• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

295 only must have emblem
jk

Anyway yeah you're welcome to join in my opinion. Not sure how much damage falloff being a 280 is in the raid, may actually test that using my solo CP as I'm curious.

I'm pretty sure I can still wreck with my 1000 yard stare :D

But yea, I'm curious the difference from 280 to 290, using the same sniper.

LiK

Technically it was just one guy I play with, the other member was a popular member of the video games media in the midst of a seemingly infinite struggle to get his Spindle. So we carried him.

We messed around with one strategy going in, failed it made a couple changes and then destroyed the activity with 4 minutes to spare on our second go.

Comp was
  • Defender
  • Sunbreaker
  • Stormcaller

Was it Brad? I wasn't able to help him that night.

And this is why I exclusively play PvE unless Bungie forces my hand with extra-hotness in the gear department.

Sunbreakers being OP isn't a problem when they're on my side. My Stormcaller being cheap as hell isn't a problem for my allies either presumably.

No one's gunna be like, "I hate your class. You cleared that room too efficiently!"

...nobody sane anyway.

unless you're trying to get a bounty/quest done and your buddy's stealing all your kills

Tecnniqe

Banned
The reason you are seeing Titans take a headshot is because they have a higher armor value at base before the super plays a part in it.

The super dmg reduction is the same as BD which is 50 or 55%

Shito

Technically it was just one guy I play with, the other member was a popular member of the video games media in the midst of a seemingly infinite struggle to get his Spindle. So we carried him.

We messed around with one strategy going in, failed it made a couple changes and then destroyed the activity with 4 minutes to spare on our second go.

Comp was
  • Defender
  • Sunbreaker
  • Stormcaller
Interesting.
What perk was the defender using for his bubble?
I've always thought using it defensively for this mission was a mistake, but maybe with WoL and turning it into an orb generating machine it can offset the loss of an offensive super in the group...

zewone

This is the extent of it.

Far from.

At this point I don't even care if they nerf the super. I'd much rather see people defending the super admit it's overpowered.

Highest damage resistance
Unlimited projectiles / no drain from projectiles
Homing projectiles
Health regen on kill
Speed boost

It really doesn't need all those positives. Take out two of the worse offenders and it would still be the best without being broken.

Tovarisc

LFM fresh King's Fall

1. Tovarisc
2. Rhelidon
3. Reule
4. xplicitone

Requirements are 290+ light and time/patience to do full clear :b

Edit: Should have mentioned that we go as soon as possible aka when we have 6

Edit 2: Full

LiK

Far from.

At this point I don't even care if they nerf the super. I'd much rather see people defending the super admit it's overpowered.

Homing projectiles
Health regen on kill
Speed boost

It really doesn't need all those positives. Take out two of the worse offenders and it would still be the best without being broken.

Huh? Hammers do drain super meter each time they're thrown.

Havok

Interesting.
What perk was the defender using for his bubble?
I've always thought using it defensively for this mission was a mistake, but maybe with WoL and turning it into an orb generating machine it can offset the loss of an offensive super in the group...

Blessing, applied directly to boss platform. Higher effective uptime for Razelighter (no shield regen time required), plus protection for when the boss moves around.

Zocano

People are only being pissy cause like 70% of the active player base is Hunters and are finally getting dominated instead of having the best supers in town. I say get rekt, boys.

#titanmasterrace

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Far from.

Homing projectiles
Health regen on kill
Speed boost

Ahhhh it's so good, especially with my shiny immolation gauntlets, add chain-projectiles to that list! So goooood

LiK

No, they don't.

That's why the glitch where you could toss 30 of them worked.

If they drained the super bar it would have been gone instantly.

What glitch? I always check the meter and I see it draining a chunk whenever I toss one.

MrDaravon

Constant redbar warriors I think have finally broken me in Crucible. We completely dominated this team in Salvage, I went 17-2 or something, but all I can think about is the one guy went like 2-10 on the other team but still teabagged me the one time he killed me because he survived 3 shotgun blasts to the face and a melee because lag. Re-evaluating my life choices.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, they don't.

Missinformed much. That glitch cause the drain to glitch out, that was the glitch, which is fixed.

Dont bs about the drain. You got like ~5 hammers.

So when I kill say one more I will skip to 40?
I got about 5-7 kills with super no death each game, and jump about 25% from it, equipping it only when using super and removing before death, and equip before win.

No, they don't.

You have that backwards. The reason breaking the animation was a thing was it didn't take energy with each throw, instead it just ran off the timer so you could throw as much as you want.

It's been interesting playing Gunslinger in crucible as I feel like an essential part of my team as the only guy who can save us from rampaging Sunbreakers.

Anyways my Hunter is just barely raid ready at 290 even with her hilariously bad 200 artifact and 260 helmet. Nightstalker is barely leveled, but hey whatever.

The only hunter exotic I have are 310 sealed ahamkara gloves - the ones that give two melees. I was thinking about uses for two smoke grenades - is there any reason you can't pick the extended-length smoke vanish and use that to make the dps phase on Golgoroth really easy? I just don't know much about stealth mechanics in the game as I never played Hunters before. But it'd be nice to have for example the Taken adds just completely ignore everyone for the duration of two double smoke bombs.
The stealth disappears the moment you fire your gun, attack, or blink. Also the double length perk doesn't affect the duration of Vanish in Smoke invisibility.

LFM fresh King's Fall

1. Tovarisc
2. Rhelidon
6. xplicitone if room in 30 minutes.

Ok I'm OMW home. I'll be home in 30 minutes, if you still need 1 I'll be down!

What's everyone's thoughts on Jade Rabbit? As opposed to Hung Jury?

Also, I'm just going to assume The Last Word is trash now? Tried it out in Crucible and it's got like 10x more recoil than I remember. Lol

Jade Rabbit is not the same kind of scout as Hung Jury, higher impact and lower rate of fire. For pve the perks on the HJ make it better, exotic be damned although the Rabbit is still nice. The issue with the JR in both pvp and pve is that it requires you to be further away to really shine. It can be a pretty devastating weapon but I don't think it justifies an exotic slot.

Yup, TLW was gutted. Worse range (aggressive ballistics is un-usable) and they nerfed the stability. Kicks like a mule where it was actually very smooth once you got perfect balance. So now you're forced to use it close range, ADS'ing with it even from relatively close is far faaaar worse. Sure the hipfire is better (honestly doesn't feel different to me) but when you're close enough where it's an option to opt for no sights you're asking to get slide -> shotgun'd. Gun has been muredered. Hawkmoon >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Word. Still a good option for predominantly snipers but for your main weapon, nah

RIP The Last Word. Hopefully your big brother The First Curse doesn't suck too

Reule

LFM fresh King's Fall

1. Tovarisc
2. Rhelidon

I've already ran the raid on another character but I'd like to go as my Titan.

PSN: Reule

EL CUCO

People are only being pissy cause like 70% of the active player base is Hunters and are finally getting dominated instead of having the best supers in town. I say get rekt, boys.

#titanmasterrace
image.php

Okay DestinyGaf, need a little budget advice.

I have a 1000 yard stare w/ last resort, skip rounds, and firefly.

The current vendor is solar damage, triple tap, perfect balance, and mulligan.

Keep the one I have or buy a new one?

Other options for spending marks; Year 2 Last Word, Truth, Obsidian Mind, Hunter Alpha Lupi

I still have yet to get a tracking rocket.

Anyone up for Oryx on PS4 right now? I'll invite if you post your PSN.
I could go right now. I didn't think any groups were forming. As I posted earlier in the thread, I'm currently micless until the weekend but really need the Oryx kill before reset. Any chance I could join? I'm familiar with the fight

Spy

I could go right now. I didn't think any groups were forming. As I posted earlier in the thread, I'm currently micless until the weekend but really need the Oryx kill before reset. Any chance I could join? I'm familiar with the fight
Sure, PSN? Only need two more as I already had two.

I think 1 person did?

But yea, someone also thinks opening the VoG is way more fun than the opening sequence in KF so anything is possible on teh interwebz. It's all a matter of opinion :p

Wait...You disagree? I missed the conversation, but yeah, Opening the door to VoG while blueberries are patroling is still King.

noomi

Comp was
  • Defender
  • Sunbreaker
  • Stormcaller

4 minutes to spare.... I had like 2 seconds to spare and I'm pretty sure I shit my pants..... twice....... uphill.... both ways.

zewone

Missinformed much. That glitch cause the drain to glitch out, that was the glitch, which is fixed.

Dont bs about the drain. You got like ~5 hammers.

I got about 5-7 kills with super no death each game, and jump about 25% from it, equipping it only when using super and removing before death, and equip before win.

You have that backwards. The reason breaking the animation was a thing was it didn't take energy with each throw, instead it just ran off the timer so you could throw as much as you want.

That's cool if it does drain. Either way, it doesn't drain enough for PVP.

Anyone got a spot for Oryx? I'm a 296 hunter (PS4) with Black Spindle. I'm still sort of unfamiliar with the fight but I'd like to beat him for the first time.

Tovarisc

I've already ran the raid on another character but I'd like to go as my Titan.

PSN: Reule

Ok I'm OMW home. I'll be home in 30 minutes, if you still need 1 I'll be down!

I
ll join

Count me in psn chiquili59

Added all of you to roster, I think we can deal with 30 minute wait :b If you don't have Tovarisc in friends list feel free to add me or provide me with PSN ID.

Edit: Full

Hey I have the oryx checkpoint on my hunter on xb1, I can run it at that time. Anyone else?

I'm down to run it at 9 EST as well. I'm also on X1. I got all the way to Oryx on Friday night, but everyone bailed when we got to him. I haven't tried him yet though. Gaf name same as live name and I'm a 296 Titan.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
LFM fresh King's Fall

1. Tovarisc
2. Rhelidon
3. Reule
4. xplicitone

I'll go if you still need one, Psn crophonso

Top Bottom