• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

If I can do the Dougie and the Carlton dances in Destiny, I'll pay whatever

steph-curry-carlton-dance.gif

I'm getting mad just thinking about a full fireteam doing the Carlton after a dominant round of Trials

Wait people are expecting Destiny 2 in 2016? Unless it's far into production and announced at PSX or something then I cant see it. Year 3 is more likely with an E3 reveal and 2017 release with Year 3 releasing 2016 to bridge the gap.

That's a good match to end the day on.

Ever had one of those games, where you feel like you're damn black hole of offense and just giving away free points.... only to find yourself with the top K/D ratio in the game, and not by a little?

I think I'll let that feeling of pleasant surprise linger and head to the gym, lol

yea i miss those days. It's what made Destiny PvP replayable for me but they're few and far between now and marred by the numerous ever present imbalances.

sigh

I want them to expand it to other things. By all means, offer up ship skins and shaders for cash. As long the micro-transactions remain exclusively cosmetic, I'm more than game.

Wouldn't say that too loosely. Look at WoW now, yes you can still earn mounts and stuff by playing the game but the best ones are locked behind real money. If Destiny went that route with the best shaders and emotes that would really suck.

Wait people are expecting Destiny 2 in 2016? Unless it's far into production and announced at PSX or something then I cant see it. Year 3 is more likely with an E3 reveal and 2017 release with Year 3 releasing 2016 to bridge the gap.

Original leaked contract said we'd get a full release with a major expansion in between before another full release. So if that's anything to go by, Destiny 2 comes out next fall.

Of course, they could push it back, but I personally would rather they drop last gen sooner than later.

I want them to expand it to other things. By all means, offer up ship skins and shaders for cash. As long the micro-transactions remain exclusively cosmetic, I'm more than game.

Eh, the way I see it, Emotes actually take some significant development time between reference and animation. Shaders and Skins are just patterns and textures and then you make sure it doesn't look like shit when you switch the model.

I hope they keep it to Emotes.

Frenden

Banned
God, I have been just way off my norm in PvP lately.

I kept getting matchmade into super lopsided teams where I'd get a defacto On the Bright Side medal and eventually that made me give two shits about doing well. And now I'm just in a rut of underperforming because I stopped caring.

Just in time for Trials.

:|

Man, people always get so fucking salty about cosmetic microtransactions.

I will never understand that.

Once you introduce cosmetic transactions, it's a slippery slope from there. Blizzard started with a cosmetic mount, said it would never do things that affect gameplay. Then they added faction transferring, which does affect gameplay. Race changing, which again does affect gameplay. And then level boosting, which skips huge amounts of gameplay.

SpecX

I think I've reached as high as I can go without raiding at 295. What's the best heavy weapon to take into TTK raid? Anyone starting up a raid with first timers still, or has it shifted to experience takes priority?

BokehKing

Banned
Destiny 2 will probably be next September considering the taken King has been being worked on since before vanilla destiny launched

Klyka

Banned
Once you introduce cosmetic transactions, it's a slippery slope from there. Blizzard started with a cosmetic mount, said it would never do things that affect gameplay. Then they added faction transferring, which does affect gameplay. Race changing, which again does affect gameplay. And then level boosting, which skips huge amounts of gameplay.

I don't understand how any of that offers you an advantage over another player, which is literally the only thing that counts.

BokehKing

Banned
I don't understand how any of that offers you an advantage over another player, which is literally the only thing that counts.
Effects server balance if a bunch of alliance players decide to become blood elves because you know, horde Paladins at the time, situations like that

You probably haven't played WoW. Recently, with Warlords of Draenor, they overhauled race abilities. For PvPers of WoW, this was huge. Alot of the Horde abilities were overhauled and changed, and so were the Alliance skills. The Alliance race abilities were buffed compared to before, so what happened was a good number of Horde PvPers faction switched to be alliance. I dunno how it is now, but during the first few months of WoD it was a huge power imbalance between factions.

And when it comes to raiding, where you can measure numbers, usually if you want to be competitive you race change. For example, during Cata when Arcane Mages were top DPS, if you wanted to stay competitive in a big guild you would have to race change to gnomes since they had a bigger mana pool(And mana affects the damage done by Arcane.). A patch later when Fire Mages became the dominant spec, race changing to Worgens was preferable because Worgens get extra crit, and fire is dependent on crit.

There's alot of minutiae like that, but it was a slippery slope started from one cosmetic horse. For Destiny? Who knows what they could add. Maybe increased drop rate for a limited time, items that let you 'roll' for extra loot, who knows. Either way I'm not confident in the future of the game, I hope Bungie doesn't fall into Blizzards way..

Original leaked contract said we'd get a full release with a major expansion in between before another full release. So if that's anything to go by, Destiny 2 comes out next fall.

Of course, they could push it back, but I personally would rather they drop last gen sooner than later.

I'd by all means welcome it and love the whole releasing 6 months after reveal ala Fallout 4. Reveal and 9328402309 years later release is getting annoying in the industry. I'd love a 60fps Destiny if they could manage it with no last gen limitations. Good servers, private lobbies and 60fps would put destiny right up there for competitive shooters IMO.

I'm confused on the daughters section of the raid. I was playing earlier with some people from Gaf and we were not killing the first daughter in the first round. We would purposely save a sliver of her health. I was told if you kill her completely in round 1, this makes the second daughter harder? I'm not seeing that from the videos I watched though. Shouldn't we just kill her in round 1? And then the other in round 2?

If not, why does not killing the first daughter the first time help? I don't understand that part at all. It just seems to draw it out for extra unnecessary rounds.

DGAF is it confirmed that it is safe to dismantle year 1 exotics? Also I am so down for microtransaction.

Dismantle your dupes and gear you won't ever use. Keep the weapons you still like using in regular crucible, and any other you may want to hold on to for collection purposes. Also can re-buy from kiosk.

ATM vault space is not an issue for me, but that may change very soon with IB, Trials and heroic raid gear added into the mix.

Klyka

Banned
Effects server balance if a bunch of alliance players decide to become blood elves because you know, horde Paladins at the time, situations like that

That's...still not something that matters at all or counts as "using money to gain power over others who don't use money". That's just people deciding to play for another faction.
They can literally do that without paying money.

If a player goes "I don't want to be Alliance anymore,I'll be Horde now" then no one can fault him for that. And if the game offers him to move all his achievements and items over, then again, that is totally fine and no one has gained any kind of advantage or disadvantage that they could have prevented in the first place.

Kyoufu

Did that leaked contract include the delays that vanilla Destiny had? Destiny 2 could see delays also.

Nicodemic

I want, nay, I need the "Well, what is it!?" emote from Dark Souls. It is my, eh, destiny to do it in front of hard mode Oryx.

On another subject, if anyone wants to practice on Oryx, I have the checkpoint (kill him? Preposterous good sir!).

PSN: Nicodemic

Edit: Top of page flawless hype! :p

milkham

I'm confused on the daughters section of the raid. I was playing earlier with some people from Gaf and we were not killing the first daughter in the first round. We would purposely save a sliver of her health. I was told if you kill her completely, this makes the second daughter harder? I'm not seeing that from the videos I watched though. Shouldn't we just kill her in round 1? And then the other in round 2?

If not, why does not killing the first daughter the first time help? I don't understand that part at all.

if you kill the first one, and then fail to kill the second one, its an auto wipe

I'm confused on the daughters section of the raid. I was playing earlier with some people from Gaf and we were not killing the first daughter in the first round. We would purposely save a sliver of her health. I was told if you kill her completely in round 1, this makes the second daughter harder? I'm not seeing that from the videos I watched though. Shouldn't we just kill her in round 1? And then the other in round 2?

If not, why does not killing the first daughter the first time help? I don't understand that part at all.

i heard this too and i've never seen it. just kill them both in two rounds.

Klyka

Banned
You probably haven't played WoW. Recently, with Warlords of Draenor, they overhauled race abilities. For PvPers of WoW, this was huge. Alot of the Horde abilities were overhauled and changed, and so were the Alliance skills. The Alliance race abilities were buffed compared to before, so what happened was a good number of Horde PvPers faction switched to be alliance. I dunno how it is now, but during the first few months of WoD it was a huge power imbalance between factions.

And when it comes to raiding, where you can measure numbers, usually if you want to be competitive you race change. For example, during Cata when Arcane Mages were top DPS, if you wanted to stay competitive in a big guild you would have to race change to gnomes since they had a bigger mana pool(And mana affects the damage done by Arcane.). A patch later when Fire Mages became the dominant spec, race changing to Worgens was preferable because Worgens get extra crit, and fire is dependent on crit.

There's alot of minutiae like that, but it was a slippery slope started from one cosmetic horse.

I have played WoW.

And nothing you just said is a player using money to gain power over another player that said player can not achieve without spending money.

Any player can just make a Gnome character, level him up, get items and then play.
The only thing the player who spends money gets is that he doesn't have to spend time.

Spending money to save time is not pay 2 win or buying power. It's pay 2 not grind.

Daemul

Yeah, I'm going to continue to be skeptical about this, I've been on this planet too fucking long to blindly trust a person or company claiming that they will never ever do something, because a lot of the time they do end up doing that thing.

We'll see where the game is in a couple of years.

Deku Tree

As long as we get substantial content, more raids in the middle of the year, more end game PvE activities, then I am OK with its hat I have heard. I might buy some emotes.

Top Bottom