• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lol yeah, that same contract is the one which said that Destiny was going to be an Xbox timed exclusive, but as we all know things didn't pan out that way. People need to stop relying on that old ass contract for their info, it's outdated as fuck.

i wasn't referencing anything other than release schedule, which Destiny has largely adhered to following its delays and will likely continue to do so.

Any chance I can get some good some experienced players on here to help me through the Oryx fight? I have been running this raid what seems like 10 hours with numerous groups and haven't cleared it yet. Please? I know the mechanics.

Flayer drops purple orb. Finally got the cloak! Nope. It was a legendary engram. Facking A.

lol

You're doing the same strike over and over for a shiny class item? I can't do that.

It will drop when it will drop.

That said, if you want to do vanguard playlist, I'll be down for that. I can't suffer the same strike on repeat.

deafmedal

Looking to start up a raid, only have a couple/few hours so experienced guardians would be preferable... need 3!

1. deafmedal
2. Agent (phantom8324)
3. Mupod
4. Mindlog
5. Illiniguy

Sounds good! Anyone else?

edit: gotcha mindlog & Illini, join party when ready- I'll be there in a min, finishing dinner :)
Repost since I'm a bottom feeder :p
Edit: and full!

deoee

i feel like the sword and shotgun quest are like "congrats! you grinded your ass off all day today, now take a break and relax, have a beer and it'll get to you next week"

the swords? absolutely worth it. the chaperone? eh.....

At least it looks somewhat cool :D

milkham

Dude, respect for the reply. I destinytracker'd you- Arminius-D. I think that's too low impact to be the weapon I'm talking about, though I can't be positive.

Hmm. That one looks more like it might be it. Do you have a shot of it by any chance? Thanks!

*shrug* Well I mean, whatever? You should of course just do what you prefer with your group. That (wiping and trying again) takes longer than a third cycle, obviously.

i think the zarinea d is the one unstable was using on their flawless run, check out the video

Yeah I'm not sure just grinding the Darkblade strike for my Titan helm is the best way. Just gonna play the playlist and get it there from just playing normally.

Also, got my internet fixed after 3 days. 2 bad modems in a row and the removal of the old analog cable filter from the line and now I have 25MB/sec upload for now :D

Yea, I've gotten drops without hoping to get em. I was doing the Heroic playlist on my hunter after i got her leveled up, and got psion flayers, which gave me the solar cloak :).

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dude, respect for the reply. I destinytracker'd you- Arminius-D. I think that's too low impact to be the weapon I'm talking about, though I can't be positive.
I'll not have a bad words spoken about the Arminius D. I got one from an engram a couple of weeks back and it's been a God-tier weapon, even with such a low Impact rating.

This is mine.
BpwpchC.png

Playing Destiny for over a year. What brain?
Well, there is that too... :p
But you're not the only one; I've been here since the Alpha as well ;-)

I did a loop between the spawn zone and the area off to the right, archer's line or anchor's light or something. I forget. Was very quick.

Thanks, I must just be running short on luck as per usual. That's what I'm currently doing, have like 160 filaments with only 2 to show for it.

Hmm. That one looks more like it might be it. Do you have a shot of it by any chance? Thanks!

*shrug* Well I mean, whatever? You should of course just do what you prefer with your group. That (wiping and trying again) takes longer than a third cycle, obviously.

Not sure if these help?

Zarinaea-D
Zarinaea-D

Johndoey

Banned
Sorry about this but two quick questions if anyone is willing to answer, how is the pve content in the Taken King and the other doc expansions, also if you don't have a Mic are the raids doable.

Anybody have a raid piston jumping section checkpoint so I can grab the fragment?

Sorry about this but two quick questions if anyone is willing to answer, how is the pve content in the Taken King and the other doc expansions, also if you don't have a Mic are the raids doable.

If you could hear and listen to directions easily then it'd probably be technically doable but you'd be much better off with a mic...personally no I wouldn't do it without one if you don't already know what's going on. You don't really have to talk much but it's going to be a hell of a lot easier if you do need to say something at some point and actually can.

And the PVE content is all I do. The first couple expansions/dlc were meh imo but TTK is much improved. I don't know that I'd call it great but it is very good. It's well worth the price and a huge improvement since vanilla destiny.

Doing a strike with a level 40 and 31 that doesn't know how to beat Taniks.

The level 40 beat the raid.

Stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg

I don't get blueberries sometimes. They do the weirdest things.

Though might be new players who just bought TTK and have not played HoW. There are heaps of newbies who bought into TTK without having played any Destiny in the past, so expecting them to know things like mini-crota etc is unrealistic.

Takuan

Any raids starting around 9pm EST? Looking to get one more in before reset.
I'm down, but I've only done warpriest and the encounter before him. I pick things up quickly though. 297 LL Hunter here.

MiamiWesker is game too.

Also if someone could approve my DGAF request I'd appreciate it, thanks in advance.

deoee

1x DLC 1+2 are kind of meh, TTK is superb in terms of the story development.
Still the problem persists that most of it is hidden in the Grimoire Cards BUT TTK has cutscenes, lots of char interaction and tons of quests.

Raid without mic seems crazy in my book - may be doable but hard because you have to coordinate very much.

Much improved from basic destiny, but the core gameolay is the same which was always fantastic in my book. It's still not perfect but a nice step in the right direction. Mics are practically a must. If you are the only one without a mic and you play with people that know you and follow directions perfectly then maybe you can get by.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for all the help guys. I looked at the gunsmith one again and compared all the stats and I was shocked to discover that it is The Dealbreaker that's the closest. It feels verrry different with/without Focused Fire IMO. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers for an engram with that combo.

I wouldn't mind trying an Zarinaea-D with it though, looks like a excellent compromise.

No need to say sorry.

PVE content (and there's a lot of it) is the best we've seen so far in Destiny, both quality and quantity wise.

You can raid without a mic but personally you will have a much better experience if you use one. Even if you don't talk much, communication is very important for raiding, especially in the new raid where mechanics are heavily dependent on team work.

Anybody have a raid piston jumping section checkpoint so I can grab the fragment?

Yea I have it.

Any guardians on Xbox one want to do oryx? I've got the cp, but I haven't done the fight yet. I can hold my own and follow directions no problem though. Message me, live name same as gaf

Was playing the heroic playlist and happened to get the solar flayer cloak. I'm wearing it, just because it's so unique, but i'm not totally feeling the look of it. The red looks really weird with my purple Graviton Forfeit. The void one would probably look a lot better, but it's not worth grinding.

milkham

Thanks for all the help guys. I looked at the gunsmith one again and compared all the stats and I was shocked to discover that it is The Dealbreaker that's the closest. It feels verrry different with/without Focused Fire IMO. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers for an engram with that combo.

I wouldn't mind trying an Zarinaea-D with it though, looks like a excellent compromise.

i have a dealbreaker with focused fire, you want a video or something?

Kyoufu

Luke's interview with Planet Destiny was really great, except for that part where he said that getting 2 moldering shards for 20 shards was BY DESIGN.

I have not the words.

Yeah, I'd love to have a word with Luke and the designers over stuff like this.

Like I said before, real human beings wouldn't come up with crap like that. Definitely the work of AI gone wrong. Like, Rasputin infected by the Darkness or something.

I don't think you need a mic to raid but you absolutely need to hear your team - at least until everyone can do it without calling out.

A couple weeks ago when i was doing a reset raid, we spent an unrealistic about of time wiping a few sections because i couldn't talk and could barely hear callouts. i'd say most of the wipes were me not being aware of what was going on despite knowing how to do the encounters.

No need to say sorry.

PVE content (and there's a lot of it) is the best we've seen so far in Destiny, both quality and quantity wise.

You can raid without a mic but personally you will have a much better experience if you use one. Even if you don't talk much, communication is very important for raiding, especially in the new raid where mechanics are heavily dependent on team work.

Yea I have it.

Ok, how does that checkpoint work? Would I be able to just jump in and get it solo?

PSN = jen967530nine

Tovarisc

Luke's interview with Planet Destiny was really great, except for that part where he said that getting 2 moldering shards for 20 shards was BY DESIGN.

I have not the words.

Please, tell me that bolded part is joke that you just made and Luke didn't actually say that they made such stupid design intentionally. I guess they want grind to be real if they have really made it by design that you can literally waste 20 shards, that are designed to give you extra loot.

---

Bet this was posted long time ago, but will be interesting to see what they will be selling for real moneys and how it will affect gameplay; https://www.bungie.net/7_Introducing-Eververse-Trading-Company/en/News/News?aid=13672

Yeah, I'd love to have a word with Luke and the designers over stuff like this.

Like I said before, real human beings wouldn't come up with crap like that. Definitely the work of AI gone wrong. Like, Rasputin infected by the Darkness or something.

He did say that the raid is working more closely with others at Bungie to make these kind of decisions better, but just the fact that 20 moldering shards can pull from entire raid loot table, which includes 2 shards was by design and not an oversight just makes me cringe.

I'll stop posting after this I swear...but when does everything reset?

The Raid resets tomorrow (Tuesday)? and what about Court Of Oryx? I still need 1 Tier 3 fragment from the next rotation of the bosses.

Can anyone help me do a quick Oryx run before the reset?

Just need experienced people so we can be done quick.

1) Jignxs
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Top Bottom