• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Navy Bean

Ok... so take this for what its worth but...

I had a resume on Draksis from forever ago... used that the other week before the Three of Coins nerf and got a bunch of exotics...

I loaded up that same resume from before the patch and used 5 ToC's and got 3 exotics!!!

Now on the last one Draksis vanished and the mission completed... must have teleported outside the ship or something... but dude was gone... mission countdown... no idea.

Re-ran the mission to get the checkpoint and ran another about 15 coins... no single exotic.

I wonder if the nerf was somehow tied to the majors/ultras/bosses and not the actual Three of Coins itself?

If any of you have a resume from before the patch... it's worth a shot!!!

Possible, and that's probably why they made his mission daily heroic (which was random) - to get everyone to reset the checkpoint...

Ugh, top of page. Here, have some 3 of coins:

images

Sh0k

How do you guys manage your weapons when you have three characters? You try to get the best weapons/best light levels to each of your characters or do you have a set of good weapons in the vault and pass it over your characters as needed?

What was the trick to skip a step in the exotic sword questline? Something about transfering the swords form one character onto another or something like that?
Transfer the 220 sword to your character who has already completed the entire exotic sword quest. Infuse the 220 to 280+ and then fill the nodes. Once you do that go speak to Lord Shax and he'll give you the exotic sword quest. If I left something out, somebody correct me.

stb

I *want* a Year 2 Saint-14, but I'm not sure I'm convinced of it's utility, at least in the raid.

There are plenty of places a bubble is useful:
- Warpriest
- Golgoroth
- Daughters
- Oryx (DPS on Vessel knight and Oryx, as well as when you're telelported in a pinch)

But almost all those situations Starless Night is one of the following:
- a detriment (i.e. Warpriest; the person with the brand doesn't need adds wandering around inside a bubble blind, and you generally place the bubble behind where adds would be, anyway)
- not useful (very few situations where you want/need to blind adds
- not as useful as the perk you'd get from another exotic

Is there something I'm forgetting that makes Saint-14 preferable?

Frenden

Banned
That new OT smell.

I spent nearly all my coins on Graviton Forfeit attempts. 600 coins-ish at this point. No Forfeit. I sunk the rest into 3oC. Sob.

Sullichin

Two 300 primary blues dropped last night, my Ace of Spades is sitting pretty at 299.

297 light without touching the raid, not bad. More like 295 for a better raid loadout at the moment.

rNilla

That new OT smell.

I spent nearly all my coins on Graviton Forfeit attempts. 600 coins-ish at this point. No Forfeit. I sunk the rest into 3oC. Sob.
Dang. I've purchased maybe 15 engrams total and have received 4 Forfeits, including two 310s in a row this morning. If only we could trade...

Tecnniqe

Banned
I *want* a Year 2 Saint-14, but I'm not sure I'm convinced of it's utility, at least in the raid.

- Warpriest
- Golgoroth
- Daughters
- Oryx (DPS on Vessel knight and Oryx, as well as when you're telelported in a pinch)

- a detriment (i.e. Warpriest; the person with the brand doesn't need adds wandering around inside a bubble blind, and you generally place the bubble behind where adds would be, anyway)

Im only using it for its looks and 310-ness.

There is a serious lack of exotics i want.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is there a good machinegun on vendors?

Ruin Wake from crucible vanguard and Objection IV from new monarchy.

I have an Objection with Hidden Hand from a package and it's not bad.

More info from the the vendor reddit thread

Objection IV, a Machine Gun with same archetype as the BTRD!. Similar to the Ruin Wake from earlier, this one has a good aim assit (when compared to BTRDs) and its advantage over the Ruin Wake is better range. The roll is Counterbalance + Injection Mold/Reinforced Barrel + Persistence, you get a choice between Stability and Range, given its perks I would go for Range and try it out.

Ruin Wake, a Machine Gun with the same archetype as BTRD!. It has much higher aim-assit, lower range, a better reload and lower stability when compared to BTRD, but its roll has Hidden Hand making the lower stability not much of an issue at all. The rest of the roll contains Life Support and Fitted Stock/Reinforced Barrel, you can get a massive boost in range by trading the stability, or just go for the stability.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

- Warpriest
- Golgoroth
- Daughters

Potential benefit at Oryx, but you're right on the money. Saint-14 is not a best-case Exotic for the raid.

LTWood12

I still don't understand why Brad is using a 290 something Hung Jury when he has a 310 Raid auto rifle right there in the ol' inventory. What. The. Fuck.

OK, so I'm jumping back into this. I played vanilla, then got frustrated and quit but, The Taken King looks too good to pass up.

Is there a raid thread or group or something? I had a hell of time in vanilla finding raid partners and never even actually got to do one. I would like to change that ASAP.

- Warpriest
- Golgoroth
- Daughters

I will be using mine next time for the Totems. Having two melee knights escape from the middle is not a fun time when guarding the totem.

Edit: Seems like a blinding bubble would also be useful for the exploding thralls that spawn behind you during Golgoroth too.

rNilla

I still don't understand why Brad is using a 290 something Hung Jury when he has a 310 Raid auto rifle right there in the ol' inventory. What. The. Fuck.
He's kind of OCD and/or pseudo-superstitious about what he uses and how he plays games. Stubborn might be a better word. He doesn't trust new things or maybe it's more stick with what you know. I've noticed this over the years.

Bradach

A 297 Down and Doubt (legendary HC) dropped for me today and I gave it a try.

I quite like it! 8 in the chamber, good rate of fire and nice stability.

Anyone else using this HC?

Deku Tree

Potential benefit at Oryx, but you're right on the money. Saint-14 is not a best-case Exotic for the raid.

The thing is it doesn't seem like there is a top tier Titan exotic helmet with a great raid perk. The new one seems like its main perk "free RL tracking" is kind of throw away.

BraXzy

Finally got the Graviton Forfeit. Unfortunately came out of the engram at 290 so it is quite the sacrifice compared to my 310 Skyburners. But it looks cooler so yolo!

Just swapped stuff back to my Hunter after being on my Titan for a few days and realised I now have two characters that can hit 306 :D

Still wearing blues though lmao.

BraXzy

Ruin Wings, Immolation Fists, and Alpha Lupi are all good choices IMO.

What would you say is the best Hunter exotic for the raid? I've got the three year 2 helmets, a dozen crest of alpha lupi's (naturally) and Sealed Ahamkara Grasps as well as Don't Touch Me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So 10 coins 1 exotic so far. Drop rate overall is worse now. Draksis farm gave me 2 or 3 for the same coin usage.

I feel like it got nerfed a second time after this most recent patch.

I've been doing really well with them. Wednesday or yesterday I used seven 3oC in a row and received 5 exotics. Today I've used five and got another two drops.

Yea the exotic sword quest for the Arc. Gathering spinmetals...

I'm at 4/10 but gotta call it quits for now.

I throw a ghost on which grabs spin metal from engrams then run the Omnigul strike a few times.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I feel like it got nerfed a second time after this most recent patch.

It all depends on how the stupid cooldown system works. Do we use it as soon as we kill and ultra to start the cooldown? Or do we need to use it right before we kill an Ultra to avoid the Cooldown?

Can we speedrun strikes?
Do we need to clean them?
Is X kills requires?

The new system ruined more than there was. I dont see the problem with people farming whoever. Their coins who cares.

I've been doing really well with them. Wednesday or yesterday I used seven 3oC in a row and received 5 exotics. Today I've used five and got another two drops.

How do you use them?

Wallach

The thing is it doesn't seem like there is a top tier Titan exotic helmet with a great raid perk. The new one seems like its main perk "free RL tracking" is kind of throw away.

None of them are particularly good for the raid, no. If boots were available I'd consider the Dunemarchers, but otherwise I'd stick with Ruin Wings or Immolation Fists. Alpha Lupi isn't bad either.

Edit - That said, a good roll on the raid gloves would also be pretty good. Really wish those Dunemarchers were around...

Homeboyd

Now that spoilers are off and enough here have conquered King's Fall (and put aside the newness of KF just dropping); what are people's thoughts about Vault of Glass versus King's Fall? We'll leave CE out of this for obvious reasons.

E92 M3

How do you guys manage your weapons when you have three characters? You try to get the best weapons/best light levels to each of your characters or do you have a set of good weapons in the vault and pass it over your characters as needed?

Even though it's really easy to transfer stuff, I've developed an aversion. Like to get it where every character has their own suitable weapons. Some keystone items do get transferred though.

Namikaze1

A 310 Monte Carlo and a 290 Invective...

That 310 MC is gonna go towards a good cause.

Now my Titan has a 310 primary weapon (after I infused MC to my raid pulse)

Sullichin

It's gonna be another night of running strikes with 3oC only to get several Alpha Lupis and 0 Zhalo Supercells / Telestos.

What would you say is the best Hunter exotic for the raid? I've got the three year 2 helmets, a dozen crest of alpha lupi's (naturally) and Sealed Ahamkara Grasps as well as Don't Touch Me.

Skyburner, the special ammo on orb pick up is invaluable for Oryx

Top Bottom