• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Woo! One more, and looking to start as soon as everyone is ready. Gathering in orbit now and sending out invites.

1. VincentAlexander
2. Hero of the Day
3. xx_BATMANx
4. iRAWRasaurus
5. churmom

todd360

GW2 uses a similar system and has since launch and they've been profitable. Activision isn't above allowing an alternate monetization path, provided it makes money.

They defintely are above it. Sure this model would probably be profitable. You know what it's not? Its not the most profitable.

Activision is the most money hungry company in the business. Never forget. They will suck nami's wallet dry until its a husk instead of leather.

Woo! One more, and looking to start as soon as everyone is ready. Gathering in orbit now and sending out invites.

1. VincentAlexander
2. Hero of the Day
3. xx_BATMANx
4. iRAWRasaurus
5. churmom
6. androo2300

Awesome. Welp, we'd love to have you. Hero is ready, so at this point we're actually just looking for our last 2.

Looking for a vet group to do an Oryx kill on PS. Fellow Gaffer Hero has tried twice now to beat Oryx, but hasn't had any luck yet both times. I'd like to help him get it killed before reset. We need 2 more :)

1. VincentAlexander
2. Hero of the Day
3. xx_BATMANx
4. iRAWRasaurus

Would like to start here in the next 30.

I could lend a hand.

PSN: Inapplicable

Edit: looks like you're full.

NastyBook

We need an Oryx killer, plz. On a noob run (sorry for not mentioning that, Macello. :p), and the boss (or his Ogres, rather) is giving us trouble.

PSN: GibbShift

They defintely are above it. Sure this model would probably be profitable. You know what it's not? Its not the most profitable.

Activision is the most money hungry company in the business. Never forget. They will suck nami's wallet dry until its a husk instead of leather.

That's hard to say really. Free content updates will go a long way to turning around the negative comments about the current monetization plan. Bungie's already overhauled the game systems to a much more favorable reaction and the actual gameplay itself has always been top notch. Big money in the short term isn't as good as Medium money over a longer term. RoI is a big deal to investors.

todd360

That's hard to say really. Free content updates will go a long way to turning around the negative comments about the current monetization plan. Bungie's already overhauled the game systems to a much more favorable reaction and the actual gameplay itself has always been top notch. Big money in the short term isn't as good as Medium money over a longer term. RoI is a big deal to investors.

I'm not saying its not a possibility. I'm just saying the chances are slim to none. Activision is here to make bank and they aren't going down without a fight. They will make us pay for every dlc of normal size and give us microtransactions for dances and perhaps more stuff in the future.

We might get small content updates for free sure. Regular sized dlc isn't going to be free.

I'm sorry about stomping on the dream, but this is Activision we're talking about here. They would rather milk call of duty dry than give it a year or two off.

Started from no health, got my health back and then managed to kill someone close to 20 seconds after activation. The duration is bananas

Let me tell you about Radiance Warlocks. They can rez on the spot from the dead. That's from 0 health. And they get 100% recharged grenades and their melee becomes 1 hit. Now that's bananas.

Bogeypop

The hunt for Flayer and Taniks' cloaks continue... One hour into our hunt, and 3 Dust Palaces and 3 Taniks later, our only spoils so far is a Treads Upon Stars that went to me when I already have one with better perks...

th3dude

Wow. Epic run of the 290 shield brother strike in matchmaking. Many wipes but we did it. The Chaperone is mine tomorrow!

I'm not saying its not a possibility. I'm just saying the chances are slim to none. Activision is here to make bank and they aren't going down without a fight. They will make us pay for every dlc of normal size and give us microtransactions for dances and perhaps more stuff in the future.

We might get small content updates for free sure. Regular sized dlc isn't going to be free.

I'm sorry about stomping on the dream, but this is Activision we're talking about here. They would rather milk call of duty dry than give it a year or two off.

Destiny isn't yet the monster that CoD was when they put that sequel release schedule into play. Same deal with WoW. It was a monster before Activision started trying to monetize everything. Destiny doesn't have enough of solid hold on enough players for Acti just to put the full court press on everything yet.

btkadams

Levelling up an alt sure is nice and quick. 301 warlock and 289 Titan now. My Titan is almost raid ready after so little time.

They also let Blizzard be Blizzard. StarCraft 2 was announced in 2007 & it still hasn't had its 3rd part released. They can do that because Blizzard has regular income from WoW & Hearthstone, etc. Cosmetic Microtransactions gives that to Bungie w/o the huge pressure of 2 small DLCs.

I think Bungie internally was unhappy with Year 1 DLC & so were we. TDB was short & had a mediocre raid. HoW was longer, but had the what turned out be crummy Prison of Elders.

A yearly TKK with some updated story & Crucible every few months for free? I'll take that.

zewone

fvEoTh0.jpg
You can farm Omnigul with a similar method to Drakis (and maybe other strike bosses, tried Darkblade, didn't work).

3 of us did it for an hour and came up with 0 strike specific drops.

Did get 3-4 legendary engrams a piece and a shit load of blues (way more than this photo). So worth it for weapon parts alone.

Well there's your incentive for a DGAF PvP tournament, just need someone to pony up the prize.

A pvp tournament.

"Ok so you guys get in a 6 man fireteam and uh, you 6 guys...queue up at the same time...press uh...press the launch button right now! Ok. Ok cool. Uh oh you didn't get matched up? Ok everyone to orbit...drizzay....DRIZZAY ARE YOU AFK? YOU HAVE TO LAUNCH. Goddamit. Ok uh, Nami..make a new party and uh...you clicked clash? What kind of pvp tournament takes place in clash? Fuck this."

todd360

Destiny isn't yet the monster that CoD was when they put that sequel release schedule into play. Same deal with WoW. It was a monster before Activision started trying to monetize everything. Destiny doesn't have enough of solid hold on enough players for Acti just to put the full court press on everything yet.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

They also let Blizzard be Blizzard. StarCraft 2 was announced in 2007 & it still hasn't had its 3rd part released. They can do that because Blizzard has regular income from WoW & Hearthstone, etc. Cosmetic Microtransactions gives that to Bungie w/o the huge pressure of 2 small DLCs.

I think Bungie internally was unhappy with Year 1 DLC & so were we. TDB was short & had a mediocre raid. HoW was longer, but had the what turned out be crummy Prison of Elders.

A yearly TKK with some updated story & Crucible every few months for free? I'll take that.

WoW was already making bank though. They made so much money that Activision didn't even really have to change anything if they didn't feel like it.

I do like the sound of yearly TTK size dlc and dlc maps and short quests in between for free though. Just sounds like a dream to me. I just can't see Activision doing that for the consumer.

Let me tell you about Radiance Warlocks. They can rez on the spot from the dead. That's from 0 health. And they get 100% recharged grenades and their melee becomes 1 hit. Now that's bananas.

They're sitting ducks for shotguns and sniper headshots when they rez.

Most people don't stack strength high enough where they can chain 1-hit melee.

Grenades can't be thrown that far and they can easily be engaged by team-mates with a bit of distance with primaries even

They have less damage mitigation despite having objectively worse offensive power

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Anyone want to fireteam up for some Crucible? I need to do the bounty for playing 5 matches in a fireteam to finish the weekly PVP bounties.

PSN = Semedi

You can join me, or I can join you.

Top Bottom