• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

$5 for a sex change, do it.

tGknV3x.gif

i totally would :(

In case you guys are curious why Bungie posted the microtransaction news today: http://kotaku.com/ok-here-s-some-fun-inside-baseball-the-story-behind-th-1734817241

Bungie is planning on giving out quests and missions for free, sources say. This will likely involve big drops every few months until the fall of 2016 but could also include trickles of smaller stuff throughout the year.

That means the game’s next paid expansion will be Destiny 2 in the fall of 2016, as has been known for a while now. That’ll be $60.

Well, that's good!

MechDX

Oh hey. I really came to enjoy the feel of the Hakke auto rifle from the gunsmith with Focused Fire, the one that needs you to kill Cabal. Does anyone know the Legendary equivalent I should keep an eye out for?

I think I have the legendary version of it on my warlock. I can't look now since I am on mobile and the Destiny app works like shit on my AT&T data plan.

deafmedal

Looking to start up a raid, only have a couple/few hours so experienced guardians would be preferable... need 4!

1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)

Raids aren't a promise for what?

Basically, At All. DLC doesn't have to include a raid. Nothing was planned for House of Wolves that was "raid like" beyond a initial draft. Arena was added to be something fresh.

I think it's safe to assume Raids will still come out with bigger content releases but now we don't have to wait for them because Destiny has a newly formed live team who will work on trickle content.

I do wonder if this is the death of proper DLC because as shallow as TDB and HoW are I think after I had both destiny felt like a more rounded game. I'd gladly do the same for the same again.

Who else is saving their Gallys? I am, just in case Bungie brings it back :'(

Unless you have a low light character trash it. Even if they "bring it back" it's not going to be the year one version at 170 light it will be a year 3 version at 500 light.

Mupod

Looking to start up a raid, only have a couple/few hours so experienced guardians would be preferable... need 4!

1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)

Short on time as well - got maybe 4 hours. Mupodpsn, would be on my hunter alt but have cleared many times.

Add SILVER to nightfall reward pool.

BOOM!

Nah man I'm not paying 19.99 so you can get the same thing as a drop.

We need a class system in Destiny and this is how we start. Undesirable wear normal gear, high class wear cloths sowed by The Stranger herself because has time for us.

Kappa

Trojan

Raids aren't a promise for what?

He said raids aren't a promise for new content updates. It was part of his answer when he was asked why HoW don't have a raid. To put it in context, he basically was saying that they're not going to churn out a sub-par raid (e.g. Crota's End for some) just so they can check a box.

It was on the Planet Destiny podcast a week or two ago.

Trakan

Well, I didn't say they wouldn't expand it to other things. Just not weapon and armor, anything that has a gameplay impact.

Know what the name of the one from the Gunsmith package would be?

He's not gonna be drowning in marks at this moment, lol. Hung Jury is a luxury.

If he has them to spend on a single gun, 1000 Yard Stare is the right call. The sword is also pretty valuable in the raid in my opinion, so he should definitely prioritize a sniper rifle.

Also I know the high-impact snipers are in vogue but shout out to Tao Hua Yuan. Not a good choice for Crucible certainly but it fires crazy fast and is easy to aim, has served me fantastically in the raid.

Zarinaea-D is one of them, there may be more.

I have a Dealbreaker- it doesn't feel anything like the gun I'm talking about. I think I might like it, it's almost like a hard-hitting SMG. But very different. You're right that it's Hakke though, so I guess I can conclude there are at least two Hakke autorifles.

When you kill one daughter the other goes nuts and sings a crazy song that will kill you all if you don't kill her before she finishes it. So if you kill the first, you HAVE to kill the second on the second round. If anything goes wrong on the second round and she doesn't die, that's a wipe. If you least the first with a sliver, then you can kill the second or, if you fail to kill her, get a quick 2 more rounds in to end the first then the second.

It doesn't make her "harder" to kill in any sense really, it just changes the consequences of failing to do so.

Advanced groups should absolutely count on doing 2 rounds total.
Zarinaea-D is the Hakke AR I use. Not sure if thats what youre talking about. I dont know of another one but that doesn't mean there isn't another.

And for the daughters/sisters...yeah I guess. I'd still prefer to either just get it done in 2 rounds or wipe and try again.

I'm literally done with handcannons and shotguns - LOL

Good thing I will get a new one tomorrow (was it worth the effort? D: )

i feel like the sword and shotgun quest are like "congrats! you grinded your ass off all day today, now take a break and relax, have a beer and it'll get to you next week"

the swords? absolutely worth it. the chaperone? eh.....

Luke's interview with Planet Destiny was really great, except for that part where he said that getting 2 moldering shards for 20 shards was BY DESIGN.

I have not the words.

Why would we? We can just rebuilt it for a shard and 2500 glimmer if need be

Is the best place to harm helium coils for the Exotic sword in the spawn area?

Umm i do not think Gally is at the weapon kiosk o_O

And, yea for me when i need helium coils i just do circles in the spawn area

Edit: you are right about gally, i always forget that you can scroll to the right on the kiosk. For me it's like the other side does not exist xD

deafmedal

Looking to start up a raid, only have a couple/few hours so experienced guardians would be preferable... need 3!

1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. Mupod
4. Mindlog
5. Illiniguy

Short on time as well - got maybe 4 hours. Mupodpsn, would be on my hunter alt but have cleared many times.
Sounds good! Anyone else?

edit: gotcha mindlog & Illini, join party when ready- I'll be there in a min, finishing dinner :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I have the legendary version of it on my warlock. I can't look now since I am on mobile and the Destiny app works like shit on my AT&T data plan.
Dude, respect for the reply. I destinytracker'd you- Arminius-D. I think that's too low impact to be the weapon I'm talking about, though I can't be positive.
Zarinaea-D is one of them, there may be more.
Zarinaea-D is the Hakke AR I use. Not sure if thats what youre talking about. I dont know of another one but that doesn't mean there isn't another.

Hmm. That one looks more like it might be it. Do you have a shot of it by any chance? Thanks!
And for the daughters/sisters...yeah I guess. I'd still prefer to either just get it done in 2 rounds or wipe and try again.
*shrug* Well I mean, whatever? You should of course just do what you prefer with your group. That (wiping and trying again) takes longer than a third cycle, obviously.

Daemul

the contract has long been an useless tome

Lol yeah, that same contract is the one which said that Destiny was going to be an Xbox timed exclusive, but as we all know things didn't pan out that way. People need to stop relying on that old ass contract for their info, it's outdated as fuck.

pantsmith

Anyone up for Vault? Running two first timers through, looking for two more and then we're good to go.

Message me at pantsmith (psn) if you're interested.

Zocano

Why would we? We can just rebuilt it for a shard and 2500 glimmer if need be

Is the best place to harm helium coils for the Exotic sword in the spawn area?

I did a loop between the spawn zone and the area off to the right, archer's line or anchor's light or something. I forget. Was very quick.

FyreWulff

Flayer drops purple orb. Finally got the cloak! Nope. It was a legendary engram. Facking A.

Yeah I'm not sure just grinding the Darkblade strike for my Titan helm is the best way. Just gonna play the playlist and get it there from just playing normally.

Also, got my internet fixed after 3 days. 2 bad modems in a row and the removal of the old analog cable filter from the line and now I have 25MB/sec upload for now :D

Top Bottom