• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

todd360

I'm having an eternal conflict. I want to play megaman legends on my vita, but I also want to play destiny.

Maybe I'll just get on for daily story and daily pvp.

Kyne

Wow.

I mean you're right of course. To maximize leveling, ensure that you have your best light stuff equipped at all times and specifically when it's Cryptarch time (equip upgrades as soon as you get them).

It's just... think about the multiple posts of mine that served as the answer to that question before TTK. We've come quite a way.

Not... even close

It is truly excellent. Not a second to breathe or stop coordinating, and so satisfying to pull off.

Rationally, I know you're so right about this.

It gives you a bunch of leeway and you don't have to worry about the timer. Plus, only one person has to be wary of Golgoroth's orbs (which can be VERY disorienting as they are Taken-esque). That could be me for the newbie raid. It's not like it's cheese or anything, just a lengthening of the fight intentionally.

But.... it's so much more fun to pull off with two people trading the gaze :'[

lol.. it's definitely the most work I've ever had to simultaneously do in Destiny. Was mad fun though.

LTWood12

When are you gonna run stuff? I would rather get a good night's sleep before later in the week runs,honestly. Want to do the 2 strikes for fragments and get the ToM. If you crazies need a 3rd hit me up, if not no worries.

I'll be on around 9:30, T will be on around 10. Glad to help you with the ToM strikes. I'll just check in with you when I get on.

Shito

I'm having an eternal conflict. I want to play megaman legends on my vita, but I also want to play destiny.

Maybe I'll just get on for daily story and daily pvp.
This never works for me, haha.
"Just the daily missions" always end up being more than that, because let's finish that bounty / fragment / CoO / quest / oh a friend invites me to party chat!
I need to take all days off from time to time, like today, to do something else... ^^

What am I missing? I tried using the Ace last night while working on my Gunslinger emblem, but I was failing pretty hard with it.

reinforced barrel
snapshoot it from behind cover
weaken your opponents with grenade or snipe bodyshot first
aim for the head

Which sights u like?

Still usin' that LDR?

i'm using 1000 yard stare with firefly.
XoJETWm.gif

Mindlog

The Sunsinger Banner: Do your kills have to be from solar grenades or what? I feel like I've had many kills, but only 5 on my chart. I hope it's not because DoTs don't count.
Can anyone help me with Fear's Embrace mission please? I'm in the last room.
It feels like every time I'm progressing further in this fight, I'm getting killed by some new bullshit that was not there on my previous tries...
Do you still need help? My Hunter needs to do it.
My absolute favorite mission. I play it aggressively. None of this camping the spawn business. We go hard.

zewone

Wow.

I mean you're right of course. To maximize leveling, ensure that you have your best light stuff equipped at all times and specifically when it's Cryptarch time (equip upgrades as soon as you get them).

It's just... think about the multiple posts of mine that served as the answer to that question before TTK. We've come quite a way.

Not... even close

It is truly excellent. Not a second to breathe or stop coordinating, and so satisfying to pull off.

Rationally, I know you're so right about this.

It gives you a bunch of leeway and you don't have to worry about the timer. Plus, only one person has to be wary of Golgoroth's orbs (which can be VERY disorienting as they are Taken-esque). That could be me for the newbie raid. It's not like it's cheese or anything, just a lengthening of the fight intentionally.

But.... it's so much more fun to pull off with two people trading the gaze :'[
Is it lengthier though? I'm pretty sure my raid team has killed him in two phases, and at max 3 phases.

It's pretty fast.
ace of spades > the last word

it is known
After you and Frenden talked about it I went and tried it in PVP.

You guys are right.

This gun feels like pre-TTK hand cannons. It's solid. I just need HC reload gloves.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alrighty, time to give my new Byronic Hero a a workout and put in some effort toward some new exotics.
Is it lengthier though? I'm pretty sure my raid team has killed him in two phases, and at max 3 phases.

It's pretty fast.
First off if you can kill him in two phases, max three phases that way, couldn't you kill him in one phase, max 2 phases holding the gaze?

Secondly we're not talking about your raid team, we're talking about a group of people who have never done the encounter before and may not all have high light weapons. I imagine for a newbie group it will be a minimum of 4 and max of 6, at which point we'd actually be brushing up against enrage.

Shito

It's pretty fast.
I'm with you in saying it's not really any longer.
The majority of the DPS will be done on the first pool, with wol and an arrow, with 5 people fully concentrated on only shooting him.
He goes down fast with the one-gaze strategy, and it's way more safe.

After you and Frenden talked about it I went and tried it in PVP.

You guys are right.

This gun feels like pre-TTK hand cannons. It's solid. I just need HC reload gloves.

Definitely feels like what a HC is supposed to feel like.

I'm using the Steadyhand sight btw. Normally go with the one that gives enhanced target acquisition but i notice a bit more stability with this, which makes it good for follow up shots. Just a preference i suppose.

zewone

Alrighty, time to give my new Byronic Hero a a workout and put in some effort toward some new exotics.

First off if you can kill him in two phases, max three phases that way, couldn't you kill him in one phase, max 2 phases holding the gaze?

Secondly we're not talking about your raid team, we're talking about a group of people who have never done the encounter before and may not all have high light weapons. I imagine for a newbie group it will be a minimum of 4 and max of 6, at which point we'd actually be brushing up against enrage.

First, possibly, but there's really no reason to at this time. You save time by just not wiping and your DPS team doesn't have to worry about running around and not being able to see his hitbox when swapping gaze.

Second, my raid team isn't some special team with crazy weaponry when we first did this strategy. With sub 300 weapons, anyone can do the same.

I don't have a Warlock character (yet) so pardon if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering what the name of the perk on the antlers helmet is that makes you immune to scout rifle headshots in the crucible?

Thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First, possibly, but there's really no reason to at this time. You save time by just not wiping and your DPS team doesn't have to worry about running around and not being able to see his hitbox when swapping gaze.

Second, my raid team isn't some special team with crazy weaponry when we first did this strategy. With sub 300 weapons, anyone can do the same.
i'm sure you're right. I'll give it a shot with the next team.

Trace

Banned
Why does Sunbreaker have incendiary grenades? Nightstalker hunters get the worst grenades in the game, and Sunbreakers get the one of the only two decent hunter grenades.

Play both simultaneously.

okay so a few years ago when i was crazy(er than now) I used to play 3 games simultaneously.

MMORPG on computer
Halo Forge on Xbox
Pokemon on DS

Kept this up for a about a week until i started having sleepwaking nightmares where it felt like i never actually went to bed.

edit: it wasn't pokemon it was animal crossing. was juggling 3 different communities of friends before i said "nope, i'm done"

Calling it now. The Old Hunger quest is related to the Sleeper. It has the exotic emblem as it's quest picture too so it rewards an exotic for it.

zewone

Definitely feels like what a HC is supposed to feel like.

I'm using the Steadyhand sight btw. Normally go with the one that gives enhanced target acquisition but i notice a bit more stability with this, which makes it good for follow up shots. Just a preference i suppose.

I'll give it a shot next time I'm on Hunter.

Using Sunbreaker, I do miss being able to use this gun.

I'm joking. Kinda. I've been through 10 salvage matches, and every match it seems like the dudes with the antlers are taking an extra 3 or 4 headshots to put down.

I'd say it's cause I suck, but it just seems like an oddly specific thing to suck at. Being perfectly capable of taking down literally any other build with ease, but any time a fucker with antlers shows up, I either walk away on my last legs or get trashed.

Kyne

I'm joking. Kinda. I've been through 10 salvage matches, and every match it seems like the dudes with the antlers are taking an extra 3 or 4 headshots to put down.

I'd say it's cause I suck, but it just seems like an oddly specific thing to suck at. Being perfectly capable of taking down literally any other build with ease, but any time a fucker with antlers shows up, I either walk away on my last legs or get trashed.

Warlock have 2 different 'antler' helms, so it's hard to answer your question. One is the stag ( the white one ) and the other is the ram ( the black one ).

Which one are you encountering?

Shito

I did it as a group of newbies with so-so weapons (some black spindles, and some shitty snipers).
We easily completed the encounter in 4 phases with no death and nearly no pressure at all.
If you have wol and an arrow in your group, this is a very good method for people with not too much experience.
I still want to do it with 2 gazes one day though, sounds really fun. :)

sikkinixx

Why does Sunbreaker have incendiary grenades? Nightstalker hunters get the worst grenades in the game, and Sunbreakers get the one of the only two decent hunter grenades.

Because Sunbreakers are the most OP subclass for PVP while Nightstalker is the worst.

Warlock have 2 different 'antler' helms, so it's hard to answer your question. One is the stag ( the white one ) and the other is the ram ( the black one ).

Which one are you encountering?

The newer one. The one that makes it look like I'm fighting True Detective villains.

Anyway, I don't know why these guys seem so hard to kill. It certainly makes wiping their whole 3-man unit with one Hammer of Sol all the more satisfying though, lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I did it as a group of newbies with so-so weapons (some black spindles, and some shitty snipers).
We easily completed the encounter in 4 phases with no death and nearly no pressure at all.
If you have wol and an arrow in your group, this is a very good method for people with not too much experience.
Well, 4 phases sounds right. If nothing goes wrong (cursed thrall/super activation stuff), I imagine that being exactly right even for a newbie group. 5 or a final 6th with a couple mistakes/deaths.
I still want to do it with 2 gazes one day though, sounds really fun. :)
Definitely! :)

Top Bottom