• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Eyeron

Uh oh. Finally got to Fear's Embrace. Anyone need it or wanna tag along?

How bad is it solo for a 290 Sunbreaker?

PSN Eyeron80

lt519

Awesome raid guys! One wipe on the Totems when we weren't ready to start and we got every boss on the first try! Amazing for a team that hasn't played together before.

Maddrical

A quick question, what's the deal with scaling & multiplayer? I've just picked this up and I'm level 22, I know it says levels are redundant, but what about your equipment? Does it all scale up? Does it have any effect at all aside from the bonuses?

Also is there any way to communicate with randoms you meet in the world? Voice chat or something?

Finally, I've played this game bugger all, maybe 10-15 hours tops and I'm level 22. Was level 25 really this easy to reach before TTK or was the XP requirement reduced? I complete 1 quest & 1-2 bounties and get a level. It's crazy.

Stop giving me 310 Hawkmoons!

giphy.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so uh, ttk of Treads Upon Stars seems pretty ridiculous?
A quick question, what's the deal with scaling & multiplayer? I've just picked this up and I'm level 22, I know it says levels are redundant, but what about your equipment? Does it all scale up? Does it have any effect at all aside from the bonuses?
Attack and Defense have no effect.
Also is there any way to communicate with randoms you meet in the world? Voice chat or something?
You can interact with them via the prompt, I think it's Circle to begin with? and then easiest thing to do is view their profile and invite to a PSN party IMO
Finally, I've played this game bugger all, maybe 10-15 hours tops and I'm level 22. Was level 25 really this easy to reach before TTK or was the XP requirement reduced? I complete 1 quest & 1-2 bounties and get a level. It's crazy.
level 20. it didn't used to involve xp at all after that. It's not worth learning about really, lol.

maomaoIYP

Uh oh. Finally got to Fear's Embrace. Anyone need it or wanna tag along?

How bad is it solo for a 290 Sunbreaker?

PSN Eyeron80
The regular story mode fears embrace is not hard at all. Bring a sniper. Hide in the doorway that you spawn in. Snipe the shade, clear adds. Repeat. I've done it for all three characters on first try solo.
Edit: oh wait I figured you should be talking about the ToM version. No idea there, just ignore me.

if any of you need one for oryx, i still need to take him down before the reset. i could help with the daughters checkpoint too if needed.

i got a 298 defender titan with weapons of light and i've completed the raid before. just wanting to clear this up with a group of nice folk. i'm not in any rush and i got all night.

psn: NEONBEAR

Maddrical

so uh, ttk of Treads Upon Stars seems pretty ridiculous?

Attack and Defense have no effect.
You can interact with them via the prompt, I think it's Circle to begin with? and then easiest thing to do is view their profile and invite to a PSN party IMO

level 20. it didn't used to involve xp at all after that. It's not worth learning about really, lol.

Thanks dude. I'm a bit annoyed there isn't a system like Day Z where you can talk to people via voice chat who are in close proximity, but I guess other games like Destiny don't have that mechanic so I shouldn't expect it.

Are there any particular PvP modes that are more popular than others or should I just queue for random ones and see how I go? Quite enjoying the PvP so far.

Awesome raid guys! One wipe on the Totems when we weren't ready to start and we got every boss on the first try! Amazing for a team that hasn't played together before.

Good times. I can't believe how fast it went even with some scrub moments. It really paid off to keep pushing on instead of calling for a wipe if a mistake was made.

Zocano

What's the first thing you do after reset? Raid or nightfall?

Until they rebuff and readjust nightfalls, raids. Honestly don't think the nightfalls are super worth it.

That said, I haven't done a nightfall at all this week, anyone mind helping me?

PSN is Zocano

I will start it and just hop in whenever

Bogeypop

Anyone want to run some Heroic Dust Palace and Taniks for Cloaks? We load up the Heroic playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace or the Taniks Strike we go back to Orbit, repeat until we get the Strike we want for Cloaks.

Anyone want to run some Heroic Dust Palace and Taniks for Cloaks? We load up the Heroic playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace or the Taniks Strike we go back to Orbit, repeat until we get the Strike we want for Cloaks.
You can just pick dust palace off the map screen. You don't need to do any kind of playlist. The chances of those items dropping are the same no matter the difficulty.

Top Bottom