• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Cade

I'd do the first couple checkpoints of a raid if anyone gets one going. I only really have time for Totems and Warpriest atm, though. 297ish Hunter/TOM. Lemme know.

Far from being the first but I got them Malices.

Malices.jpg

s3zg7.jpg

Sorry couldn't join y'all yesterday, internet problems.

Am I insane or did I infer from the post today, contrary to Kotakus article, that quarterly expansions are still to be paid expansions and that the revenue from emotes is simply going to bolster the "live" content like iron banner or more involved bounties and random stuff? I know that was a long run on sentence, but I don't feel like they said anything about expansions like house of wolves and the dark below going free

GhaleonEB

Thanks for dragging me through daughters and Oryx folks. Confusing as hell but I ran around in the right general direction enough to not get us all killed at least once each time. :lol

Am I insane or did I infer from the post today, contrary to Kotakus article, that quarterly expansions are still to be paid expansions and that the revenue from emotes is simply going to bolster the "live" content like iron banner or more involved bounties and random stuff? I know that was a long run on sentence, but I don't feel like they said anything about expansions like house of wolves and the dark below going free

No, there will not be paid DLC between major expansions. The new model is:

The Destiny live team, which has been responsible for the patches and updates so far, has been bolstered with a team to create actual content, not just update features. The cosmetics store will fund that through the next (probably paid) expansion.

From what we know now, you won't be spending money for content in Destiny until next year's release. Among the benefits of this approach is, it keeps everyone on the same content base. It also means the team can manage their content release windows differently, and not be in perpetual crunch on the next DLC window.

Raybunny

Sorry couldn't join y'all yesterday, internet problems.

Its ok, I can do the run anytime since I know the location of them all. poke me when you see me on and you want to do it.

Thanks for dragging me through daughters and Oryx folks. Confusing as hell but I ran around in the right general direction enough to not get us all killed at least once each time. :lol

The sisters for me is one fun fight. The randomness of the "jumper" makes for a quick group reactivity.

That first time where we kinda just threw you in there for the Oryx fight you did pretty good :p

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I have Golgoroth cp. only care about the fragment after it, but I am for down the rest of the raid. never cleared Oryx tho.

Happy birthday man!
Thanks, but I just did that stuff last night. Got up to Oryx and peeps had to go to bed. Was really hoping to start from there tonight. I've still yet to beat him.

Tawpgun

Finally beat Kings Fall. Golgo should be the hardest fight but for some reason my friends absolutely STRUGGLE at the Oryx fight.

I also have a theory about loot. I think every expansion someone is hit with a loot curse. And I definitely have a loot curse.

Still wearing a blue helmet, highest light arms are blue (havent found a good purple pair)

Still wearing a blue cloak.

I ran my first Kings Fall up to but not defeating Oryx.
I ran my second Kings Fall all the way through.

Combined loot in those attempts are

304 Fusion Rifle (shard)
300 Shotgun (keep for now)
300 Handcannon (sharded into Hung Jury)
and 3 Pairs of poots. 304, 302, 300.

Still no raid shell, still no raid cape, still just raid boots.

Not sure if you guys are awake still, but wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who helped Hero secure his first Oryx kill. It took 1 run and we beat Oryx. Definitely the best I've been involved with in slaughtering him:

Hero of the Day
xx_BATMANx
iRAWRasaurus
churmom
androo2300
Thanks for letting me tag along.

When you have a team who knows what they're doing Oryx is no problem at all.

Glad we could get Hero his first kill. (It was only my second.)

Salvage still sucks.

On another note, what's up with the Share button tonight? Mine was taking 10 seconds to pop up for a screenshot and sometimes it would freeze in the middle of taking it. Sony pls.

Hedge

Oh wow, I just read the Trading Company news.
I really hope it'll be emotes only, but the CE class items suggest to me it might be a lot more down the line.

Raybunny

Finally beat Kings Fall. Golgo should be the hardest fight but for some reason my friends absolutely STRUGGLE at the Oryx fight.

I also have a theory about loot. I think every expansion someone is hit with a loot curse. And I definitely have a loot curse.

Still wearing a blue helmet, highest light arms are blue (havent found a good purple pair)

Still wearing a blue cloak.

I ran my first Kings Fall up to but not defeating Oryx.
I ran my second Kings Fall all the way through.

Combined loot in those attempts are

304 Fusion Rifle (shard)
300 Shotgun (keep for now)
300 Handcannon (sharded into Hung Jury)
and 3 Pairs of poots. 304, 302, 300.

Still no raid shell, still no raid cape, still just raid boots.

Young Padawan, the RNG god haven't been smiling a lot lately. Specially when you are 307 touching the 308 and you drop 300 items... Most of us know your pain.

Cade

We're all in agreement that Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are straight up broken right? The reload on melee damage perk is probably supposed to process like Mulligan e.g. 20% but it seems higher than 50% at the moment. Insanely good

Decided to play with my 3rd Char today. Did the story and got him to 40 with a few bounties. Played the decrypt game @ Level 40 and automatically at 252 this time with tons of Blues and 3 legendaries. Got him instantly to 293. Joined a raid starting from sisters. Nothing from sisters and 2x hand Cannon from Oryx. Good news, one of them is 310! Bad news, it sucks?

Might just infuse my 304 Doom of Chalchis or 302 Vendor Hung Jury... Or wait until I can make hung jury at least 304 so then it can max out. Yea, probably that.

Raybunny

Regarding the eververse trading company it seems Tess got fired and went rogue opening/bringing a whole new concept. Seems its only cosmetic stuff. Things like that I am whiling to support if the right conditions are met. Don't like the here you go let me milk you just a LOT more. Either way its optional so you are free to purchase if you want.

Got this video of us killing Golgoroth at the absolute last second the other day, right before enrage would've wiped us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABNDIA8M984

Our first Golgoroth was the same but everything went dark and bam! The grimoire card poped up. What a feeling.

My internet went out for a few minutes and I D/C'd after my 4th consecutive strike where I didn't pick up any legendaries and I'm depressed now.

Mindlog

Thanks again to the last minute PvP crew. We did pretty well all told.
As promised: After all the crap I went through to unlock the Crucible Weekly Bounties! My reward was! A 280 Legendary shotgun that was utterly useless for PvP or PvE. aka 3 Legendary Marks

On the bright side I also finished the Red Bull quest. I will be replacing my vet sparrow with this new one.

Next on the list: Nail Sparrow Flying
At 302 light it seems like everything I decrypt is in the 270s range, never over 300. How are you guys getting 310 stuff from Rahool?
Total RNG.
I once got a double exotic engram drop from 1 coin, but both decoded to 290.
Got a 310 Taiko today so that's pretty cool.

Cade

Not to mention I don't even bother killing stuff in missions anymore. I've maxed my strength and so I'm almost always invisible now with smoke grenades. I don't even have lockdown yet.

I can't believe how bad the raid hand cannon is. No range, no stability, fire rate is garbage and it takes eons to reload.

It's like Bungie challenged themselves to make a gun worse than OG Thorn but at least Thorn had double tap going for it at its absolute worst. Congratulations on topping the already disappointing set of primaries from Crota's End.

I can't believe how bad the raid hand cannon is. No range, no stability, fire rate is garbage and it takes eons to reload.

It's like Bungie challenged themselves to make a gun worse than OG Thorn but at least Thorn had double tap going for it at its absolute worst. Congratulations on topping the already disappointing set of primaries from Crota's End.
Really? Fang was fantastic :(
Also happy reset day :)

Zocano

The reload is hi-lar-ee-us

Raybunny

I have to agree with you on that. The scout is okish same for the Heavy machine gun. Fusion is dreadful if you have a good roll panta or even telesto followed by the auto rifle. The shotty forget about shotty RIP and the sniper feels like a lego weapon. Pew Pew!

I cannot say about the rocket launcher nor the scout since I am missing those. Lets not live in the past but VOG weapons were damm good.

Hedge

Regarding the eververse trading company it seems Tess got fired and went rogue opening/bringing a whole new concept. Seems its only cosmetic stuff. Things like that I am whiling to support if the right conditions are met. Don't like the here you go let me milk you just a LOT more. Either way its optional so you are free to purchase if you want.

I don't mind that they work hard for extra side content to profit off. I am mostly just nervous that it will be, in time, light level free armour pieces that will be sold. Unique gem store armour in loot-driven games just rub me the wrong way. Taniks cloak $5!

However, I know I'm just nervous because I've seen it happen in a lot of games.
If it is just emotes, then I don't care at all. I'd just hope that the actual useful emotes would be free (e.g. "Help!"), since our communication is limited.
If people want 50 dances then let them.
I just don't see how just emotes will fund the game.

GhaleonEB

That first time where we kinda just threw you in there for the Oryx fight you did pretty good :p

I have, literally, never been more confused in a game. I ran it in total befuddled amazement, right down to running in circles around the platform because someone told me to. I was ready to go find the snape next. :lol

Zocano

Hopefully they settle on a good rotation between Iron Banner and Trials.

Iron Banner being a full week of a month is fine but I think even having the two be bi-weekly (and rotating between each other) seems a bit much while alternating months is too little.

420bits

I've had 3 of them drop and they are all infused into something else by now.

Love it. Pay for a game and then get told im gonna pay again another way or stop playing.

Whether you buy any microtransactions or not, there very presence in a game effects the way it makes you feel, and that feeling is a form of payment.

Its like buying a bluray that had commercial breaks patched in a week later.

Top Bottom