• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Emotes have so much potential. +1 to a JUST DO IT and facepalm one.

We'll finally be able to see this one

jx2q9K

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh hey. I really came to enjoy the feel of the Hakke auto rifle from the gunsmith with Focused Fire, the one that needs you to kill Cabal. Does anyone know the Legendary equivalent I should keep an eye out for?

Yes, well, they are, but they could ALSO make money from paid DLC. They would sell; I'd buy them without hesitation.

That's why I'm so skeptical of the whole premise of that Kotaku article. There are no quotes, sources aren't named. Nothing in the official post mirrors the claims they're making there.

Bungie/Activition can make a ton of cash selling these microtransactions AND paid DLC.

If they've decided to instead rely on these microtransactions and the enormous nest egg they've already acquired to put out meaningful free content updates to all players, without having to spend any money, that's a straight-up integrity move. They'll EARN optional purchases from me in the form of microtransactions.

I just honestly don't have any reason to suspect it's the case. If it is, I have no ability to grasp why they wouldn't shout it from the rooftops in the clearest of terms. It makes for a much better headline (see Kotaku article) than does "pricing information for Silver will be made available Tuesday, October 13th, alongside the launch of the in-game storefront."

I think this is to buy them time. If they can get a meaningful DLC packaged up to sell separately, they can. If they don't have something polished enough, they can push it to the annual expansion and have the live team throw out an event to keep players somewhat engaged.

Also:

vDNZM1D.gif

Would buy if it places a big smile on my helmet.

I'll take that bet, name the stakes.
I'll buy you an emote.

I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point since my heart tells me Bungie isn't that evil but I'd be surprised if they just stay on emotes forever. I imagine if this does really well for them
and Activision
they'll expand it to other things.

I have no problem with the Mass Effect system. I hope it works.
Would like it to co-exist with large substantial DLC though.

Yes, well, they are, but they could ALSO make money from paid DLC. They would sell; I'd buy them without hesitation.

That's why I'm so skeptical of the whole premise of that Kotaku article. There are no quotes, sources aren't named. Nothing in the official post mirrors the claims they're making there.

Bungie/Activition can make a ton of cash selling these microtransactions AND paid DLC.

If they've decided to instead rely on these microtransactions and the enormous nest egg they've already acquired to put out meaningful free content updates to all players, without having to spend any money, that's a straight-up integrity move. They'll EARN optional purchases from me in the form of microtransactions.

I just honestly don't have any reason to suspect it's the case. If it is, I have no ability to grasp why they wouldn't shout it from the rooftops in the clearest of terms. It makes for a much better headline (see Kotaku article) than does "pricing information for Silver will be made available Tuesday, October 13th, alongside the launch of the in-game storefront."

Stab in the dark here but my gut feeling is we will still get HoW sized content packs every few months with a Big DLC/Destiny 2 in September 2016. Will work similarly to how WoW's content patches work.

So Destiny 2.0 :Taken King.
2.0.25: Crucible Month - October
2.0.5: Hard/ Challenge mode raid. - November
2.1: Free Shit from microtransactions - December
2.2: HoW sized pack - Feb
2.3 Free shit July - April
2.4: HoW sized pack - June
2.5: More free stuff/pre event for Destiny 2 - August
3.0: Destiny '2' -September

Trakan

Oh hey. I really came to enjoy the feel of the Hakke auto rifle from the gunsmith with Focused Fire, the one that needs you to kill Cabal. Does anyone know the Legendary equivalent I should keep an eye out for?

I also loved that gun. Unfortunately I think you'd only be able to get it from a Gunsmith package or maybe the Crucible autorifle with focused fire.

I'll buy you an emote.

I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point since my heart tells me Bungie isn't that evil but I'd be surprised if they just stay on emotes forever. I imagine if this does really well for them
and Activision
I want them to expand it to other things. By all means, offer up ship skins and shaders for cash. As long the micro-transactions remain exclusively cosmetic, I'm more than game.

Unstable had a grey hakke auto rifle that I saw on his raid stream

didn't catch any details about it tho

exYle

If microtransactions will fund free raids then I will buy all fucking 18 of them

ME3's multiplayer content updates were all free (player characters, weapons, maps), because you could use microtransactions to purchase what the equivalent of engrams would be in that game, and that was awesome. Now, while I don't wanna support purchasable engrams, if this is how Bungie essentially generates profit akin to monthly fees to provide more regular content updates, then by all means.

Up: Kotaku posted this - http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-will-get-paid-cosmetic-dlc-and-free-ne-1734800399

Real talk, emotes elevate Destiny to a special place. Can't count the number of times I've played Halo over the last year and wished I could dance after a kill. I've chased after them in any game with them that I've played (especially Animal Crossing).

Sitting down in the tower with other players is what sold me on the game during the Alpha. This is certainly something i've been looking forward to.

We’re bringing Tess back.

We’ve already said that there’s more to discover in The Taken King – and there is – but beyond the content available in the launch window of The Taken King, our goal is to continue creating experiences that will keep the game fresh, fun, and surprising. Today, we wanted to share with you a new element we’re incorporating into Year Two of Destiny.

That's right folks, we weren't lying when there's more content to discover! And boy oh boy bring out your wallet, it has the secret to discovering this fresh fun new content!

This coming Tuesday, October 13th, Tess Everis will return to The Tower with a new look, a new storefront, and some new items to sell, courtesy of Eververse Trading Company. Initially, Tess will offer eighteen brand new emotes. Like the trio of emotes offered via The Taken King Collector’s Edition, these emotes are completely optional, and won’t impact the action game in any way.

That's right folks coming out next week is the exclusive vendor, Tess! Or should we say, "Tess" Run? Hahahaha puns are funny, aren't they? First she'll offer some dances because we know you'll drop loads on those, but soon she'll offer other 'cosmetic' items!

Our plan is to use these new items to bolster the service provided by our live team for another full year, as they grow and create more robust and engaging events that we’ll announce later this year. It has been, and continues to be, our goal to deliver updates to the game. Going forward, our live team is also looking to grow beyond vital updates and improvements to focus on world events, experiences, and feature requests.

How else are we going to pay our developers than by releasing things that could've easily been included into the package or over the year? And don't worry, you'll receive some 'free' updates like the Red Bull quest which is a complete boring grind, but don't worry we'll still have paid expansions for you to drop some more money and some new emotes to go along with it! That's all folks, DeeJ out!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If that article is true, I would like to thank many members of dgaf in advance for being the whales that finance my free content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll buy you an emote.

and Activision
Well, I didn't say they wouldn't expand it to other things. Just not weapon and armor, anything that has a gameplay impact.
I also loved that gun. Unfortunately I think you'd only be able to get it from a Gunsmith package or maybe the Crucible autorifle with focused fire.
Know what the name of the one from the Gunsmith package would be?
Yea if you got a good impact sniper and a good machine gun use those.

Also buy Hung Jury from Dead orbit vendor it infuse it with that scout you're using, and you're good.
He's not gonna be drowning in marks at this moment, lol. Hung Jury is a luxury.

If he has them to spend on a single gun, 1000 Yard Stare is the right call. The sword is also pretty valuable in the raid in my opinion, so he should definitely prioritize a sniper rifle.

Also I know the high-impact snipers are in vogue but shout out to Tao Hua Yuan. Not a good choice for Crucible certainly but it fires crazy fast and is easy to aim, has served me fantastically in the raid.

Strider

I decided to level up my Titan some today. Got him up to 35.

Pretty sure when I hit 40 I can be raid ready immediately once I infuse some of my Hunter rare gear
goodjob.gif
Not sure how much I'm actually gonna wanna raid on my titan but the option will be there at least.

Lan_97

Any doing/up for an Oryx kill? My party failed to take him down last night (first time for most of us). I think I'm familiar with most of the mechanics now. I have the checkpoint if needed.

PS4 LanZero_97
298 warlock

That's a good match to end the day on.

Ever had one of those games, where you feel like you're damn black hole of offense and just giving away free points.... only to find yourself with the top K/D ratio in the game, and not by a little?

I think I'll let that feeling of pleasant surprise linger and head to the gym, lol

I am on board for cosmetic microtransactions. Its the most fair business model from a consumer perspective. This game seems perfect for it.

Top Bottom