• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

What quest is it that you get to choose from 3 legendary 300 artifacts? I did it on my Titan but can't find it for my Warlock. All I remember it involved Eris.

It's the end of the Taken War stuff isn't it?

Like, the one where she wants you to do the Taken War stuff for all 3 vanguard members?

zewone

You must've been weak. One Snipe to the dome from 1000 yard stare procs a crit of 188, leaving you 1 shot.

https://youtu.be/SEAPbAvhyboIf I knew how to make a Gif on mobile, I wouldn't be posting the dang vid so much. Sorry :(

aVnbuP5.gif

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

I've been 1HKO by a sniper with my hammer out plenty of times.

(For the record, I think the Hammer is unbalanced, but if you're going to build an argument against it, do it right)

You probably haven't, honestly. Certainly not at full health. I've popped people in the brain temple while they were supering with SB just to have them hammer nuke me. The hammer isn't a problem, it's just the health.

And people complaining about Titans pre-TTK are wrong. The Defender class has always been a must for PVE (admittedly garbage in PVP though) and the Striker was just as good in PVP except it required better positioning with the grenades and knowledge of how to take advantage of the skip boost. The argument that Sunbreakers have "meh" abilities is pretty bad as well. Fusion Grenades are a one-shot, Stoke the Forge almost guarantees having a melee charge, etc.

Kyoufu

getting away 1 time = sunbreakers not OP confirmed?

I've gotten away from every type of special at least once, but it doesn't mean anything in terms of which is broken.

I've sniped many bladedancers in the dome. Sunbreakers, nope! It takes 2 snipes.

Good. It's about time something could stand up to a sniper rifle anyway.

Snipers are the real OP thing in Destiny.

SkylineRKR

The Argonach Rune Ultra gave me an exotic, but I don't remember using 3oC? Though I might have popped one before logging off yesterday.

Also got 2 legendaries out of chest (one sublime). Pretty good rewards, though charging is fixed per day (or does reset trick work?).

What quest is it that you get to choose from 3 legendary 300 artifacts? I did it on my Titan but can't find it for my Warlock. All I remember it involved Eris.
It's the CoO quest from Eris. Just participate in a CoO (any tier) and then go talk to her for it to pop up.

Random thought, but it kinda seems like the titan armor when it supers make sense. Destiny does a god awful job of differentiating between classes, but a titan kinda screams tank. Now, maybe they should decrease the hammer damage by a bit instead of the armor for SB?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You probably haven't, honestly. Certainly not at full health. I've popped people in the brain temple while they were supering with SB just to have them hammer nuke me. The hammer isn't a problem, it's just the health.

And people complaining about Titans pre-TTK are wrong. The Defender class has always been a must for PVE and the Striker was just as good in PVP except it required better positioning with the grenades and knowledge of how to take advantage of the skip boost.
So you're saying pre-TTK pvp
Ramlock sunsingers = strikers?
Blinking blade dancers = strikers?

zewone

The gif though.

The Titan throws the hammer from behind cover and the homing curves it towards Cuco to AOE explode.

I thought they nerfed the RAM, but instead they transferred the powers over to the Sunbreaker hahaha.

I think the majority of people think sunbreakers are way too OP in PvP, so anyone saying otherwise is in the extreme minority.

1) You should choose between extra armor versus longer lasting hammers. Either be able to survive that stuff and only throw 2 hammers. Or You can throw 4-5 hammers but your armor is regular.
2) If you get headshotted with a sniper or GG, your super should run out.

Just something along those lines. I'm not very good at offering the best solutions yet since I haven't played them all TOO much for PvP.

Sane_Man

You have to go do court of oryx. After you run one she gives you the quest. But the quest marker often glitches so you don't always see the icon over her head. Just try talking to her in the tower after you've done one CoO and see if she has the quest.

EL CUCO

I've been using the Sunbreaker Titan often, and I've never been sniped out of my super.

It's also the only class I feel safe in during Mayhem. It's such a joke lol

I think I've died only a few times to a nova bomb or corner camping striker Titan.

Shito

So, since some people in here seem to enjoy OP thing and have a fear of the word "nerf" being pronounced, I hereby officially change my stance and demand the SB super armor to be applied to the Nightstalker super, allowing the same time as them to shoot my 3 arrows.

Good. It's about time something could stand up to a sniper rifle anyway.

Snipers are the real OP thing in Destiny.
Yeah, homing projectiles OHKO-ing people with an AoE should totally beat a difficult headshot with a scope severely limiting your field of view. ^^

[EDIT]
1) You should choose between extra armor versus longer lasting hammers. Either be able to survive that stuff and only throw 2 hammers. Or You can throw 4-5 hammers but your armor is regular
Loving that idea.

LiK

I've been using the Sunbreaker Titan often, and I've never been sniped out of my super.

I think I've died only a few times to a nova bomb or corner camping striker Titan.

it feels great.

Lol its not OP, just because it neutralizes supers (as it should) doesn't mean it doesn't have weaknesses. For one you can shoot the tether orb to destroy it faster.

Sunbreakers can still die in one hit from golden gun, depending on the sniper can go down in two head shots etc. Why are people complaining about this ****? The point of the super is to tip the scales not make the foe immediately be able to think of a direct counter measure to kill them.

To be honest the exotic swords over power tons of the supers. With Dark Drinker I've been taking out and surving almost all gaurdian supers. It seems that not a lot of people have the exotic swords in pvp though.

That's cool. Please help push the movement to give GG unrestricted shots, a slower super drain, health regen, and 55% damage reduction. Thank you for your support!

Weird... i was sniped out of my SB super twice in the same match yesterday. Really not that big of a deal to do at least in my limited experience. Though who knows.

Kyoufu

Yeah, homing projectiles OHKO-ing people with an AoE should totally beat a difficult headshot with a scope severely limiting your field of view. ^^

Kappa.

Seriously though, Snipers are too strong IMO. Aim assist out of the ass, OHKO headshots. Trials is no fun for non-snipers! :(

So you're saying pre-TTK pvp
Ramlock sunsingers = strikers?
Blinking blade dancers = strikers?

Never had an issue with either. Ramlock was mostly an issue for Thorn users and I never let Bladedancers get close enough since I generally played Mid/Long with Hawkmoon and Her Benevolence while using the Lightning Grenades to block chokepoints or hit enemies behind cover. That combined with being able to beat people to the best spots on each map and the inherent armor advantage made Titan pretty damn good for Trials (which is what I'm comparing all the classes in, I suppose I should say.)

Now, I understand the inherent power of both classes are higher. Don't get me wrong. But, you might note, they were both nerfed.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
^^^you must be a beast with the Titan then, because strikers were an outlier in trials. You had to be very good to compete with a Titan against ramlocks and bladdancers.

Sorry rock man but sunbreakers CAN take a GG shot.

Hey guys. Have to try and call upon the friendliness and expertise of DGAF for my first Oryx kill. Despite trying every week since the raid launched, I have still to get my first Oryx kill. Always seemed to end up in shitty LFG groups :(. Spent all of this weekend getting through the checkpoints with various groups, but could never get past Oryx (combination of poor advice and teammates with underpowered gear). I really want to have this part completed before reset, so my wasted weekend won't feel so wasted.
A slight negative is that my mic has given up the ghost (got a new set of Sony Golds on their way right now), but I will be able to listen and I am very familiar with the strat.
So, does anyone have a space for a 6th member in about 2-3 hours from this post? I have the Oryx cp if it's needed. Help me DGAF!

Shito

Kappa.

Seriously though, Snipers are too strong IMO. Aim assist out of the ass, OHKO headshots. Trials is no fun for non-snipers! :(
While I may agree with you, any argument defending the SB super on the basis of "well, look at that other thing that is/was broken as well" is still kinda weak. :)

It's hard to argue this super is not a bit broken, though, when you list all the advantages it has and come to the conclusion that the best counter to it is just to run away.
Even the bladedancer bullshit could be shotgun'ed.

I would be fine with Bungie just removing the super armor it has in PvP.

ftfy :D

I don't think they should do much to SB, just give it the same damage mitigation as the other armored roaming supers. Even then it'd still be OP but at least good play could shut one down quick. It has the same or better kill potential than golden gun with freaking armor plus this game has tunnels out the ass plus you can hover with hammers and throw them. It's straight up better than supposedly the best super easily.

Kyoufu

While I may agree with you, any argument defending the SB super on the basis of "well, look at that other thing that is/was broken as well" is still kinda weak. :)

I'm not defending Sunbreaker. I don't even play Sunbreaker in PVP because it's all about Stormcaller. Hold R1 and chain lightning everything down in front of you in seconds.

Warlock, the true OP class.

zewone

I'm not defending Sunbreaker. I don't even play Sunbreaker in PVP because it's all about Stormcaller. Hold R1 and chain lightning everything down in front of you in seconds.

Warlock, the true OP class.

Started playing Sunbreaker last night.

I can survive Stormcallers super. I laugh as he zaps me, then when I grow bored of his antics, I pop him with a hammer and go on to kill the next warlock.

It's ridiculous.

Going to play Titan until the nerf comes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No one likes blade dancers so I don't see what the problem is with them getting 1-shot?

R0ckman

That's cool. Please help push the movement to give GG unrestricted shots, a slower super drain, health regen, and 55% damage reduction. Thank you for your support!

I would understand if GG used their super first and died to a breaker who triggered his after the fact, but you really shouldn't have a chance to do much but avoid and reposition when faced with a super user. You shouldn't have immediate counters, I don't understand why people want this.

Mindlog

yeah, the armor on SB is a little broken.. so was Thorn though, and look how fast they patched that..

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Now you just need to worry about 33% (ish) of the playerbase instead of 99% with Thorn. There will always be SOMETHING that's broken. Let the dino-armed ones have their turn in the sun.
Pretty sure that stat will get blown out by the time we get a patch. We'll probably see Defender play fall off a cliff even though they got a buff.
There will be some weekly update with stats and everyone that's been playing will chuckle because of the obviousness of it all.

Then again Bladedancers still have Quick Draw.
Then again if Astrocyte Verse released with its ridiculous perks then maybe it's worth giving up Quick Draw finally. (This is the worst idea for an exotic yet.)

Wait I have to pick a side! I'm either for Titan Nerfs or for Warlock buffs or something. Salt™.
It's the end of the Taken War stuff isn't it?

Like, the one where she wants you to do the Taken War stuff for all 3 vanguard members?
300 Artifact comes for Court of Oryx quest.

Taken Wars quest leads to the 310 artifact.

For new page!

Hey guys. Have to try and call upon the friendliness and expertise of DGAF for my first Oryx kill. Despite trying every week since the raid launched, I have still to get my first Oryx kill. Always seemed to end up in shitty LFG groups :(. Spent all of this weekend getting through the checkpoints with various groups, but could never get past Oryx (combination of poor advice and teammates with underpowered gear). I really want to have this part completed before reset, so my wasted weekend won't feel so wasted.
A slight negative is that my mic has given up the ghost (got a new set of Sony Golds on their way right now), but I will be able to listen and I am very familiar with the strat.
So, does anyone have a space for a 6th member in about 2-3 hours from this post? I have the Oryx cp if it's needed. Help me DGAF!

Shito

I would understand if GG used their super first and died to a breaker who triggered his after the fact, but you really shouldn't have a chance to do much but avoid and reposition when faced with a super user. You should have immediate counters, I don't understand why people want this.
It's not so much wanting an immediate counter as just a slim chance to survive.
I've survived BD charging at me with their supers at times, shotgun or heavy is not a consistent counter to this but I know I can sometimes pull it off.
SB is just "ok I'm going to run away", and that is not fun at all, neither for me nor for the titan...

Top Bottom