• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

BokehKing

Banned
That's...still not something that matters at all or counts as "using money to gain power over others who don't use money". That's just people deciding to play for another faction.
They can literally do that without paying money.

If a player goes "I don't want to be Alliance anymore,I'll be Horde now" then no one can fault him for that. And if the game offers him to move all his achievements and items over, then again, that is totally fine and no one has gained any kind of advantage or disadvantage that they could have prevented in the first place.

Yes but server faction balance, in a game with world pvp it can effect many things, especially queue times for battlegrounds, guild numbers ect

Did I miss some breaking news, why are we even talking micro transactions

if you kill the first one, and then fail to kill the second one, its an auto wipe

Ah. Well a few of us (me included) were mostly pretty bad at it and didn't beat it anyway. We just didn't have the experience but it was good to get in some practice anyway. I would rather just shoot the bitches dead in one round. You either do it right or try again. IMO. Drawing it out was just increasing our chances at mistakes which were quite common lol.

Edit: Maybe it would be tough anyway because we weren't doing a ton of dps. I'd still prefer to just try it in one go though (2 rounds).

btkadams

Fuck this TLW quest. Mayhem Clash is not helping. Just went down 10% last match. How does it matter that you're getting super kills when other people have their supers and kill you right away too?

Deku Tree

I'll stop playing in a split second and never look back if it becomes pay to win, or pay for additional RNG loot rolls, or anything like that...

Klyka

Banned
Yes but server faction balance, in a game with world pvp it can effect many things, especially queue times for battlegrounds, guild numbers ect ect

again, all things that any players/community can influence by themselves, without the developer offering any kind of paid for services.

If I lead the most amazing guild on the server for Alliance and one day all 500 of us say "We are going Horde now, bye!" and we all start new Horde characters and only play them, there is nothing negative about that at all.

Fuck this TLW quest. Mayhem Clash is not helping. Just went down 10% last match. How does it matter that you're getting super kills when other people have their supers and kill you right away too?

Control is best. wait for super, equip TLW, wreck, switch weapons.

I say control because there is predictability as to where your opponents will be.

Did it very fast with my titan

I have played WoW.

And nothing you just said is a player using money to gain power over another player that said player can not achieve without spending money.

Any player can just make a Gnome character, level him up, get items and then play.
The only thing the player who spends money gets is that he doesn't have to spend time.

Spending money to save time is not pay 2 win or buying power. It's pay 2 not grind.

Again, in a competitive guild, it's buying power.

Let's say you have 2 Human Arcane mages in the guild. But for whatever reason, your guild only needs 1 mage. For the purpose of this example, they do the same DPS. One human players stays the same, and the other one decides to pay money to race change to Gnome to give him that edge over the other player, and he gets kept as a raider.

Can you really say that's not buying power? "But he can level a gnome!"...and what, spend a couple weeks levelling him, but then it turns out he isn't as geared as his human mage and oh there goes his spot?

Again, I'm not saying that's what is going to happen to Destiny, but selling cosmetic microtransactions does start that slippery slope. Let's say they release the cabal expansion missions for free, that's great and all. But they put the Cabal Raid behind a $10 paywall, you know, 'for extra care and effort'. Suddenly those players that put down the $10 have a chance to get an increase in power through drops, something not available to regular players. It's not buying power directly, but it is having access to better gear potentially. If the slippery slope continues, this is how it might go.

And that's all I'm worried about, the slippery slope of Microtransactions. It started with Cosmetic Horse Armor, and look at the monstrosity it became.

again, all things that any players/community can influence by themselves, without the developer offering any kind of paid for services.

If I lead the most amazing guild on the server for Alliance and one day all 500 of us say "We are going Horde now, bye!" and we all start new Horde characters and only play them, there is nothing negative about that at all.

...Unless it's PvP. Suddenly if you're on a PvP/PvE server, you have a hard time questing because constant ganks.. Then it's a huge issue. You're simplifying a very real issue that has plagued WoW.

Rainmaker

Banned
It just seems like something that will make a good amount of money and then Activision will be going in on pretty hard to the point they make bad decisions. I never trust this path.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i think the crucible vendor auto rifle, the dealbreaker is a hakke,
I think the crucible vendor might sell one or two. I think I have at least one Seahawks colored one.
I have a Dealbreaker- it doesn't feel anything like the gun I'm talking about. I think I might like it, it's almost like a hard-hitting SMG. But very different. You're right that it's Hakke though, so I guess I can conclude there are at least two Hakke autorifles.
I'm confused on the daughters section of the raid. I was playing earlier with some people from Gaf and we were not killing the first daughter in the first round. We would purposely save a sliver of her health. I was told if you kill her completely in round 1, this makes the second daughter harder? I'm not seeing that from the videos I watched though. Shouldn't we just kill her in round 1? And then the other in round 2?

If not, why does not killing the first daughter the first time help? I don't understand that part at all. It just seems to draw it out for extra unnecessary rounds.
When you kill one daughter the other goes nuts and sings a crazy song that will kill you all if you don't kill her before she finishes it. So if you kill the first, you HAVE to kill the second on the second round. If anything goes wrong on the second round and she doesn't die, that's a wipe. If you least the first with a sliver, then you can kill the second or, if you fail to kill her, get a quick 2 more rounds in to end the first then the second.

It doesn't make her "harder" to kill in any sense really, it just changes the consequences of failing to do so.

Advanced groups should absolutely count on doing 2 rounds total.

Let me be able to buy trials gear and exclusive class items and ghost skins. No more grinding for me. I'll grind at work and have the best looking guardian in the tower.

Eric WK

As long as we get substantial content, more raids in the middle of the year, more end game PvE activities, then I am OK with its hat I have heard. I might buy some emotes.

Completely agree, but this news (coupled with Luke's "raids aren't a promise" remarks on the Planet Destiny podcast) makes me less, not more, confident that the bolded will come to pass.

Rainmaker

Banned
Also, they shouldn't have added light to ghosts and class items because I would for sure buy a class item that matches my damn shader. Or new hair.

BokehKing

Banned

We are not ( at least I'm not) talking about new characters, I'm talking about pre existing high level characters

If 500 person clan shifted to the horde side of the same server or even a new server, that's kind of a big deal

I mean they don't have sites like this for no reason

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Bogeypop

I'm confused on the daughters section of the raid. I was playing earlier with some people from Gaf and we were not killing the first daughter in the first round. We would purposely save a sliver of her health. I was told if you kill her completely in round 1, this makes the second daughter harder? I'm not seeing that from the videos I watched though. Shouldn't we just kill her in round 1? And then the other in round 2?

If not, why does not killing the first daughter the first time help? I don't understand that part at all. It just seems to draw it out for extra unnecessary rounds.

If you kill the first Daughter in the first round you HAVE to kill the 2nd Daughter in a single round as well or it's an instant wipe. Some teams don't have the DPS to do this or if they do they'd rather play it safe with 3 rounds.

FyreWulff

Original leaked contract said we'd get a full release with a major expansion in between before another full release. So if that's anything to go by, Destiny 2 comes out next fall.

Of course, they could push it back, but I personally would rather they drop last gen sooner than later.

the contract has long been an useless tome

Frenden

Banned
Control is best. wait for super, equip TLW, wreck, switch weapons.

I say control because there is predictability as to where your opponents will be.

Did it very fast with my titan

I got lucky and did the Chaperone in four games of Mayhem Clash without unequiping or any of that. I had a hot streak and a few 7-ish KDR matches with my Gunslinger.

A weird thing happened though. I hit 100% and it didn't check the check box. I must have been at 99-point-something and the game rounded up but didn't count it as a completion. I had a match where I went back down to 96% after seeing a full 100% on my quest. It proc'd the next time I hit 100% in the next match. Thank christ. I never want to do that again.

I thought the announcement meant it's Thursday already. I'm so tired from work that I was hoping it was the case.

Either way, hmm.... I just hope they keep it at emotes and stop there.

Top Bottom