• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

todd360

Play both simultaneously.

VHL68cI.gif
https://vimeo.com/21778892

That is nothing. I am the god of conquest!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Optional cosmetic DLC and free meaningful game updates more frequently > 2 expansion packs a year. Hopefully that's what we'll be getting more of in Destiny's future.

MrDaravon

Optional cosmetic DLC and free meaningful game updates more frequently > 2 expansion packs a year. Hopefully that's what we'll be getting more of in Destiny's future.

This. No idea why people are freaking out, this is literally the best way for them to introduce microtransactions. Look at all of the people who paid the $20 extra or separately for the CE stuff. They're being upfront about it, saying that this will support the game, it's fully cosmetic, and they're giving everybody enough for a freebie or two. I see zero problem with this, at least as it stands right now.

Zocano

If you didn't think this was coming, you are a fool.

I'm perfectly okay with this. It's always just cosmetic shit.

Now let me buy a character transmogrifier

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Shito

They finally do that micro transaction thing they should have been doing for a long time already.
As long as it's optional like that I'm totally for it. Especially if that means better and more frequent updates to the rest of the content.

now, how many times before they add mounts? ^^

To be clear I have no issue with microtransactions for cosmetic stuff, especially considering how bad the CE emotes are lol. If they can use cosmetic stuff to fund the creation of additional content that's great.

Bogeypop

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To be clear I have no issue with microtransactions for cosmetic stuff, especially considering how bad the CE emotes are lol. If they can use cosmetic stuff to fund the creation of additional content that's great.
Follow through on this
bolster the service provided by our live team for another full year, as they grow and create more robust and engaging events that we’ll announce later this year
And I'm happy to have the content subsidized by people who don't mind throwing some extra money at emotes. I could even be convinced to throw some at them myself if they release a couple of substantive free content updates.

But it was always a huge checkmark in my estimation of Destiny's value proposition that it didn't utilize microtransactions. Frankly, I'll be expecting rather a bit more from the Live Team than we've seen so far as a result of this move.

Dave_6

As long as those are the only type of micro transactions they have, it will be ok IMO. Anything else, I'm OUT.

18 whole new dance emotes and only 1 slot to change those into

Thanks bungie for looking out for us

Cant wait for the Kings Fall hard mode tokens available only through silver.

Top Bottom