• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Palmer_v1

What's the fastest way to level up a subclass after you've completed all questlines, and already do the non-crucible daily stuff?

Should I just be running strikes indefinitely?

Hey guys. Have to try and call upon the friendliness and expertise of DGAF for my first Oryx kill. Despite trying every week since the raid launched, I have still to get my first Oryx kill. Always seemed to end up in shitty LFG groups :(. Spent all of this weekend getting through the checkpoints with various groups, but could never get past Oryx (combination of poor advice and teammates with underpowered gear). I really want to have this part completed before reset, so my wasted weekend won't feel so wasted.
A slight negative is that my mic has given up the ghost (got a new set of Sony Golds on their way right now), but I will be able to listen and I am very familiar with the strat.
So, does anyone have a space for a 6th member in about 2-3 hours from this post? I have the Oryx cp if it's needed. Help me DGAF!
I can help out..however there is a catch as much as I really hate to say this, I will be on a time limit. Currently been busy stressing out studying for a exam tomorrow.
fuck grad school
So I can only spare an hour max. But on the bright side, if there is a group of experiences people, it should take maybe 20ish mins at max.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What's the fastest way to level up a subclass after you've completed all questlines, and already do the non-crucible daily stuff?

If you have any of those redbull codes left, stock a full list of completed bounties and turn them in with the buff. Outside of that, just playing the game, yeah.

I can help out..however there is a catch as much as I really hate to say this, I will be on a time limit. Currently been busy stressing out studying for a exam tomorrow.
fuck grad school
So I can only spare an hour max. But on the bright side, if there is a group of experiences people, it should take maybe 20ish mins at max.
I would appreciate any time you had to spare. Thanks

Everyone crying like a bitch about Sunbreakers. It's gonna get nerfed and ruined for everyone who's enjoying it.

I'm guessing it's all the butt-hurt blade dancers who went from pvp kings to pvp scrubs.

I've been enjoying my Stormcaller and I'm looking forward to starting my Sunbreaker. Hope it doesn't get nerfed.

It's really slow. If you have the collector's edition you could pop on one of the class items of you're working on one of the new ones. Without that it's like a week of normal play

deoee

Everyone crying like a bitch about Sunbreakers. It's gonna get nerfed and ruined for everyone who's enjoying it.

I'm guessing it's all the butt-hurt blade dancers who went from pvp kings to pvp scrubs.

I've been enjoying my Stormcaller and I'm looking forward to starting my Sunbreaker. Hope it doesn't get nerfed.

Haha

I would understand if GG used their super first and died to a breaker who triggered his after the fact, but you really shouldn't have a chance to do much but avoid and reposition when faced with a super user. You shouldn't have immediate counters, I don't understand why people want this.

You can shut down or avoid every other super except for Sunbreaker. Golden Gun you are extremely vulnerable, blade dance you have limited range and can be killed by a snipe to the dome same for stormtrance, nova bomb and fist of havoc you just run from, sunsinger you can outrun or kill with a snipe to the face, hunter bow can be ran from or destroyed if you aren't hit dead on, and defenders you just wait out or pop with a super.

Sunbreakers though survive golden gun shots and sniper headshots, while having large, ranged AoE attacks that can regenerate the titans health upon killing. Oh and the hammers have homing. Running isn't an option either because titans are the fastest class in the game and the hammers have too much range. I've been killed while in the man cannon by a hammerwhile playing on Crossroads for the love of god.

Kyoufu

Have you guys seen the aim assist on the Bolt-Caster? It's insane.

Insaaaaaaaane.

Like, this guy was behind me (I didn't know he was there) so the game did a 180 degree turn as I pressed R2 to cast a bolt.

Insane.

Lnkn52

You can shut down or avoid every other super except for Sunbreaker. Golden Gun you are extremely vulnerable, blade dance you have limited range and can be killed by a snipe to the dome same for stormtrance, nova bomb and fist of havoc you just run from, sunsinger you can outrun or kill with a snipe to the face, hunter bow can be ran from or destroyed if you aren't hit dead on, and defenders you just wait out or pop with a super.

Sunbreakers though survive golden gun shots and sniper headshots, while having large, ranged AoE attacks that can regenerate the titans health upon killing. Oh and the hammers have homing. Running isn't an option either because titans are the fastest class in the game and the hammers have too much range. I've been killed while in the man cannon by a hammerwhile playing on Crossroads for the love of god.

All of that sounds like positives to me. No vulnerability.

I would understand if GG used their super first and died to a breaker who triggered his after the fact, but you really shouldn't have a chance to do much but avoid and reposition when faced with a super user. You shouldn't have immediate counters, I don't understand why people want this.

Because people can't cope with losing for a super user.

For months, I endured being destroyed by OP hunters. Now, with Palpatine Hands, I finally feel like I can bring destruction upon everyone else on the match.

Now Crucible is fun for me.

Insaaaaaaaane.

Like, this guy was behind me (I didn't know he was there) so the game did a 180 degree turn as I pressed R2 to cast a bolt.

Insane.

Might have been lucky. It does have some tracking though

Lnkn52

Insaaaaaaaane.

Insane.

Can't take you serious

image.php

No hard feelings

Ophelion

And this is why I exclusively play PvE unless Bungie forces my hand with extra-hotness in the gear department.

Sunbreakers being OP isn't a problem when they're on my side. My Stormcaller being cheap as hell isn't a problem for my allies either presumably.

No one's gunna be like, "I hate your class. You cleared that room too efficiently!"

...nobody sane anyway.

Still stuck on Oryx after 2 weeks. Every LFG team seems to crumble at him -- too many moving pieces and not enough people willing to listen and learn. Are there any Gaffers on XB1 willing to run Oryx tonight? Say at like 9 EST? I'd really like to down him before the reset.

The Argonach Rune Ultra gave me an exotic, but I don't remember using 3oC? Though I might have popped one before logging off yesterday.

Also got 2 legendaries out of chest (one sublime). Pretty good rewards, though charging is fixed per day (or does reset trick work?).
In week one, I totally charged an Argonach Rune by going along with someone who had a charged rune and doing the challenge. The next time I did that, it didn't work.

Shito

I still don't get the mentions about "salt" when all we are having here is a rather light-hearted discussion about a super. ^^
You guys have never seen what true salt is, haha!

It's me playing SF4 lately, worn out by all these years of shitty mechanics I can't stand anymore...

Dalek

I asked this last night before I conked out so I never saw the answer-I hit 300 Light last night (even though I never finished the raid). So at this point, my drops can be over 300 right?

Titans are what I used to get my 3 mayhem clash wins. Surviving a rocket while hammering away is just so bad! It's perfect for that gametype haha

Easier 30 Legendary Marks

Tovarisc

Bungie never bothered to do any rebalancing to Bladedancer during Y1, Y2 changes didn't change anything with it in PvP, even when community was at one point very loud about what BS that subclass is in PvP. I wouldn't worry about them doing jackshit to Sunbreaker as it seems they don't really care that much about how broken certain subclasses are in PvP.

I wonder at what point we will see retooling of shotties so they aren't clear go-to specials for PvP. Also maybe they should take pulses down by notch so other primaries are more viable, rare to see anything else these days.

Edit:
Jeez, all this fuss about Sunbreakers today, eh?

I'm more surprised about that it took this long for people to realize how broken sunbreaker is.

Sunbreakers surviving sniper headshots and Golden Gun is broken, end of story.

Radiance rez locks are broken
Gunslingers being able to one shot you from across the map is broken
Bladedancers being able to move at the speed of light and blink is broken

Meanwhile titans would die the second they show their face. They can make a bubble that nobody would walk into. Now its time for the titans to shine, abd it is gooooood

SkylineRKR

Jesus christ. I counted my exotic special weapon engrams, 13 in total. 6 Fourth Horseman, 7 Invective.

Really, what are the fucking odds here?

I asked this last night before I conked out so I never saw the answer-I hit 300 Light last night (even though I never finished the raid). So at this point, my drops can be over 300 right?

Exotics can now drop at 310. It seems about 50% now that it'll either drop at 290 or 310. Right now most anything higher than 300 is from the raid, with the exception of Artifact and some exotic questlines.

Tecnniqe

Banned

At 300 exotics can be decrypted to 310. Slim chance but its there

Homeboyd

Jesus christ. I counted my exotic special weapon engrams, 13 in total. 6 Fourth Horseman, 7 Invective.

Really, what are the fucking odds here?
Pretty good if your name is Homeboyd. Except replace 4th Horseman with Hereafters. Oh and all at 290 despite being well above 300 for a while now.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
There's a point where people are just whiny and no balance is necessary and the "salt" comments are warranted.

Then there's instances of objectively unbalanced elements that prevent players from choosing their own play style and overcoming powerful opponents with skill.

I think the PVP Sunbreaker issues are leaning towards the latter. Although I don't trust Bungie to keep any nerfs confined to PVP...

I have a Titan I don't think i would feel good about taking a 1000-yard stare bullet to the face and surviving.

Radiance rez locks are broken
Gunslingers being able to one shot you from across the map is broken
Bladedancers being able to move at the speed of light and blink is broken

Meanwhile titans would die the second they show their face. They can make a bubble that nobody would walk into. Now its time for the titans to shine, abd it is gooooood

Rez locks aren't broken. You can predict when they rez most of the time, and you can either shotgun them or revive snipe them. Not terrible.

Bungie never bothered to do any rebalancing to Bladedancer during Y1, Y2 changes didn't change anything with it in PvP, even when community was at one point very loud about what BS that subclass is in PvP. I wouldn't worry about them doing jackshit to Sunbreaker as it seems they don't really care that much about how broken certain subclasses are in PvP.

I wonder at what point we will see retooling of shotties so they aren't clear go-to specials for PvP. Also maybe they should take pulses down by notch so other primaries are more viable, rare to see anything else these days.

There isn't much that's unbalanced about Blade Dancers though. More people were afraid of going against three sunsingers than they were three bladedacers in Trials. Shotgun range was the biggest problem, blink just exaggerated that.

Spy

Would it be possible to pick up 3 people to beat Oryx? I have yet to do it but I'm 302 light and know how to do it, just haven't managed to get a party of 6.

PS4

Top Bottom