• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

5-4 close game we trailed for most of it. phew had some clutch triples.

3 for 3 so far.

i do not like widow's court in trials. everything was snipers.

Love it. Pay for a game and then get told im gonna pay again another way or stop playing.

Whether you buy any microtransactions or not, there very presence in a game effects the way it makes you feel, and that feeling is a form of payment.

Its like buying a bluray that had commercial breaks patched in a week later.

Why? They are completely optional, how will you even know that someone has spent money on it? Considering Bungie is giving at least one of them (your choice) for free you have no way of knowing if someone spent money on their sweet new moves or not so I don't know how it is going to impact your 'feeling' of the game unless you treat everyone differently that uses one of these paid dances that for all you know they could have gotten for free. It is like Store Mounts in WoW, everyone freaked out for a while until the people freaking out realised that since every person had the store Dragon it was considered by most to be a common thing to own and really didn't impact how the game felt or played at all. In a few weeks no one will care about these dances, same as the dances that came with the CE.

Love it. Pay for a game and then get told im gonna pay again another way or stop playing.

Whether you buy any microtransactions or not, there very presence in a game effects the way it makes you feel, and that feeling is a form of payment.

I totally understand the sentiment. Part of me wishes Destiny was just a pure co-op shooter without all of these weird pricing models and MMO stuff in the way.

New dances though.

kiguel182

Well, with the news that there will be free content updates until probably the next expansion I can say that I'll probably not stop playing the game for a while. Such awesome news to wake up to.

I have, literally, never been more confused in a game. I ran it in total befuddled amazement, right down to running in circles around the platform because someone told me to. I was ready to go find the snape next. :lol

Snapes the heroic version :p

So I'm editing a video right now of the Oryx fight. Unfortunately my share didn't want to continue recording so I missed the kill, but...it's gonna be a pretty epic video.

MechDX

Ran the Saber strike half a dozen times and still no helmet. Bungie really needs to do something about people going idle.....so damn annoying.

Got my 4TH Zhalo Supercell. Sick of seeing that gun

inthrall

You've been told that you can choose to buy something, do you get angry at the supermarket when they tell you they now sell white bread as well as brown?

On a more serious note, I'm in love with Rift. I can't get over it, its replaced control as my favourite pvp mode

And 5-4 for last game. Elimination quest done. 5 for 5.

That wasn't so bad. Last game was kinda sweaty. They had a good sniper on their team and i had to pull out TLW when they rushed me.

inthrall

And 5-4 for last game. Elimination quest done. 5 for 5.

That wasn't so bad. Last game was kinda sweaty. They had a good sniper on their team and i had to pull out TLW when they rushed me.

Nice, I ended up 5-12, 17 games of skirmish was not fun solo

You've been told that you can choose to buy something, do you get angry at the supermarket when they tell you they now sell white bread as well as brown?

On a more serious note, I'm in love with Rift. I can't get over it, its replaced control as my favourite pvp mode

Again, the mere presense of microtransactions is a form of payment, whether you actually py for any or not. Its like commercials. You dont have to buy the stuff they advertise, but you still gotta let it suck you out of the experience every time they pop up. And its guaranteed that they will frequently prod us with silver sales and updates talking about new stuff to buy. Commercials. They arent gonna put them in the game and then not bug us to buy them. Nobody ever does, but people always seem to expect it. And it may not effect you the same way, thats fine. Personally i hate commercials. I rarely watch tv because i get my experience ruined so much by them. I usually dont play f2p games for the same reason. Now i have to cause your damn right im gonna keep playing something i already paid for. Im just gonna unfortunately enjoy it less now, and i think its fair for me to be a little upset about that.

Bad grammer because im on a phone.

Theres only a couple of things I'd pay for changing the look/sex of my characters and a robot that farms materials

They've obviously done the maths but I really can't see it bringing in the same amount of money as paid DLCs

And its guaranteed that they will frequently prod us with silver sales and updates talking about new stuff to buy. Commercials. They arent gonna put them in the game and then not bug us to buy them.

You should try not to jump to conclusions, you have zero proof that they are going to 'prod' us with overt messages about buying Silver or the latest dances. Would you hold them in such disdain if it is a one time bullet point that pops up next week on the summary screen when both it and Iron Banner launch?

Bogeypop

I appreciate it, I've got a group right now though! The strike bonus chain, does it actually exist. It seems the increase is negligible at best.

Don't. Stop. Me. Now! I'm having such a good time. I'm having a ball!
Think it might be the rarest of the trio too, usually only see Solar and Arc.

oyTOkgw.jpg

The delay before you can shoot after switching weapons is miserable. Little changes like this are making the crucible worse.

I mentioned the other day that I wish we could shoot and jump while retaining our accuracy. I didn't explicity state it that time but I hope that if this were ever to pass, it would only apply to the first jump.

One of the games I just played had a Titan wearing what I'm assuming is that new exotic that gives them Angel of Light. He spent the whole game jumping in the air trying to snipe from behind cover. A game on Rusted Lands prior to that went similarly when a Warlock was jumping up and trying to snipe through the windows at C.

I mean, come on now...

Don't. Stop. Me. Now! I'm having such a good time. I'm having a ball!
Think it might be the rarest of the trio too, usually only see Solar and Arc.

welp, it's official. I needt he void cloak in my veins nao

You should try not to jump to conclusions, you have zero proof that they are going to 'prod' us with overt messages about buying Silver or the latest dances. Would you hold them in such disdain if it is a one time bullet point that pops up next week on the summary screen when both it and Iron Banner launch?

Thats how it always goes. Always. Thats the whole point. You have something to sell, you advetise it to get people to buy it. Its insane to not expect that. They arent gonna just put it in some obscure corner hidden from view where most players will go unaware of its existence, then it wouldnt generate money.

inthrall

Again, the mere presense of microtransactions is a form of payment, whether you actually py for any or not. Its like commercials. You dont have to buy the stuff they advertise, but you still gotta let it suck you out of the experience every time they pop up. And its guaranteed that they will frequently prod us with silver sales and updates talking about new stuff to buy. Commercials. They arent gonna put them in the game and then not bug us to buy them. Nobody ever does, but people always seem to expect it. And it may not effect you the same way, thats fine. Personally i hate commercials. I rarely watch tv because i get my experience ruined so much by them. I usually dont play f2p games for the same reason. Now i have to cause your damn right im gonna keep playing something i already paid for. Im just gonna unfortunately enjoy it less now, and i think its fair for me to be a little upset about that.

You're welcome to be upset, and I can see why you think its a slippery slope. To me, its a non-issue. I'l give Bungie the benefit of the doubt, and from all the evidence provided so far they won't be betraying that, at least in my books

deadduck

If someone wants to buy dance moves to fund free content for the next year, I'm fine with that.

Hoping the content is quite substantial though, no token efforts.

Thats how it always goes. Always. Thats the whole point. You have something to sell, you advetise it to get people to buy it. Its insane to not expect that. They arent gonna just put it in some obscure corner hidden from view where most players will go unaware of its existence, then it wouldnt generate money.

Mass Effect 3 seemed to do a pretty good job of having its micro transactions be non invasive, heck even WoW's store is out of the way and unless you are intentionally looking for it and you never go into it anyway. And they are putting it in a corner, at a vendor that you specifically have to go up to and press square to even see the emotes. If it becomes invasive like Warframe's store is than I can understand how you could consider it advertising.

I mentioned the other day that I wish we could shoot and jump while retaining our accuracy. I didn't explicity state it that time but I hope that if this were ever to pass, it would only apply to the first jump.

One of the games I just played had a Titan wearing what I'm assuming is that new exotic that gives them Angel of Light. He spent the whole game jumping in the air trying to snipe from behind cover. A game on Rusted Lands prior to that went similarly when a Warlock was jumping up and trying to snipe through the windows at C.

I mean, come on now...

welp, it's official. I needt he void cloak in my veins nao

Oh yeah the Bellicose I think it's called. Not a fan of the midair floating shot either. I do wish I could jump around and shoot with a bit more accuracy.

That's the one I want. I think it's personal choice for people more than the rarest drop since it's the final one you kill afaik. I think by far it looks the best, I still haven't gotten a Dust Palace by the way. Over two hours of rotations.

Ugh, if it drops from the last one then this is gonna be impossible to do with randies. What if they're chasing a different color? lol

GhaleonEB

What we've seen is part of one side of the deal: what will be offered for sale, to support the live team. What we don't know is what their scope is. Once we know that, the 'deal' such as it is, can be evaluated more fairly. Right now all we know is they're going to sell cosmetic items, and future free updates will be more substantial. Are we talking grindy quests or raids? There's a chasm in between.

Details matter, on both sides of that, but getting preemptively upset before you have information on which to form a basis is honestly strange to me.

How much rep from gunsmith rank 2 to 3?

Seeing if I can get rank 3 by this week. I'm almost rank 2, 800/1500... I have 5 guns from this week still to do. Then the 5 this coming week, so 2500 rep - 700, 1800 towards rank 3... Will that be enough?!

Bogeypop

So, since my Cloak Team called it quits and I finally STOPPED getting Dust Palace > Taniks in blueberry rotation. (literally got it maybe 3 or 4 times in a row) Anyone want to team up for Heroic Strikes for Cloaks? We go to the Heroic Playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace or Taniks Strike we go back to orbit, and repeat until we get one of the two desired strikes. Just need Arc Flayer Mantle and Cloak of Taniks now.

Omg I missed 3 fragments in the raid fml... anyone have the checkpoint after warpriest up?

Or golg? Looks like I need one after warpriest and 2 after golg lols I knew we missed stuff there

What we've seen is part of one side of the deal: what will be offered for sale, to support the live team. What we don't know is what their scope is. Once we know that, the 'deal' such as it is, can be evaluated more fairly. Right now all we know is they're going to sell cosmetic items, and future free updates will be more substantial. Are we talking grindy quests or raids? There's a chasm in between.

Details matter, on both sides of that, but getting preemptively upset before you have information on which to form a basis is honestly strange to me.

Im perfectly fine with the premise of dealing with microtransaction advertising in return for free content.

The problem i have is that they are adding it to a b2p game, an expencive one at that, immediately after release. Right after getting our money. They sold me an ad free game and are now putting ads in it. That is my issue.

We all know they waited until now for a reason.

So, since my Cloak Team called it quits and I finally STOPPED getting Dust Palace > Taniks in blueberry rotation. (literally got it maybe 3 or 4 times in a row) Anyone want to team up for Heroic Strike for Cloaks? Just need Arc Flayer Mantle and Cloak of Taniks now.

I'm keen, need me them sweet cloaks. PSN: Sentinalprimus

Ugh, if it drops from the last one then this is gonna be impossible to do with randies. What if they're chasing a different color? lol

That's exactly what happens. It makes getting the one you want ridiculously hard without communicating with a group. Hit up Gaf

Bogeypop

I'm keen, need me them sweet cloaks. PSN: Sentinalprimus

Great! Just need one more person for a Cloak Train, which Elemental Cloak are you looking for so I know which Flayer to leave last for you to kill?

That's the one I want. I think it's personal choice for people more than the rarest drop since it's the final one you kill afaik. I think by far it looks the best, I still haven't gotten a Dust Palace by the way. Over two hours of rotations.

If you have a group of 3 people just go into the Heroic Strike playlist, if Dust Palace or Taniks doesn't show up, return to orbit, and repeat until you get the desired Strike.

I actually got my Void one while doing it with blueberries. They were too scared to attack the Flayers and were focusing the Cabal. Killed all three of the Flayers myself leaving the Void one last.

o_O so I missed 31/32/33 and can't get malice without them >_>

Pls pls pls someone have checkpoint after warpriest or after golgorath up lol

Sniffynose PSN

Edit: almost double posted lol

Great! Just need one more person for a Cloak Train, which Elemental Cloak are you looking for so I know which Flayer to leave last for you to kill?

I'm fine to just to kill the arc one last, as that's the one you need right? I'm more looking for the Taniks cloak but wouldn't mind a Psion one either.

Top Bottom