• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Deku Tree

Well then. Our very first Oryx cheese.

I wouldn't really call this cheese...at all.

Yeah what they did is actually harder than doing Oryx the intended way.

They had to deal with the Echo Punishment every round for not detonating the bombs, and they had to guarantee spawn killing all the Ogres or their approach wouldn't have worked. Some teams still can't routinely spawn kill every single Ogre.

On the boss for the Undying Mind strike for ToM quest if anyone wants to jump in. PSN is MrJellyBean.

Edit: NVM got it. Easier to solo than I thought it would be.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hahaha, that's brilliant! Streamers were still going last night, trying to figure out what you needed to do :D

Now let's hope they aren't trolling as much when it comes to the Sleeper Simulant! X-(

SS is the biggest troll of them all. It does not exist in the game.

Can you not hear Luke laugh at Bungie HQ?

Kaiken

Banned
Yeah what they did is actually harder than doing Oryx the intended way.

They had to deal with the Echo Punishment every round for not detonating the bombs, and they had to guarantee spawn killing all the Ogres or their approach wouldn't have worked. Some teams still can't routinely spawn kill every single Ogre.

I thought the holes wiped after every phase?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Since it was a flawless run, we took the one gazer approach. It was the safest approach as we wouldn't be bum rushed by cursed Thralls if we did more than one orb a cycle. It's as others say, you don't need the Spindle. It just makes the fight easier.

Wow, I didn't even know this. No thrall come out if you only do one orb? Cool.

Frostburn

Don't know if you still need anyone, but I am available. Though I haven't done any of the raid, I do know the basic encounter strategies. PSN: HTVfanatic

King's Fall - From Golgoroth's Lair - 5:00 EST

1. US-Frostburn
2. PSK_Box
3. Ronnoc_2313
4. Dave1988 ???
5. HTVfanatic

Need one more, will be explaining the fights.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just did my first raid with some friends, Vault of glass.

Holy shit was that tough! We absolutely sucked at the Gorgon part! Tons of fun though, can't wait to do more!

Had a teammate idle for the first minute of salvage only to then quit after he died a few times when he came back. They need to do better statistics on players and screw over those people for screwing us over.

Idle time in how many matches. 2v3 is not fun at all.

EL CUCO

I got nothing. Thought they some how glitched multiple black orgre holes in a single or after the first phase.
Yeah, they literally detonated 16 Blights. If one of those is out of place or doesn't go off for whatever reason, all that work was for nothing. They're still running 4 cycles of Oryx and his attacks.

Ikkarus

Had a teammate idle for the first minute of salvage only to then quit after he died a few times when he came back. They need to do better statistics on players and screw over those people for screwing us over.

Idle time in how many matches. 2v3 is not fun at all.
It's just as annoying in strikes as well.

The fact bungie teleports the AFK'er when you reach the boss makes it all the more easier for that guardian to just shoot at the boss and claim the prizes whilst putting in zero effort.

Leaves me a tad sour.

Kyne

Since it was a flawless run, we took the one gazer approach. It was the safest approach as we wouldn't be bum rushed by cursed Thralls if we did more than one orb a cycle. It's as others say, you don't need the Spindle. It just makes the fight easier.

damn.

Hawkian, I know you touched on this during our raid.. perhaps it will be the best method whenever you start the newbie raids.

darknil

What's the best way to level up light? I'm lvl 221 atm.

Gather a lot of engrams, and when you decide to decrypt them, equip your best stuff and start decrypting first the gear that has the lowest value. The value of an engram depends of your current light, so improving the weakest first is the best way to obtain better overall results.

That has worked for me, without the raid I've reached light 297.

Also, gather 75 marks and buy a 280 ghost, very hard to get a decent ghost until you reach a good amount of light. And there's a quest from Eris that is somewhat easy to do that gives you a 300 artifact that basically requires to do Court of Oryx only.

Side note: I was kicked out of the DGAF community. Was there a wipe or something happened?

SnakeEyes

Banned
SS is the biggest troll of them all. It does not exist in the game.

Can you not hear Luke laugh at Bungie HQ?
Considering how invested I've become in the search this last week I'd simply want a Yes/No answer as to whether it's actually currently accessible, or whether it's locked behind a switch that Bungie will flick one day and the quest appears (provided you've handed in your 4 DVALIN relics.)

What's all this basketball court I keep hearing about?
Hidden room in the 2nd jump puzzle of the Kings Fall raid. People thought it had a purpose/unlocked an extra chest etc., but turns out...
4644.jpg

Cool Easter Egg though.

Engrams. Play the story and quest. Then go do CoO and strikes.

Yeah I've done all the story stuff (minus the TTK hard story bits) though still not sure why my abandoned quest is showing stuff from vanilla destiny which I completed already back at launch. I do need some people to do CoO though. PSN: plbelanger if anyone wants to do it.

It's just as annoying in strikes as well.

The fact bungie teleports the AFK'er when you reach the boss makes it all the more easier for that guardian to just shoot at the boss and claim the prizes whilst putting in zero effort.

Leaves me a tad sour.

Yea strikes are the worst since they take more time. There just needs to be a smart vote kick system is all.

JTripper

Gotta do the Shield Brothers strike with shotgun finish. Anyone willing to help?

Does it have to be the person with the quest to kill them both with a shotgun or can it be anyone in the party?

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

Namikaze1

Gather a lot of engrams, and when you decide to decrypt them, equip your best stuff and start decrypting first the gear that has the lowest value. The value of an engram depends of your current light, so improving the weakest first is the best way to obtain better overall results.

That has worked for me, without the raid I've reached light 297.

Also, gather 75 marks and buy a 280 ghost, very hard to get a decent ghost until you reach a good amount of light. And there's a quest from Eris that is somewhat easy to do that gives you a 300 artifact that basically requires to do Court of Oryx only.

Side note: I was kicked out of the DGAF community. Was there a wipe or something happened?
Yeah, there was a purge the other day. Mistakes were made but things should be fine now. Just PM one of the mods to be added again.

Gotta do the Shield Brothers strike with shotgun finish. Anyone willing to help?

Does it have to be the person with the quest to kill them both with a shotgun or can it be anyone in the party?

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN
If you still need it tonight I can help. I need it as well.

Mind blown with that Oryx vid, I'm at 8 clears and never realised it was the bombs that killed him and you don't have to shoot him after the stagger :d

Mupod

The stealth disappears the moment you fire your gun, attack, or blink. Also the double length perk doesn't affect the duration of Vanish in Smoke invisibility.

Aww. I suppose the smoke would still work fine on the Taken adds themselves, though.

Invisibility seems like it would be great on Oryx for holding a platform. I wonder if you could reach the platform adjacent to you with a well placed smoke toss.

Top Bottom