• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Congrats Flawless people. It's about time GAF gets some recognition.

If anything Sunbreakers need more armor, have wolfpack rounds like projectiles after each hammer, and have midi like agility along with radar being on at all times. Bow before your Titans.

This is the second time i have seen you write midi instead of mida, why? :p

I believe you do have to shoot him a bit to keep his chest open basically, but yea, its primarily the bombs that do damage.

I think you still have to shoot a bit to keep his chest open. From personal experience, I had one raid where no one was dps'ing after the stagger, bombs were set off, and oryx ended up taking no damage at all. This happened three times in that raid run.

This seems to be a common misconception but you don't have to shoot him at all to keep his chest open. You only have to shoot him when the bombs detonate to make the damage register. The actual damage you do is based on detonating all the bombs, not how much you shoot him. So each cycle gives a set HP threshold (~75, 50, 25, 0).

EL CUCO

I've completed KF six times for loot, and I've done all bosses except Oryx a seventh time for loot. And I've never seen a heavy weapon drop for myself. I'd love to have that heavy machine gun. Looks OP in the Oryx fight against the Ogres.
I want it too! Now that I have Telesto the only other weapons I'm chasing atm are the HMG and Sniper.

zewone

I've completed KF six times for loot, and I've done all bosses except Oryx a seventh time for loot. And I've never seen a heavy weapon drop for myself. I'd love to have that heavy machine gun. Looks OP in the Oryx fight against the Ogres.

It's OP everywhere.

It wrecks in PVP too.

You want the Persistence perk to make it best. (I got persistence) :)

Chaperone quest? How are you doing it? I can't use the TLW for shit now.

I'm with Todd...TLW is a shadow of its former self...but you can still use it. I tried to run the Hawkmoon when I got to the "Get 6+ Kills and 3 wins with a Hand Cannon" but the RoF was too slow for me. I switched to TLW and banged it out quick.

Deku Tree

have the final 3 calcified fragments not been found yet?

where are people speculating they might be?

Nobody has any idea. I personally think there are three HM KF boss challenges (Gologoth, Warpriest, oryx) and this has been rumored and possibly each one gives a calcified fragment

Arrrammis

have the final 3 calcified fragments not been found yet?

where are people speculating they might be?

My suspicion is that they're from tier 3 court bosses that we haven't seen yet(there have been 3 different bosses so far, I have gotten a different fragment from each. You have to use your own rune for the boss to get the fragment, so if you didn't get one that might be why). Although I'd guess at least one is in the hard mode raid in a new area (they did specifically say that hard mode wasn't just the same thing with higher level enemies, so who knows!)

Awesome. That just leaves Zoba's spot if he wants to run tomorrow.

you guys already booted me from flawless team and now you're booting me from reset team?

i see how it is

mcv8KA9.gif

Deku Tree

Are they confirmed not to be in CoO3?

Because if CoO3 is just 3 fights, that's pretty lame.

There are only Grimoire for the three CoO3 that we have had so far... Unless the two death singer daughters end up as CoO3... For some reason their grimoire doesn't pop in the raid.

^ You get Daughters Grimoire by killing them in the story mission (the stealth mission in Crota's End).

Nobody has any idea. I personally think there are three HM KF boss challenges (Gologoth, Warpriest, oryx) and this has been rumored and possibly each one gives a calcified fragment

There are definitely 3 boss challenges, that's what the extra KF emblems are for, in the kiosk (along with the Hard mode emblem). Definitely a good theory about the fragments.

That KF Basketball Court is crazy disappointing. Why would they bother? People don't want to waste their time with that, they want fun secrets that have some tangible payoff.

Lnkn52

There are definitely 3 boss challenges, that's what the extra KF emblems are for, in the kiosk (along with the Hard mode emblem). Definitely a good theory about the fragments.

That KF Basketball Court is crazy disappointing. Why would they bother? People don't want to waste their time with that, they want fun secrets that have some tangible payoff.
That's why you never believe anything that Deej tweets. He trolled hard.

deoee

Chaperone quest? How are you doing it? I can't use the TLW for shit now.

Yes, I'm at 92% now.

I equip this piece of shit when I have my GG or Heavy Ammo then I just camp around the heavy Ammo and kill everything. If I die or run out of ammo, I switch back to another weapon until I've got more super or heavy.

doing it on Mayhem

Shito

A bit disappointed by the basketball thing: if there's no loot to get from it, they could have at least added another "ball" and "basket" so that people could do some 3vs3 matches... ^^

#oryxjam

speaking of the kiosk theres also a shader that says complete the old hunger quest but i thought i already did

guess it comes back once you get all 50 fragments?

Trakan

There are only Grimoire for the three CoO3 that we have had so far... Unless the two death singer daughters end up as CoO3... For some reason their grimoire doesn't pop in the raid.

You have to kill them in the stealing Crota's soul story mission.

forgrim

Kk. I guess we have a static going on now, but I dunno if Zoba is in.

I wish Wicked would join :(

If Zoba doesn't join, that makes 3 slots for Tuesday at 5PM eastern. Anyone want to join?

Edit: yay LiK!!

Hey if ull have me again I'd love to go again at 5pm...its like my perfect time to raid haha

blackflag

Anyone running a fresh raid in 3 or so hours? I need to do it again for the quest. Only done Oryx this week anyway but I need to full clear including Oryx again.

Kaversmed

Anyone else have this problem?

Every time I run a strike I get disconnected as soon as we land the final blow on the last boss. Ugh!

Pics_nao

Does anyone need to do the sunlesscell strike for the exotic swords?

I have all 3 swords on my warlock and close to getting ready to take it on.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Wait, if you have all 3 on one character, you don't have to redo all that bullshit over and can get them all at once?

Can anyone help me with Fear's Embrace mission please? I'm in the last room.
It feels like every time I'm progressing further in this fight, I'm getting killed by some new bullshit that was not there on my previous tries...

That's why you never believe anything that Deej tweets. He trolled hard.

I honestly can't tell if he trolled or legitimately didn't know better. People expect Deej to know every last detail about the game when that isn't the case. I also get the impression he's worried about getting in trouble for saying too much, which is understandable.

LTWood12

No raid tonight for me Colonel. Gonna do NF, weekly, and story stuff on my alt. Wife is sick and I don't think I can commit to a full raid.

Lnkn52

I honestly can't tell if he trolled or legitimately didn't know better. People expect Deej to know every last detail about the game when that isn't the case. I also get the impression he's worried about getting in trouble for saying too much, which is understandable.
His tweet really got people to look even further. It really gave people hope.
Or they just read too much into it.

speaking of the kiosk theres also a shader that says complete the old hunger quest but i thought i already did

guess it comes back once you get all 50 fragments?

Yeah that's what I'm expecting as well. People always think the Old Hunger quest gives the Touch of Malice but that quest line just goes away, it's actually the Hunger Pangs quest that gives ToM.

todd360

I'm with Todd...TLW is a shadow of its former self...but you can still use it. I tried to run the Hawkmoon when I got to the "Get 6+ Kills and 3 wins with a Hand Cannon" but the RoF was too slow for me. I switched to TLW and banged it out quick.

Its pretty much just as good as it used to be of your in the right range and know how to use it. I love it so much. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who still likes it.

I got 16 kills without dieing on elimination the other day while using TLW and 1000 yard stare. Most of the kills were snipes, but TLW saved my ass several times once they realized they couldn't out snipe me and tried to rush instead.

Shito

Can anyone help me with Fear's Embrace mission please? I'm in the last room.
It feels like every time I'm progressing further in this fight, I'm getting killed by some new bullshit that was not there on my previous tries...
Can't help at the moment, but your strategy should be to stay at the entrance, clear adds, and get sniper shots on the boss or machine gun her as soon as you have the opportunity to.
Be careful about her AoE attack she sometimes does, they're will be a marker on the ground to tell you where not to stand; if you're leaving a bit of breathing room behind you that will be enough to easily avoid it.
You want to burn her quick because there will be lots of blights pouring out quite a lot of adds near the end of the fight.
As a Titan either sunbreaker the adds or use a bubble not to die, as a hunter use the bow to clear the adds quickly, and as a warlock I have no idea sorry, probably arc them all down. :D

phen0m24

No raid tonight for me Colonel. Gonna do NF, weekly, and story stuff on my alt. Wife is sick and I don't think I can commit to a full raid.
When are you gonna run stuff? I would rather get a good night's sleep before later in the week runs,honestly. Want to do the 2 strikes for fragments and get the ToM. If you crazies need a 3rd hit me up, if not no worries.

His tweet really got people to look even further. It really gave people hope.

Oh yeah, it was a bad move, no question about that. I just don't know enough to evaluate his intent. It's classic Deej speak unfortunately, using too many words to say too little. His tweet didn't directly acknowledge the bball court or anything else, just vague "Seek mystery O Mysterious Guardians!"

Edit: salty page top is salty. This needs a picture. Also, we love you Deej (even though you probably won't read this).

Flawless Raiders:

CQlho4sU8AQJGIu.jpg:orig

Dave_6

Great, now I can't even start the damn game. What the hell is going on?

I was having connections issues all day yesterday. At one point Saturday night I had to reset my router and it finally let me in the game. Don't know if my internet is having issues or what.

I got kicked out of psn and now it wants me to update my profile haha confirm who can see your activities and trophies, send yiu friend requests etc. Now verify my email. Anyone else have to do this?

Its pretty much just as good as it used to be of your in the right range and know how to use it. I love it so much. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who still likes it.

I got 16 kills without dieing on elimination the other day while using TLW and 1000 yard stare. Most of the kills were snipes, but TLW saved my ass several times once they realized they couldn't out snipe me and tried to rush instead.

Yup. It's all about the right range in 2.0!

#TrustInTodd

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do all story missions for all the rewards, then do some heroic strikes and Court of Oryx. You should be around 290 by then and after that you start with raiding.
Wow.

I mean you're right of course. To maximize leveling, ensure that you have your best light stuff equipped at all times and specifically when it's Cryptarch time (equip upgrades as soon as you get them).

It's just... think about the multiple posts of mine that served as the answer to that question before TTK. We've come quite a way.
Well then. Our very first Oryx cheese.
Not... even close
Hardmode Raid is almost 100% guaranteed not to allow this strategize. Luke Smith said on the PlanetDestiny podcast that the 2 gaze strategy is his favorite encounter in the whole of Destiny.
It is truly excellent. Not a second to breathe or stop coordinating, and so satisfying to pull off.
damn.

Hawkian, I know you touched on this during our raid.. perhaps it will be the best method whenever you start the newbie raids.
Rationally, I know you're so right about this.

It gives you a bunch of leeway and you don't have to worry about the timer. Plus, only one person has to be wary of Golgoroth's orbs (which can be VERY disorienting as they are Taken-esque). That could be me for the newbie raid. It's not like it's cheese or anything, just a lengthening of the fight intentionally.

But.... it's so much more fun to pull off with two people trading the gaze :'[

deoee

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

What a shitty way to obtain this but finally FINALLY got the 100% holy shit....

What kind of grind comes next? I can't even imagine xD

Look at those K/D/A at the end LOL

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3827443747&characterId=2305843009219380400

Kaversmed

I was having connections issues all day yesterday. At one point Saturday night I had to reset my router and it finally let me in the game. Don't know if my internet is having issues or what.

Alright, trying this. Never had any issues before though. Thanks

Top Bottom