• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

RemiLP

Its fun to Finaly be on the "OP" side of the pvp debate. After a year of no range melee/no blink and a super thats only good for countering other supers, its nice to finaly atleast have a super thats best.

I've ran the Taniks strike like 30 times over the weekend and still no cloak :( I did get the solar cloak from the Dust Palace though; the only piece of strike gear I've gotten so far.

I was doing the same thing. At this point, I'm starting to get tired of those strikes, and I'm over trying to get those drops. I'm sure I could randomly get them through Legendary Engrams, but I have better ways to spend my Marks.

I picked up TKK the other day. I beat story in original destiny when it came out and noticed in abandoned quests it's showing a bunch of quests from story mode I've already completed. Why is that?

darthbob

Its fun to Finaly be on the "OP" side of the pvp debate. After a year of no range melee/no blink and a super thats only good for countering other supers, its nice to finaly atleast have a super thats best.

Whenever I see someone complain about Hammers.

vc5sq9I.gif

This game has the worst matchmaking.

I always get matched up with trash-tier teammates.

kRwpSZo.jpg

After the match I left and got partnered with them again.

Lost again, I left again and got stuck with them a 3rd time.

The 4th time I just quit and played a different playlist.

Terrible.

Matchmaking with randoms seems worse than ever. I've noticed this trend as well. If you're an above average player you get put on teams with people who are not...because...balance?

LTWood12

This is why I have like 1000 wormspore. Too much Court.

Lt are you raiding tonight then? I was going to finish my titans quest to get ToM but could raid on my hunter

That's my intent yes. T-44 wants to do it too, but he can't be on until around 10 eastern. I was hoping to start around 9:30, so I figure we could do the opening section and he could join at totems.

I need to have good luck w/ these 29 engrams though. I'm assuming I should hit 290 no problem, but RNG may have other plans. Maybe I should go ahead and buy a couple of 280 armor pieces before decrypting any of it.

zewone

Disclaimer:I'm a Hunter

I don't know, maybe it's because I usually just stick to 3v3 sweats these days due to TTK 6v6 pubs being a cancer, but I'm struggling to see how the Sunbreaker is overpowered, yeah it has a powerful super, but it's neutral game is hella average. It has the shitty T-rex Titan melee, average grenades, though Incendiary is decent if you can get a direct hit, no Shoulder charge so it's mobility is limited and more than half of it's passive perks are only useful if it has it's super, it's a very unremarkable class.

Imagine Bungie finally get around to finally giving us that no super PvP mode we've been asking for, every Titan player would be running Striker because Sunbreaker would be utterly useless. This is why Bungie has to be careful with the nerf(yes, there will be a nerf because the outcry is deafening at this point), because just nerfing the super into the ground would render the class unusable in PvP, they may need to add better passive perks to the classes skill tree to balance it out.
Sunbreakers grenades are fine. Titans can skate.

Melee can be lackluster, but who cares? You're going to be using your gun 99% of the time between supers and the guns handle the same regardless of class (besides Gunslinger).

Nerfing the super even by a 10% shield reduction would not make it useless.

Dave_6

I was doing the same thing. At this point, I'm starting to get tired of those strikes, and I'm over trying to get those drops. I'm sure I could randomly get them through Legendary Engrams, but I have better ways to spend my Marks.

Nah you can only get them as drops at the end of the strike.

Namikaze1

It's just so hilarious to see so many people getting their panties in a twist over a damn super that lasts for 10-15 seconds. How the tables have turned...

Strider

This game has the worst matchmaking.

I always get matched up with trash-tier teammates.

I dont want actual skill based matchmaking (keep it for competitive modes like trials but for standard crucible connection needs to be only priority IMO) but they seriously need to adjust how they balance the teams in a match.

Right now MM basically takes the highest rated player in the lobby and shoves all the lowest rated players on their team.

What happens is the enemy team just destroys your teammates and leaves you to fight outnumbered or get crushed by an endless super train. It's awful. Even when you manage a great game you're still most likely going to lose.

There was a reddit thread that got a decent amount of attention on the subject

Sullichin

People trying to compared BD to SB in PVP is hilarious.

You can't do this to a SB.

jqzAhuG.gif

Trash-tier balancing.

Yeah you used to be able to fuck up bladedancers if you were good enough with TLW. You aren't gonna kill a sunbreaker unless someone on your team is helping you pretty much.

Got another 1000yd stare from Rahool with hidden hand, casket mag, and guerilla warfare. Casket mag gives me 5 instead of 4 ammo in the chamber with a slight hit to stability, but I'll take it. I also got shortgaze and ambush, think I may go with ambush since it bumps up my stability a bit.

I may retire the 1000yd I got from the quest reward for this one.

Shito

It's just so hilarious to see so many people getting their panties in a twist over a damn super that lasts for 10-15 seconds. How the tables have turned...
I don't really care, I play all classes, so if I want I can be on the good side of the OPness... ^^
It's just that I find it a bit dishonnest to argue it's not, if only a bit, broken, that is all.
You can perfectly say something is too strong and use it knowingly, and I don't think it's a "bad thing" to be talking about balance and how some things should be buffed while other may need a few nerfs, but that's probably my fighting games background talking there...

R0ckman

Nightstalker

Lol its not OP, just because it neutralizes supers (as it should) doesn't mean it doesn't have weaknesses. For one you can shoot the tether orb to destroy it faster.

Sunbreakers can still die in one hit from golden gun, depending on the sniper can go down in two head shots etc. Why are people complaining about this ****? The point of the super is to tip the scales not make the foe immediately be able to think of a direct counter measure to kill them.

To be honest the exotic swords over power tons of the supers. With Dark Drinker I've been taking out and surving almost all gaurdian supers. It seems that not a lot of people have the exotic swords in pvp though.

I've ran the Taniks strike like 30 times over the weekend and still no cloak :( I did get the solar cloak from the Dust Palace though; the only piece of strike gear I've gotten so far.

Yeah same with me and Shadow Thief in search of Does not Bow... i'll never get it at this rate :(

People trying to compared BD to SB in PVP is hilarious.

You can't do this to a SB.

jqzAhuG.gif

Trash-tier balancing.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

I've been 1HKO by a sniper with my hammer out plenty of times.

(For the record, I think the Hammer is unbalanced, but if you're going to build an argument against it, do it right)

I don't care what your other skill tree/available gear/etc is. That's besides the point, imo. Compare apples to apples. We're talking about Sunbreaker Super vs the rest of the supers. As much as I love it for PvE, for PvP, you shouldn't have extra armor when you're sunbreakin'. You shouldn't be allowed to survive a GG shot OR a snipe to the head from a 1000 yard stare.

zewone

Yeah you used to be able to fuck up bladedancers if you were good enough with TLW. You aren't gonna kill a sunbreaker unless someone on your team is helping you pretty much.

Yep.

A BD is also melee range (besides the easy to dodge projectile that is slow to fire).

In that GIF, a SB breaker would have just lobbed unlimited hammers are me. I wouldn't even have a chance to line up a shot. And if I did line up the shot, he'd still survive.

It's a joke.

Kyoufu

Sunbreaker is balanced to me.

All year long we've been at the bottom of the barrel.

Now we're at the top, overflowing with awesomeness.

realcZk

is it the sunbreakers or the lag? hard to tell these days

regardless of what supers are "op" or not, id still enjoy a pvp mode without supers but im sure many woudlnt

Kyne

yeah, the armor on SB is a little broken.. so was Thorn though, and look how fast they patched that..

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Now you just need to worry about 33% (ish) of the playerbase instead of 99% with Thorn. There will always be SOMETHING that's broken. Let the dino-armed ones have their turn in the sun.

zewone

(For the record, I think the Hammer is unbalanced, but if you're going to build an argument against it, do it right)

It's well documented that Sunbreakers can survive high impact sniper headshots and GG shots.

If you died from a sniper shot, you didn't have full armor or health.

Blade dancers didnt even require aiming lol. you just spammed the right trigger and you'd warp up and cut down people who were triple jumping and then get all your health back with hungering blade

at least people have to actually aim with hammer. I successfully got away from a hammer chasing me to complete my mark of the unbroken run--could feel the heat on my ankles but i got away

blade dancer? its a wrap

Shito

is it the sunbreakers or the lag? hard to tell these days

regardless of what supers are "op" or not, id still enjoy a pvp mode without supers but im sure many woudlnt
On the contrary, I'm sure many would!
There's already a mode with nearly unlimited super, so why not one without any super at all...

Unless it was Black Spindle, Efrideets Spear or Icebreaker, no you weren't.

deoee

Hammertime it up!

Fuck your hammers! I only got little knifes, piss-shooting pistols or an bow with gelatine-arrows.

Worth shit against lagging and shotgunning people.

ARGH

Most of the time my kills with supers don't even count!

I get my super, equip da shit, kill 4people, get killed and TADA -1% on the quest.
GREAT

EL CUCO

You must've been weak. One Snipe to the dome from 1000 yard stare procs a crit of 188, leaving you 1 shot.

https://youtu.be/SEAPbAvhyboIf I knew how to make a Gif on mobile, I wouldn't be posting the dang vid so much. Sorry :(

Anyone want to join in for some heroic strikes? Need to grind out 5 on my alt for that quest. Maybe you'll get some strike exclusive gear if you join me!

Blade dancers didnt even require aiming lol. you just spammed the right trigger and you'd warp up and cut down people who were triple jumping and then get all your health back with hungering blade

at least people have to actually aim with hammer. I successfully got away from a hammer chasing me to complete my mark of the unbroken run--could feel the heat on my ankles but i got away

blade dancer? its a wrap

getting away 1 time = sunbreakers not OP confirmed?

I've gotten away from every type of special at least once, but it doesn't mean anything in terms of which is broken.

I've sniped many bladedancers in the dome. Sunbreakers, nope! It takes 2 snipes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What quest is it that you get to choose from 3 legendary 300 artifacts? I did it on my Titan but can't find it for my Warlock. All I remember it involved Eris.

So you are for some reason not running max armor in pvp. Sunbreakers can and do tank max impact sniper shots. Its complete bullshit. If you can make that shot you deserve to shut down his super.

Top Bottom