• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I'd love my platinum trophy.
I jave one trophy left and it is salvage, and FUCK this game mode with randoms.. I'm never going to get it :( i do not think i have a single bastard point.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Never cause reasons sauce dj booya
ZJQ2H3b.jpg

Des Tiney

Just sayin' it doesn't really make sense in the headline "Destiny's titular character is transgender"

Anyway, this part of the article kinda bothered me:

..Wha?

Its Polygon, Its what We Do, For Dem Clickers.

Anyway, this part of the article kinda bothered me:

a sequel to a highly popular video game played by all the kinds of people who usually avoid games about transgender characters,​

..Wha?

Probably asserting that Halo players are all dudebro fratboys that hate feminism, are all macho manly men or whatever. Because it's cool to stereotype in your article about how it's great to not have a stereotype.

As far as the rest of the article goes, I think it's reaching, but even then, it's fine. Yes, making a 1:1 comparison between human sexual/gender presentation and a species that evolved on a gas planet millions of light years away is tenuous. But it's scifi. Star Trek did this stuff all the time. They'd roll up on a world and there'd be a species that changes gender every 5 minutes. And the comparison and interactions with the crew would expose their own and our own preconceptions on gender. Where it gets to be stretching is gauging authorial and thematic intent. Star Trek was doing it deliberately. Destiny is doing it just to do it. So you can't ding Bungie for hiding it when they're not claiming it.

Zocano

Meh, I don't get getting super miffed over an article stretching a little too far to make a LGBT/gender rights connection. It's amateurish but getting upset over it seems trivial (especially when the viewpoint is a bit misguided but understandable).

It helps that I'm fairly partial to articles like this and am okay with their existence even when they're flawed

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Both are always referred to as sisters. The gender identifier never changes for either of them.

I was putting "Mother" in quotes since I always interpreted that the Mothers of the Krill are just Wizard/Witch equivalents of the Hive (which in a weird long term evolution way, they almost definitely are). So I am just equating Krill and Hive terms in that way to try and suss out how their genders work and if there is just inconsistency there or something intentional.
Ohh, I see. I didn't actually make that connection between Mothers and Wizards- and all I got from the detail of Aurash taking on the "king morph" was that the worms can alter the krill physiology so much as to change their sex.

But you're right that there's more to it actually, Savathun takes a "mother morph," so I was wrong about that.
Savathûn, mother morph of Sathona, we delight in your sharp mind.

TsuWave

I got the Solar Flayer Mantle on my 2nd run of Dust Palace.

wow. these are the times i hate this game. happy for other guardians but when you spend 3 days running strikes and can't get a drop and then you read testimonials like these it makes your soul burn slow :(

3 days farming strikes and no psion or taniks cloak. i'm about to give up hope
I felt bad when my second Taniks dropped for me in a party full of Hunters farming for it. I was already wearing my first Taniks. D:

But keep at it! The cloak is totally worth it.

Telesto is one of the best weapons in the game. I personally like Jade Rabbit for both PvE and PvP. Supercell I don't have but its Arc element primary and supposed to be awesome for crowd control. Suros and Monte Carlo are very good, with useful perks. Invective is now the only weapon with ammo regen I think.

I'd say Hawkmoon is the worst weapon off that list. I never use it and handcannons are just boring in TTK. Its perks aren't helpful, just some extra damage on some bullets which are nerfed along with the handcannons in general. The range nerf is rather shocking, though understandable. Scouts should be range kings.

But never shard non-dupes, though you can buy them from the Kiosk again.
Noted. I'll hold off on sharding anything for a bit. Thankfully I have a few e-shards from the nearly half dozen Alpha Lupis I've gotten. I'd like to get my Supercell and Monte Carlo to 300 at least before I finally get into raiding. A few more 300 rare drops should do it!

I've tried Telesto a bit. Really cool gun but the low ammo gets my spirits down. I'll reserve judgement until I've played it with more extensively, though.

Thanks, Skyline!

at first i was just selecting dust palace but since yesterday i've been doing heroics. not sure which is the best method if there is one

Hm. Me either. I selected "The Shadow Theif" from the moon. Ran it twice and got Taniks Cloak. I did that with Dust Palace a bunch yesterday and never even saw the Flayers cloak drop. Tonight I'm going to try Heroics.

noomi

Not a big fan of the tanik's cloak, much rather have a psion flayer one instead.

Yeah... I'm going to farm dust palace when I get home for a bit.

stb

Hey, guys, what's going on in Destiny today?!

*reads 7 pages of Hammer "debate" and that Polygon article*

*closes browser*

Not a big fan of the tanik's cloak, much rather have a psion flayer one instead.
I prefer the Taniks as it fully reveals the Hunter's helmet, lending the class a totally different look that immediately sets it apart from other capes. The first time I saw someone wearing one I couldn't figure out what class they were! I followed them around on Venus for 10 minutes just gazing at it in awe.

The psion capes are the only others I'd switch it out for, though.

noomi

haven't you guys learned you never get what you want?

but but but!

I prefer the Taniks as it fully reveals the Hunter's helmet, lending the class a totally different look that immediately sets it apart from other capes. The first time I saw someone wearing one I couldn't figure out what class they were! I followed them around on Venus for 10 minutes just gazing at it in awe.

The psion capes are the only others I'd switch it out for, though.

I guess I should wear my Taniks Cloak more often then :p Maybe after I infuse it to a higher level.

There are some very cool items out there for sure, I'm really glad Bungie had this idea. This gives me something else to chase

Tecnniqe

Banned
I figured out the RNG and Strike Exotic drop and whatnot guys.

>Get carried (carry orb nothing else)
>Get Exotic Drop and Coin and the end (nobody got anything else)

Yes please, this is the worst thing.

It won't get fixed.

The part that bothers me about the sprint delay is that aiming your gun to cancel sprint doesn't trigger the delay. So if I just train myself to only ever interrupt sprint by aiming my gun, I won't have to deal with it? Why not just get rid of it altogether?

Top Bottom