• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

I'm still fucking pissed off the exotic class items from the CE are 170 light and can't infuse them, though.

That's just straight-up contemptuous. Ugh.

yeah that was bullshit

i really liked the titan mark too :(

probably not even worth it though cause they take up the exotic slot unlike the faction exotics

Ill eat my pompadour if they release a free raid. People already paid for tdb and how, theyd be stupid not to charge for them going ahead

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

wha...
Rather than sell big expansion packs like they did last year, Bungie is planning on giving out quests and missions for free, sources say.
instead of selling two big packs of downloadable content over the next year, Bungie is going with cosmetic microtransactions and free content.
Where are they getting this from? The offical bungie.net post frankly says nothing of the sort.

If this is truth and you're radically changing the financial model of the game (this would be making it almost completely identical to GW2's, actually), there's no reason to be coy about it. Say that there won't be any paid DLCs until another major TTK-grade expansion in Fall 2016. That would get applause from me.

zewone

Ill eat my pompadour if they release a free raid. People already paid for tdb and how, theyd be stupid not to charge for them going ahead

But now they're selling $5 dances (guess based off of CE dance emote prices).

18 of them.

They're going to be making a ton of basically free money.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
people hear microtransactions and instantly freak out and assume pay 2 win. When in fact there are already plenty of games that do it well. tbf there are also plenty of games that don't, but given Bungie's own statements on this, and the fact that I have to assume they know better than to sell anything that's not cosmetic, it's fair to take them at their word or at least give them the benefit of the doubt.
case in point: the bonus paid preorder guns are mid-tier eh weapons. and that was on purpose. they do not want pay-to-win, at all.
I legitimately don't expect anything of the sort, and I'm happy to put that in writing to be forced to eat crow should the pay2win demons ever come.

It just wouldn't make any sense, and they did put it in pretty plain terms right there. I take them at their word on this particular topic.

That's what I'm afraid of. If we are getting free DLC until Destiny 2 ... That could mean no raids.

Making a good one probably involves a year of design and testing.

Unless you want more half-assed ones like Crota's End....

Which I guess is better than nothing.....to a certain extent.

kidko

NLepnKe.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just want dance moves which all guardians can used. Not have one locked to a Hunter when I want to use on my Warlock. But I'm ok with the microtransactions its when they affect things like weapons or gear it becomes a problem.

Its like in FIFA series you can buy all the best players in FUT for higher stats and ratings with real cash but that don't make you a better player or worked hard in-game for rewards.

Edit: Oh and give us more emotives for things like - "Hey look at this", "Come here", "I need help" or other things.

Mindlog

I have no problem with the Mass Effect system. I hope it works.
Would like it to co-exist with large substantial DLC though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But now they're selling $5 dances (guess based off of CE dance emote prices).

18 of them.

They're going to be making a ton of basically free money.
Yes, well, they are, but they could ALSO make money from paid DLC. They would sell; I'd buy them without hesitation.

That's why I'm so skeptical of the whole premise of that Kotaku article. There are no quotes, sources aren't named. Nothing in the official post mirrors the claims they're making there.

Bungie/Activition can make a ton of cash selling these microtransactions AND paid DLC.

If they've decided to instead rely on these microtransactions and the enormous nest egg they've already acquired to put out meaningful free content updates to all players, without having to spend any money, that's a straight-up integrity move. They'll EARN optional purchases from me in the form of microtransactions.

I just honestly don't have any reason to suspect it's the case. If it is, I have no ability to grasp why they wouldn't shout it from the rooftops in the clearest of terms. It makes for a much better headline (see Kotaku article) than does "pricing information for Silver will be made available Tuesday, October 13th, alongside the launch of the in-game storefront."

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Is there any reason to run The vanguard 'Heroic' Strikes rather that the regular Vanguard Ones, if your just going for exotic drops?

deoee

Anyone up for the Shieldbros with me for the Chaperone Quest?

Should be at that part after that match and help would be perfect so I can get the weapon tomorrow :v

deoee0 is my PSN

todd360

There should be some sort of tbag dance. They would have to rent trucks to haul all of that money to the bank. Trials tbaggers would love it.

Qblivion

Emotes don't really appeal to me (unless they are super cheap) but you know eventually they will start selling ships and emblems and sparrows and I don't know that I can stop myself from spending money on them.

oh my god. what if they introduce weapon skins

oh no. nooooooooo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
every once in a while DeeJ does turn a phrase that makes me smile. Expect me to demonstrate my ability to "become legend through the power of dance" in our next few fireteams GAF

Trakan

Yes, well, they are, but they could ALSO make money from paid DLC. They would sell; I'd buy them without hesitation.

That's why I'm so skeptical of the whole premise of that Kotaku article. There are no quotes, sources aren't named. Nothing in the official post mirrors the claims they're making there.

Bungie/Activition can make a ton of cash selling these microtransactions AND paid DLC.

If they've decided to instead rely on these microtransactions and the enormous nest egg they've already acquired to put out meaningful free content updates to all players, without having to spend any money, that's a straight-up integrity move. They'll EARN optional purchases from me in the form of microtransactions.

I just honestly don't have any reason to suspect it's the case. If it is, I have no ability to grasp why they wouldn't shout it from the rooftops in the clearest of terms. It makes for a much better headline (see Kotaku article) than does "pricing information for Silver will be made available Tuesday, October 13th, alongside the launch of the in-game storefront."

Well, one reason may be that TTK just released. There's a timeframe for everything. Bungie has always been a company that liked to release free DLC. The H2 maps all went free eventually. It's a big reason why everyone was surprised when they partnered with Activision.

Mindlog

Anyone doing Crucible?
I need 5 games with a teammate or more to get the 'Crucible Nightfall' reward. We don't even have to win!

Top Bottom