 001, 002, 003, 004? Also, is there a way to see which ones I turned in?

They do drop in a certain order according to reddit. All I can remember is that 004 is the third one you get, and 003 is the last one you get. I don't think there's a way to check which ones you turned in.

M.D

Has anyone done a frame rate test to Destiny as of the TTK release? I can't tell if I'm just too used to higher frame rates or what, but the game feels weird at times

JackHerer

Best way to find materials? Equip the appropriate Ghost to mark stuff then zoom in with a high powered sniper scope. All the resources within a huge radius will show up (like the whole area) when scoped in.

I didn't realize this until I scoped in with Hereafter and 5 or 6 nodes popped up in my HUD. Of course I figure that out after I only need one more Soliton flare...

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys just started playing Destiny 2 days ago. Having a good time.

Warlock 4 lyfe

After recently creating and maxing out a Warlock for the GlamLord achievement I must say that I´m really sorry for everybody who pickt him in year one without knowing better.

I´m also sorry for screaming at Warlocks for screwing up jumps - I did not know what you had to go through...

Titan Master race.

Lnkn52

Bungie Customer Service screwed me in getting this shirt for my BDAY. A month later and still no eta when I would have gotten it. GF canceled the order.

old_school_front.jpg

Is there a way to know "what date" you chose a faction?

I dropped my current faction and I can't pick up a new one, yet. I have no idea what date I picked them up!

Born2Live

Material farming for exotic sword completed in just under two hours.........I'm okay with this. Ghost and sniper combo made it a lot easier.

Ty

I'm not sure how much rep it gives, but the Taken War Petra quest line leads to a series of missions for Variks that award rep.

You can also dismantle tokens but the rep gains are minimal.

Is there a way to know "what date" you chose a faction?

I dropped my current faction and I can't pick up a new one, yet. I have no idea what date I picked them up!

Speaking of faction nonsense...there's no way I am ever going to get to rank 25 on each toon for all the exotic bonds, cloaks, and marks...

I am still doing DO on my main lock because I am missing the last shader and ship...I'm rank 26 and it's taking forever...I just want that ship!

D: Did they not even ship the thing and it got lost in transit?

Bungie Customer Service screwed me in getting this shirt for my BDAY. A month later and still no eta when I would have gotten it. GF canceled the order.

old_school_front.jpg

Don't worry Lnkn, they messed my order up as well. They sent me the 1.0 version (which I already had), and they told me this:

"Unfortunately all orders for Old School 2.0 are currently being held as there was a print error discovered when these shirts arrived at our fulfillment center. We didn't want to send out shirts that didn't meet the high standard we expect of our merchandise and hope this delay hasn't caused too much of a hassle on your end. We should have the shirts in hand soon and when we do we'll get your corrected order on the way as soon as we can."

Lnkn52

Don't worry Lnkn, they messed my order up as well. They sent me the 1.0 version (which I already had), and they told me this:

"Unfortunately all orders for Old School 2.0 are currently being held as there was a print error discovered when these shirts arrived at our fulfillment center. We didn't want to send out shirts that didn't meet the high standard we expect of our merchandise and hope this delay hasn't caused too much of a hassle on your end. We should have the shirts in hand soon and when we do we'll get your corrected order on the way as soon as we can."

Would have been nice to have gotten that email, but no. Oh well. I'll make my own Unofficial official shirts.

Speaking of faction nonsense...there's no way I am ever going to get to rank 25 on each toon for all the exotic bonds, cloaks, and marks...

I am still doing DO on my main lock because I am missing the last shader and ship...I'm rank 26 and it's taking forever...I just want that ship!

Yea rank 25 hurts me, a lot.

My main that got deleted was something along the lines of
20 DO
10 FWC
10 NM

When I heard about rank 25, a part of me died inside, again.

Would have been nice to have gotten that email, but no. Oh well. I'll make my own Unofficial official shirts.

As soon as I received my wrong t-shirt I sent customer service a message via their store website's online form. Then they sent that e-mail reply to me within the next business day.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The ghosts which loot engrams for materials fucking rock. Put ghost on and run a strike. End up with 30+ materials from one session. So much better than farming since you get engrams which could be high light value or legendary.

Top Bottom