• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Yea rank 25 hurts me, a lot.

My main that got deleted was something along the lines of
20 DO
10 FWC
10 NM

When I heard about rank 25, a part of me died inside, again.

Ugh. That hurts. Factions rank up so SLOWLY now and it's still RNG for the drops. I don't need the armor or the weapons either. My last package was the DO boots with sidearm ammo. I deleted them for marks.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They charged my GFs card with no track shipping. Said that they oversold and that they will let us know when they were back in stock. That was a month ago.

Jees. Most of the time i feel CS is like this
IncompleteShowyAldabratortoise.gif

Or it ends up like this
Customer-service-meme.jpg

Ugh. That hurts. Factions rank up so SLOWLY now and it's still RNG for the drops. I don't need the armor or the weapons either. My last package was the DO boots with sidearm ammo. I deleted them for marks.

Yea they do! I actually just found out 5 motes give 100 rep. Which is funny since NF now only gives like what, 20 rep for Vanguard and maybe like 5 rep for faction? Mote out!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The ghosts which loot engrams for materials fucking rock. Put ghost on and run a strike. End up with 30+ materials from one session. So much better than farming since you get engrams which could be high light value or legendary.

Didn't know such a thing even existed.

Sullichin

The ghosts which loot engrams for materials fucking rock. Put ghost on and run a strike. End up with 30+ materials from one session. So much better than farming since you get engrams which could be high light value or legendary.

How does this help in a strike, where you aren't farming materials?

You can keep your OP super but shit otherwise subclass. (PvP)

I'm really liking the overall package that Nightstalker brings. Very versatile.

Keen Scout + Shadestep >>>>>

The problem with the Sunbreaker is that their super takes the best out of every super out there and rolls it all into one. Heath regeneration from a Bladedancer, check. AoE range attack from a Voidwalker, check. Goldengun survivability from a Ramlock Sunsinger, check. Using multiple supers in one like a Gunslinger, check.

It's broken and needs to be addressed. There are counters for every super, except the Sunbreaker. The only counter is to run away.

Nightstalker

Daemul

Disclaimer:I'm a Hunter

I don't know, maybe it's because I usually just stick to 3v3 sweats these days due to TTK 6v6 pubs being a cancer, but I'm struggling to see how the Sunbreaker is overpowered, yeah it has a powerful super, but it's neutral game is hella average. It has the shitty T-rex Titan melee, average grenades, though Incendiary is decent if you can get a direct hit, no Shoulder charge so it's mobility is limited and more than half of it's passive perks are only useful if it has it's super, it's a very unremarkable class.

Imagine Bungie finally get around to finally giving us that no super PvP mode we've been asking for, every Titan player would be running Striker because Sunbreaker would be utterly useless. This is why Bungie has to be careful with the nerf(yes, there will be a nerf because the outcry is deafening at this point), because just nerfing the super into the ground would render the class unusable in PvP, they may need to add better passive perks to the classes skill tree to balance it out.

All of the unique items are super rare. Grinding it out is the way to do it if you want them though.

I got Theosyion Vibrissae (Echo Chamber), Mark of the Undying Mind (Undying Mind) and Cloak of Taniks (The Shadow Thief) in 3 strikes back to back, and then Darkblade's Spite 2 strikes later. This was all in Heroic strikes.

The ghost perk gives you a chance to get a material when you pick up engrams, its tied to the planet you're on, so you can get Spirit Blooms when looting engrams on Venus etc.

It is actually tied to the material, but I guess that's the same thing.

On my Kingslayer Shell ghost it says:

Wormspore Extractor - Chance to find additional wormspore when looting engrams on Oryx's Dreadnaught

which goes beautifully with the raid

Trakan

I got Theosyion Vibrissae (Echo Chamber), Mark of the Undying Mind (Undying Mind) and Cloak of Taniks (The Shadow Thief) in 3 strikes back to back, and then Darkblade's Spite 2 strikes later. This was all in Heroic strikes.

From what I've read, heroic doesn't make a difference. Your luck is insane though.

Shito

I'm starting to think they appear more frequently in heroic... I'm at 2 of them out of 5 heroic strikes ran...

PuMa

Jesus. I've done a ton of strikes and haven't seen a single strike item.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So how rare of a drop is the Darkblade helm? With grinding 3oC on the sunless cell strike on the director?

The strike exclusive drops are super rare apparently. I got mine to drop doing the exotic sword version of that strike. 3oC doesn't effect the drop chance of strike exclusive gear, just have to grind it out until it drops basically.

commish

You can keep your OP super but shit otherwise subclass. (PvP)

I'm really liking the overall package that Nightstalker brings. Very versatile.

Keen Scout + Shadestep >>>>>

I found a 310 graviton forfeit helmet and boy is it fun to just roll around all over the place.

I don't know, maybe it's because I usually just stick to 3v3 sweats these days due to TTK 6v6 pubs being a cancer, but I'm struggling to see how the Sunbreaker is overpowered, yeah it has a powerful super, but it's neutral game is hella average. It has the shitty T-rex Titan melee, average grenades, though Incendiary is decent if you can get a direct hit, no Shoulder charge so it's mobility is limited and more than half of it's passive perks are only useful if it has it's super, it's a very unremarkable class.

Imagine Bungie finally get around to finally giving us that no super PvP mode we've been asking for, every Titan player would be running Striker because Sunbreaker would be utterly useless. This is why Bungie has to be careful with the nerf(yes, there will be a nerf because the outcry is deafening at this point), because just nerfing the super into the ground would render the class unusable in PvP, they may need to add better passive perks to the classes skill tree to balance it out.

That's what I dislike about gaming now of days whenever something is good people cry nerf, nerf, nerf. Look at how many guns got nerfed since the original pvp in destiny. I rarely play my Titan in pvp, when I hear that hammer pop I run lol. I don't mind things being powerful, I'd rather figuring out a way to fight them. Maybe it's because I'm an old school gamer where nothing could get patched unless a completely new version of said game was released.

Are any of you guys big fans of Black Fridays? It just feel like guilt free spending before Christmas (why wait until Christmas you can enjoy your toys now).

I'm looking at some new eadphones (400+), and a sony tablet for remote play (400+). I hope Sony does black Friday sells.

Also some J Crew and UnderArmor stuff and stuff for my kitchen.

Shito

That's what I dislike about gaming now of days whenever something is good people cry nerf, nerf, nerf. Look at how many guns got nerfed since the original pvp in destiny. I rarely play my Titan in pvp, when I hear that hammer pop I run lol. I don't mind things being powerful, I'd rather figuring out a way to fight them. Maybe it's because I'm an old school gamer where nothing could get patched unless a completely new version of said game was released.
It's hard to argue this super is not a bit broken, though, when you list all the advantages it has and come to the conclusion that the best counter to it is just to run away.
Even the bladedancer bullshit could be shotgun'ed.

I would be fine with Bungie just removing the super armor it has.

Jesus. I've done a ton of strikes and haven't seen a single strike item.

Same here! I practically lived in the lvl 36 strike playlist the last 4 days trying to get the strike gear... only the Mark of the Undying Mind. :/ Seriously... dozen or so hours...

I found a 310 graviton forfeit helmet and boy is it fun to just roll around all over the place.

i got one 310 graviton forfeit too and a 310 celestial nighthawk, but since the nightstalker is a more versatile subclass i am sad to declare that ill never use the hawk again probably

This guy gets it. Titans have 20 seconds of OP time to play around with, ~3x a match. The rest of the time they have:

-meh grenades
-bad melee
-average exotic armor
-meh skill tree

commish

so the darkblade helm is supposed to be good? it dropped for me 2 weeks ago and i just kept it because it looked cool

Not sure about being "good" or not, but I think ppl want it because it looks cool. Every time I wear mine someone always comments on it. It's mostly vaulted now because I have the raid helmet.

i got one 310 graviton forfeit too and a 310 celestial nighthawk, but since the nightstalker is a more versatile subclass i am sad to declare that ill never use the hawk again probably

Gunslinger isn't that fun imo.

Shito

This guy gets it. Titans have 20 seconds of OP time to play around with, ~3x a match. The rest of the time they have:

-meh grenades
-bad melee
-average exotic armor
-meh skill tree
It's probably because I'm a bit of a bad PVP player, but most of my kills come from my guns, not my melee nor my grenades.
A titan with Red Death, a bullshit shotgun and a tracking rocket launcher will still kill other people fine, bad melee and meh grenades or not. ^^

Trakan

I could not agree more.

Dave_6

Same here! I practically lived in the lvl 36 strike playlist the last 4 days trying to get the strike gear... only the Mark of the Undying Mind. :/ Seriously... dozen or so hours...

I've ran the Taniks strike like 30 times over the weekend and still no cloak :( I did get the solar cloak from the Dust Palace though; the only piece of strike gear I've gotten so far.

zewone

This game has the worst matchmaking.

I always get matched up with trash-tier teammates.

kRwpSZo.jpg

After the match I left and got partnered with them again.

Lost again, I left again and got stuck with them a 3rd time.

The 4th time I just quit and played a different playlist.

Terrible.

Top Bottom