• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Just do what Nami does. Post random facts about what you're doing in Destiny.

Some examples:

"Hm, I think I'll go do this Arc kill bounty."

Or

"I think I'll delete this legendary I just decoded from an engram. I don't like the perks."

Or

"I think I'll play my titan first today, and then maybe my warlock."

You're welcome! I'm here to help.

sensiblechuckle.gif

and I do love Nami...we tore it up good in some Skirmish the other day

Mets9

Its best with DGAF :D

If you like the shooting and mechanics then this is the game for you.
New story is pretty cool as well!

Get Vanilla+DLC+DLC+TTK (Full package)
Really tempted...50 € sounds like a good price for the full package (retail, which is a little plus for me), and right now I'm searching something to play while I wait for the new Fallout.

LiK

noted and I will invite you guys next time I have a chance.

Agreed I also like playing with everyone. Always be down to play with you LiK whenever I am available. Kinda like being a line wolf and being helping groups out whenever as well :p

I left my reset team due to RL issues but I am glad drizzay is still going HAM during reset :)

yea, RL stuff been messing up my schedules too. I've been in a foul mood and playing Destiny with good people has helped.

Namikaze1

Just do what Nami does. Post random facts about what you're doing in Destiny.

Some examples:

"Hm, I think I'll go do this Arc kill bounty."

Or

"I think I'll delete this legendary I just decoded from an engram. I don't like the perks."

Or

"I think I'll play my titan first today, and then maybe my warlock."

You're welcome! I'm here to help.
That legendary did have shitty perks though. :p

If Luke is lurking, can he please explain the lack of legacy strikes in the playlists? I was so excited to finally get some variety in the playlists, especially because everyone would be required to have all previous DLC, but it's only the same few strikes over and over and over. Is it because the year 1 strikes can be completed so quickly? This is really smacking of the no fun allowed meme.

zewone

The old switcheroo skip animation?

I never used the switch weapon cancel, but I think it's the same idea.

If you dash during the animation you used to be able to fire faster, rather than waiting for the animation to finish.

Now if you do the dash cancel, you pull the trigger and nothing happens for a few seconds.

Speaking of Skirmish...

I need 5 wins in a row, in any game mode, to finish the PVP questline on my Warlock. I need thy light Puma. Hopefully this week :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really tempted...50 € sounds like a good price for the full package (retail, which is a little plus for me), and right now I'm searching something to play while I wait for the new Fallout.

Its a pretty good game this expansion around. They revamped the old stuff into a system that makes sense. Good time to pick it up.
----------------------------------------

I think i will use my 3oC at the start of this Strike.

If Luke is lurking, can he please explain the lack of legacy strikes in the playlists? I was so excited to finally get some variety in the playlists, especially because everyone would be required to have all previous DLC, but it's only the same few strikes over and over and over. Is it because the year 1 strikes can be completed so quickly? This is really smacking of the no fun allowed meme.
Seriously. It doesn't make sense. Get Sepiks, Phogoth, Nexus and Archon priest back in there.

Omnigul can stay where she is.

zewone

The old strikes that got remix versions are the only ones in the playlist.

Perhaps it was too much work to remix all of the strikes, or they're saving remix vanilla strikes for the next expansions to pad the numbers later.

nowai

Little fun bit from last night. Dat Sunbreaker health.

zahHeSV.gif

LiK

I'm on my 3rd controller since Destiny was released, but mine was broke R2 triggers (thanks TLW!).

Now with the Hori, I shouldn't have to worry about that. Turbo is cruise control for cool.

I need to watch that video on setting it up. I need turbo too. lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Agreed I also like playing with everyone. Always be down to play with you LiK whenever I am available. Kinda like being a lone wolf and being helping groups out whenever as well :p

I left my reset team due to RL issues but I am glad drizzay is still going HAM during reset :)

Yeah, I had a set raid team for 1.0 destiny, but have really enjoyed raiding and meeting so many new people in 2.0. So many cool GAF folks to play with!

Seriously. It doesn't make sense. Get Sepiks, Phogoth, Nexus and Archon priest back in there.

Omnigul can stay where she is.

The old strikes that got remix versions are the only ones in the playlist.

Perhaps it was too much work to remix all of the strikes, or they're saving remix vanilla strikes for the next expansions to pad the numbers later.
I actually played Taniks once, but I'm not sure if it was in the Vanguard or the Heroic playlist.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I never used the switch weapon cancel, but I think it's the same idea.

If you dash during the animation you used to be able to fire faster, rather than waiting for the animation to finish.

Now if you do the dash cancel, you pull the trigger and nothing happens for a few seconds.

See ammo counter hit X/X before animation finish, rapidly quick switch weapon and fire. Its also delayed now.

realcZk

due to the sprint delay ive developed a habit of clicking in the left stick 10-15 times rapidly when i want to sprint in any game

wtb exotic boots with a perk that bypass the sprint delay please, they can even be pure str ill wear them

Namikaze1

I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss Omnigul. I rather do Will of Crota over Undying Mind. I think more than half the strikes I did across all 3 characters have been Undying Mind.

Zocano

They need to solve the quitter/leaver issue first, I feel. The difference in avg. completion time in the strikes is the main reason people leave. Certain strikes just take a while if you're a not very good (Restorative Mind). Don't really know the best solution for that (if there even is one) but I feel like they should punish leavers much more.

zewone

I actually played Taniks once, but I'm not sure if it was in the Vanguard or the Heroic playlist.

Now that I think about it, Shadow Thief (Taniks) wasn't remixed at all.

Valus, Psions, and Undying Mind were though.

Yeah, no excuse, just get 'em in there.

Is it a known bug that Scourge of Winter won't show up as Quest Step for House of Wolves?

On my PS4 alt there's no more House of Wolves quest in my Quest Log.

HALP!!!

They need to solve the quitter/leaver issue first, I feel. The difference in avg. completion time in the strikes is the main reason people leave. Certain strikes just take a while if you're a not very good (Restorative Mind). Don't really know the best solution for that (if there even is one) but I feel like they should punish leavers much more.

Im telling you they gotta implement 48 hour bans for leaving a matchmade strike multiple times in a day. Do it.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I'm on my 3rd controller since Destiny was released, but mine was broke R2 triggers (thanks TLW!).

Now with the Hori, I shouldn't have to worry about that. Turbo is cruise control for cool.

Explain please, did you get a third party controller? Is it awesome?!

Sorry if you already said but I couldn't find it on my phone.

Even worse is trying to be on a Vanguard streak and someone (or two someones) leave your strike and it won't match anyone in.

BahamutPT

Is it a known bug that Scourge of Winter won't show up as Quest Step for House of Wolves?

On my PS4 alt there's no more House of Wolves quest in my Quest Log.

HALP!!!

Hasn't it always been the kind of "optional" story mission no one requests you to complete, but is just there?

Many thanks to Spy et al for trying to help me get my first Oryx kill. Turned into a glitchy mess towards the end :/

So anyone have space for me at Oryx? Been trying since the raid debuted to kill Oryx and never had much luck with getting a good team. Really want this done before reset so I don't feel like I've wasted my entire weekend!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Do we know any specific mechanics behind the 3oC diminishing returns? Does it 'run down the clock' while you're not playing? Any specific timeframes?

Top Bottom