• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lol, great to see Giantbomb got stuck at the exact same problem in the raid as our group did. Everyone went across the ship to invisible door, to get the chest and no one stayed back to open the doors and once you hit the other side, you can't spawn back. Two people had to go to orbit and rejoin all the way back to the start of the jumping puzzle.

Still stuck on Oryx after 2 weeks. Every LFG team seems to crumble at him -- too many moving pieces and not enough people willing to listen and learn. Are there any Gaffers on XB1 willing to run Oryx tonight? Say at like 9 EST? I'd really like to down him before the reset.
Hey I have the oryx checkpoint on my hunter on xb1, I can run it at that time. Anyone else?

Tovarisc

Radiance rez locks are broken
Gunslingers being able to one shot you from across the map is broken
Bladedancers being able to move at the speed of light and blink is broken

Meanwhile titans would die the second they show their face. They can make a bubble that nobody would walk into. Now its time for the titans to shine, abd it is gooooood

Warlock uses Fireborn and you shoot him to face, again, and warlock is dead again. Applies pretty much to all warlock supers, just shoot at him like he wouldn't have super active and he dies in normal TTK.

You can counter gunslinger by just shooting him to head or in general few times, GG bullets don't home in.

Bladedancer is same bullshit as it has always been in PvP, but you can at least try to counter it with guns.

Sunbreaker Titan, do you have tactical nuclear warhead at hand so you can OHK him from far away? No? Well RUN and pray he doesn't catch up.

Edit:
There isn't much that's unbalanced about Blade Dancers though. More people were afraid of going against three sunsingers than they were three bladedacers in Trials. Shotgun range was the biggest problem, blink just exaggerated that.

I think something is off when I can land direct RL hit to Bladedancer only to see it not caring at all, barely losing shields and then spamming attack until everything in sight is dead. Do that to any other subclass [excluding sunbreaker] and they go down, not even requiring direct hit.

ich00

Good afternoon gaf!

Any raid groups forming for tonight around 930-10 EST? I have a cp at the daughters or could run a full raid, starting with my hunter then swapping out for my warlock at the sisters. I have a friend who would like to do the same.

Shito

Personally, I'd love for them to fix the Netcode first and foremost. I'm curious to see how Trials 2.0 plays out.
Netcode is fine, it's just the matchmaking sometimes giving you matches with people with a crappy ping / far away from you.
This and GAF IB trains with people from all other the world in them...

EL CUCO

Radiance rez locks are broken
Gunslingers being able to one shot you from across the map is broken
Bladedancers being able to move at the speed of light and blink is broken

Meanwhile titans would die the second they show their face. They can make a bubble that nobody would walk into. Now its time for the titans to shine, abd it is gooooood
Radiance Locks dont regen health after every kill. They just lob 5 or 6 nades around, not homing rockets with combustion.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Jesus christ. I counted my exotic special weapon engrams, 13 in total. 6 Fourth Horseman, 7 Invective.

Really, what are the fucking odds here?

well, the engram pool isn't that big. But yeah that blows lol.

I think the only special weapons that can decrypt from engrams right now are

Invective
4th Horseman
Telesto
Hereafter

I'm not defending Sunbreaker. I don't even play Sunbreaker in PVP because it's all about Stormcaller. Hold R1 and chain lightning everything down in front of you in seconds.

Warlock, the true OP class.

Yes and No. I've been OHK with a sniper plenty of times while using my super. This is the argument at its core. Every super except the SB can be stopped by a skilled player.

I can go either way honestly. As of right now, my solution is to run away or if I'm playing a a fireteam then we focus fire.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What's everyone's thoughts on Jade Rabbit? As opposed to Hung Jury?

Also, I'm just going to assume The Last Word is trash now? Tried it out in Crucible and it's got like 10x more recoil than I remember. Lol

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I couldn't finish Oryx off last night with CybrWizrd and co. I know I sucked cuz I was nervous. Anyways, hopefully there's fireteam later on today to beat Oryx only before the reset. I should have a checkpoint in case some of you dont.

Still stuck on Oryx after 2 weeks. Every LFG team seems to crumble at him -- too many moving pieces and not enough people willing to listen and learn. Are there any Gaffers on XB1 willing to run Oryx tonight? Say at like 9 EST? I'd really like to down him before the reset.

Hey I have the oryx checkpoint on my hunter on xb1, I can run it at that time. Anyone else?

I can join as a 280 but I have a 1000 yard stare of goodness!! I can be the roamer :D

If y'all desperately need a 6th.

Frenden

Banned
I played a ton of Striker PvP and am a Tony Hawkian Pro Titan Skater. I'm not anti-Titan, but Sunbreakers surviving GG shots and sniper crits is ridiculous.

Homing hammers and health regen still make for a great super if they simply tweak the damage resistance.

Baliis

Bladedancers weren't op because of bladedance. They were op because they had great additional perks like Quickdraw, blink, and Arc bolt.

Yea, I'm not sure where this sudden whining about their super is coming from. They were always pretty squishy and vulnerable to getting gun downed by the last word, getting sniped, getting shotgunned, getting counter supered, etc. It had a lot more potential than other supers for multi kills since it was more mobile, but any competent player could shoot you down or at least trade with you.

Blink shotguns and arc bolt + thorn was really what everyone hated.

Tecnniqe

Banned
5qOTlLr.png

deoee

BTW: do i use TLW while aiming down or just pull the trigger and adjust when someone is in range?

It does not matter what I try I seem to miss often :|

BTW: do i use TLW while aiming down or just pull the trigger and adjust when someone is in range?

It does not matter what I try I seem to miss often :|

I believe ADS was nerfed pretty significantly. But yea, I gave up on TLW after the first day I tried TTK pvp with it.

MrDaravon

Does anyone know offhand if wins in Mayhem Clash count as Clash wins for that Grimoire?

On a related note I'm super shocked they didn't add a lot more Grimoire with TTK. I figured we would get most existing Grimoires for kills etc all doubled but nope. Not even new Grimoire for Sword Kills, Rift wins etc. Really odd to me.

Radiance Locks dont regen health after every kill. They just lob 5 or 6 nades around, not homing rockets with combustion.

Radiance locks just lob grenades that home in on multiple targets on detonation with no chance at counterplay to avoid the hit, and since they lob so many grenades ita guaranteed kills. Sunbreakers you can dodge by hiding behind a wall or blink through the hammer.

War...war has changed.

I couldn't finish Oryx off last night with CybrWizrd and co. I know I sucked cuz I was nervous. Anyways, hopefully there's fireteam later on today to beat Oryx only before the reset. I should have a checkpoint in case some of you dont.
Are you on PS4? I am looking for a group to help with Oryx too. (Around 2-3 hours from now). I'm unable to use my mic but that won't be a problem with 5 others. iRAWR can help too.

Tovarisc

Yea, I'm not sure where this sudden whining about their super is coming from. They were always pretty squishy and vulnerable to getting gun downed by the last word, getting sniped, getting shotgunned, getting counter supered, etc. It had a lot more potential than other supers for multi kills since it was more mobile, but any competent player could shoot you down or at least trade with you.

I would argue then that any competent bladedancer player always spams attack, even when looking for next victim, because it seems to really fuck up the game. I can put down bladedancer in few shots if he isn't spamming his attack, but moment he starts to spam attack my guns turn into nerf gun dealing 0 damage to bladedancer.

I can join as a 280 but I have a 1000 yard stare of goodness!! I can be the roamer :D

If y'all desperately need a 6th.
295 only must have emblem
jk

Anyway yeah you're welcome to join in my opinion. Not sure how much damage falloff being a 280 is in the raid, may actually test that using my solo CP as I'm curious.

Trakan

Sunbreakers surviving sniper headshots and Golden Gun is broken, end of story.

This is the extent of it. They can't survive Golden Guns normally, either. It's a bug. I've killed Sunbreaker Titans with a Golden Gun before. I think it's when they're wearing the chest armor that gives solar subclasses extra armor.

Mupod

It's been interesting playing Gunslinger in crucible as I feel like an essential part of my team as the only guy who can save us from rampaging Sunbreakers.

Anyways my Hunter is just barely raid ready at 290 even with her hilariously bad 200 artifact and 260 helmet. Nightstalker is barely leveled, but hey whatever.

The only hunter exotic I have are 310 sealed ahamkara gloves - the ones that give two melees. I was thinking about uses for two smoke grenades - is there any reason you can't pick the extended-length smoke vanish and use that to make the dps phase on Golgoroth really easy? I just don't know much about stealth mechanics in the game as I never played Hunters before. But it'd be nice to have for example the Taken adds just completely ignore everyone for the duration of two double smoke bombs.

JackHerer

Material farming for exotic sword completed in just under two hours.........I'm okay with this. Ghost and sniper combo made it a lot easier.

Ty

:) That method makes it sooo much easier. I only wish I figured it out sooner.

And damn, now I really want one of those shirts.

nOoblet16

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

I've been 1HKO by a sniper with my hammer out plenty of times.

(For the record, I think the Hammer is unbalanced, but if you're going to build an argument against it, do it right)

Nope, you are incorrect.
If you got killed by a sniper then you probably didn't pay attention to your health going down.

I use a high impact sniper like Shadow of Veils which is enough to take down even Radiance lock (unless they have radiant skin), but Sunbreakers can take the shot and survive. Meanwhile I can kill a Bladedancer with TLW and blink strike.

Blink shotguns and arc bolt + thorn was really what everyone hated.

People are trying to say it's Titan's turn in the spotlight after Hunter dominance, but it isn't the same. Hunters were definitely OP nut they were never broken. Sunbreakers are objectively broken.

Yea if and when it does happen, I think a lot more people will be attracted to Destiny PvP. That and custom games. My heart!

Haha custom games. Who would want that? Custom games in 2015 pls.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Are you on PS4? I am looking for a group to help with Oryx too. (Around 2-3 hours from now). I'm unable to use my mic but that won't be a problem with 5 others. iRAWR can help too.

Yes Im on PS4. IDK about 2-3hr since Im getting ready to go to work right now.

:'(

noomi

What's everyone's thoughts on Jade Rabbit? As opposed to Hung Jury?

Also, I'm just going to assume The Last Word is trash now? Tried it out in Crucible and it's got like 10x more recoil than I remember. Lol

I LOVE the jade rabbit!

It is great for PvE. Land 4-5 body shots, then one precision shot with extra damage.... BOOM! Your magazine is refunded.Feels kind of like the old black hammer, you can fire it for days without reloading. Really good for boss fights. I've also had some success with it on long range PvP maps.

Overall, great weapon!

Oh yeah.... and TLW stinks now :(

Hahaha!

LukeSmith

So Luke Smith and his real life non Bungie friends did their spindle run team first try with four minutes to spare. Git gud.

Technically it was just one guy I play with, the other member was a popular member of the video games media in the midst of a seemingly infinite struggle to get his Spindle. So we carried him.

We messed around with one strategy going in, failed it made a couple changes and then destroyed the activity with 4 minutes to spare on our second go.

Comp was
  • Defender
  • Sunbreaker
  • Stormcaller

Top Bottom