• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

SkylineRKR

haven't you guys learned you never get what you want?

Not entirely true. I really wanted Jade Rabbit, and I actually got it. Not as I planned, the exotic engram I had waiting turned into MC (which I also wanted), but the legendary engram next to it just decided to decode into it.

The reason I wanted it, is that Xur will never sell it. Well, I guess he did sell a neutered Hawkmoon like 54 weeks after the game launched, lol. The rest will be there.

Best way to get Hadium Flakes?
2015-09-27.gif
Still need? My PSN is Azys_, throw me an invite.
Re invited you to the DGAF ps4 community again btw. Let me know if you still have issues with it.

Mets9

A quick question: should I buy it? I like the gameplay (tried the demo), but I would be able to play it only for a couple of hours max per day. Also, I don't have friends playing it (well, one, but we can't play together due to work hours). Should I still get it?
I could get it for 50€.

Tecnniqe

Banned
A quick question: should I buy it? I like the gameplay (tried the demo), but I would be able to play it only for a couple of hours max per day. Also, I don't have friends playing it (well, one, but we can't play together due to work hours). Should I still get it?
I could get it for 50€.

Its best with DGAF :D

If you like the shooting and mechanics then this is the game for you.
New story is pretty cool as well!

Get Vanilla+DLC+DLC+TTK (Full package)

zewone

I prefer the Taniks as it fully reveals the Hunter's helmet, lending the class a totally different look that immediately sets it apart from other capes. The first time I saw someone wearing one I couldn't figure out what class they were! I followed them around on Venus for 10 minutes just gazing at it in awe.

The psion capes are the only others I'd switch it out for, though.

I really hope they design hunters helmets to look less like shit since some cloaks will reveal the top.

The only two helmets I can think of that looks good without a cloak covering your head is Graviton and Nighthawk.

Bog Wild also looks ok. Kinda GI Joe Snake Eyes looking.

The part that bothers me about the sprint delay is that aiming your gun to cancel sprint doesn't trigger the delay. So if I just train myself to only ever interrupt sprint by aiming my gun, I won't have to deal with it? Why not just get rid of it altogether?
I also don't understand this. Jumping doesn't trigger the cool down. Or melee. And if there was just some visual indication of the cooldown time I wouldn't have to deal with those few seconds where I'm repeatedly clicking the thumbstick down waiting to sprint again.

I'm a fresh Destiny player and it's already very aggravating. I can't imagine having had to deal with it since launch.

LiK

I do enjoy playing with different raid groups to see people's slightly different methods for the same fight.

eagledare

The sprint delay is literally the great Satan but has Bungie given any indication that they're going to adjust it?

Also, if I could get a Dgaf invite it would be greatly apprciated.

PSN: eagledare

Shito

I could get it for 50€.
Couple of hours max a day is more than enough to reach end-game and make progress in it -- that's how I've been playing this game for the past year. ^^
Also, you have a GAF account, so you have friends to play this with.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The sprint delay is literally the great Crota but has Bungie given any indication that they're going to adjust it?

Fixed and no, they have not. Its bullshit system. Make me go all Fillion on the mobs around me.

Shito

I could tolerate the sprint delay if we had a visual cue / cooldown bar for it.
As it is, this "feature" feels like a bug.

Yes please. No other game can make me feel like my Right stick is broken like Destiny can. If it's not broken, I'm sure I'll end up breaking it.

Did you remap sprint to your right stick, or am I losing my mind thinking that it's left stick? Sorry for being a pedant

zewone

One thing I hate, but I think Bungie added on purpose in 2.0 is that sprint canceling a reload animation adds a delay before you can fire, so you're best just waiting for the animation to finish.

Kills my high level of playing, especially during ogres in Oryx.

Let's talk about important things everyone can agree on.

Like removing sprint delay.
Why is sprint delay STILL a thing?

I don't think Bungie has ever acknowledged the communities annoyance with it. Spare us the constant clicking of the left thumb stick, Bungie.

Strider

One thing I hate, but I think Bungie adding on purpose in 2.0 is that sprint canceling a reload animation adds a delay before you can fire, so you're best just waiting for the animation to finish.

Yeeeeees. Holy shit this is so annoying. I think I actually hate this more than sprint delay

Tecnniqe

Banned
I could tolerate the sprint delay if we had a visual cue / cooldown bar for it.
As it is, this "feature" feels like a bug.
Make characters go like: Ahh ehh uhh *exhausted* sounds
You'll never get sick of it
One thing I hate, but I think Bungie addedon purpose in 2.0 is that sprint canceling a reload animation adds a delay before you can fire, so you're best just waiting for the animation to finish.

The old switcheroo skip animation?

Top Page DGAF Today
5qOTlLr.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's too efficient. I gotta get my post count up somehow.

Just do what Nami does. Post random facts about what you're doing in Destiny.

Some examples:

"Hm, I think I'll go do this Arc kill bounty."

Or

"I think I'll delete this legendary I just decoded from an engram. I don't like the perks."

Or

"I think I'll play my titan first today, and then maybe my warlock."

You're welcome! I'm here to help.

I also don't understand this. Jumping doesn't trigger the cool down. Or melee. And if there was just some visual indication of the cooldown time I wouldn't have to deal with those few seconds where I'm repeatedly clicking the thumbstick down waiting to sprint again.

I'm a fresh Destiny player and it's already very aggravating. I can't imagine having had to deal with it since launch.

Completely agree - a visual indicator, although not my ideal solution, would be better than nothing.

Damn it. My edit was too late :(

Haha I'm sorry - at least I'm not losing my mind?

PuMa

Some examples:

Or

"I think I'll delete this legendary I just decoded from an engram. I don't like the perks."

Or

HAH! It's true.

Hey can I get a re-invite, I feel like I accepted it but I cannot view the community stuff.
The sprint delay is literally the great Satan but has Bungie given any indication that they're going to adjust it?

noted and I will invite you guys next time I have a chance.

I do enjoy playing with different raid groups to see people's slightly different methods for the same fight.
Agreed I also like playing with everyone. Always be down to play with you LiK whenever I am available. Kinda like being a lone wolf and helping groups out whenever as well :p

I left my reset team due to RL issues but I am glad drizzay is still going HAM during reset :)

edit: curse you mobile

One thing I hate, but I think Bungie addedon purpose in 2.0 is that sprint canceling a reload animation adds a delay before you can fire, so you're best just waiting for the animation to finish.

Yes that drives me nuts. I am in such a habit of switching from a weapon and back to it to shorten the reload animation. Being kept from being able to fire after this is so annoying.

Strider

Some examples:

Or

Or

I think I will play Dust Palace for the 30th time today

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah that polygon article seems a bit... much. Relating the human transgender experience to a fictional alien race that biologically and socially experiences gender/sex in a totally different way from humans seems like a little bit of a stretch. It's less gender politics and more alien physiology.

zewone

I swear they're doing this to sell controllers.

I'm on my 3rd controller since Destiny was released, but mine was broke R2 triggers (thanks TLW!).

Now with the Hori, I shouldn't have to worry about that. Turbo is cruise control for cool.

Top Bottom