• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

maomaoIYP

EDIT: woops.

I did the Chaperone strike last night solo. Got matchmade with a party of the two worst players I've ever come across. Void shield psions? Just kept spraying with Zhalo, doing next to nothing damage. Last guy standing in the tank section? Instead of running to a corner to hide, he runs into a huge mob of cabal trying to revive. In the end I solo-ed the tank with a black spindle. First shield brother was about to die, so they killed him with their primaries. O.M.F.G. I left them both dead while I solo-ed the 2nd brother. I loaded up the strike again to find two guys in the boss room, so I got lucky I didn't run into those two idiots again.

Well i'm up for Dust Palace farming later today as long as we all agree on a color.

If there's one thing to get me to keep grinding the game, it's cosmetics.

Great! Just need one more person for a Cloak Train, which Elemental Cloak are you looking for so I know which Flayer to leave last for you to kill?

If you have a group of 3 people just go into the Heroic Strike playlist, if Dust Palace or Taniks doesn't show up, return to orbit, and repeat until you get the desired Strike.

I actually got my Void one while doing it with blueberries. They were too scared to attack the Flayers and were focusing the Cabal. Killed all three of the Flayers myself leaving the Void one last.

Tried it for 30 minutes without getting it.

GhaleonEB

Im perfectly fine with the premise of dealing with microtransaction advertising in return for free content.

The problem i have is that they are adding it to a b2p game, an expencive one at that, immediately after release. Right after getting our money. They sold me an ad free game and are now putting ads in it. That is my issue.

We all know they waited until now for a reason.

I think it has much less to do with pulling a bait and switch, and more to do with clarity of messaging their current release. You don't sell this year's model and next year's at the same time.

I'm seeing the announcement and thinking, a year of free, steady content updates sure sounds better than a couple of sporadic expensive smaller expansions. So what if there is a trinket vendor in the tower? You are pre-supposing Bungie will be flashing that in your face; I suspect she'll be just like all the other vendors, and just be there if you want, and ignored if you don't.

I did the Chaperone strike last night solo. Got matchmade with a party of the two worst players I've ever come across. Void shield psions? Just kept spraying with Zhalo, doing next to nothing damage. Last guy standing in the tank section? Instead of running to a corner to hide, he runs into a huge mob of cabal trying to revive. In the end I solo-ed the tank with a black spindle. First shield brother was about to die, so they killed him with their primaries. O.M.F.G. I left them both dead while I solo-ed the 2nd brother. I loaded up the strike again to find two guys in the boss room, so I got lucky I didn't run into those two idiots again.

I got lucky. Got one random who brought in a friend. Did the last section is one try.

Bogeypop

I'm fine to just to kill the arc one last, as that's the one you need right? I'm more looking for the Taniks cloak but wouldn't mind a Psion one either.

Alrighty, Arc Flayer it is! Still need one more person for this Cloak Train before it departs the station! Choo choo!~
Gonna have to stop the train at reset time since I have Raid and NF plans, hopefully we can find a third person soon to maximize grinding time until then!

Alrighty, Arc Flayer it is! Still need one more person for this Cloak Train before it departs the station! Choo choo!~
Gonna have to stop the train at reset time since I have Raid and NF plans, hopefully we can find a third person soon to maximize grinding time until then!

I have a third if you are ready now.

Hedge

Iron Banner is once a month, right? The next one will be my first. I really like the shader and emblem - I hope I can get those at the very least!

Tecnniqe

Banned
So, since my Cloak Team called it quits and I finally STOPPED getting Dust Palace > Taniks in blueberry rotation. (literally got it maybe 3 or 4 times in a row) Anyone want to team up for Heroic Strikes for Cloaks? We go to the Heroic Playlist, if we don't get Dust Palace or Taniks Strike we go back to orbit, and repeat until we get one of the two desired strikes. Just need Arc Flayer Mantle and Cloak of Taniks now.
Please don't do that, it's a part of the playlist problem. If you are going to farm a specific strike just select it, don't queue and leave if you don't get it in the playlist. It's infuriating for us who try to play the playlists and maintain a streak thank you very much.

Also the micro transactions thing sounds alright. Waiting to see how it's implemented before drawing a conclusion on it.

Raybunny

Iron Banner is once a month, right? The next one will be my first. I really like the shader and emblem - I hope I can get those at the very least!

Also known as LaggerBanner. The whole game tends to lag even raids. In the end its a nicely grinding experience. I left the last 2 irons banners on the side but with the new shaders, emblems & armor I will go numpty on it.

Just need to figure out what weapons I will use. BJJ, Hawkmoon or hawksaw with an Extrasolar RR4, burden of proof or Havic Pigeon.

Guess after all my raids I will focus on pvp once more. ( Le sigh)

Using titan so the taikonaut with the Vertigo been already decided.

Bogeypop

Please don't do that, it's a part of the playlist problem. If you are going to farm a specific strike just select it, don't queue and leave if you don't get it in the playlist. It's infuriating for us who try to play the playlists and maintain a streak thank you very much..

I'm playing with 2 other people. No one is getting "shafted".

So is there some sort of destiny TTK guide for when you hit 40?

Obviously I know to be aiming for higher light etc but I've missed the whole build up to the expansion so I don't know what are "must do" objectives.

For example, I've picked up that I should be smashing out the sword quest and Petra's quest.

Anything else?

So is there some sort of destiny TTK guide for when you hit 40?

Obviously I know to be aiming for higher light etc but I've missed the whole build up to the expansion so I don't know what are "must do" objectives.

For example, I've picked up that I should be smashing out the sword quest and Petra's quest.

Anything else?

Do the quest for getting your artifact, which has you doing Court of Oryx which you need to piggyback on someone for.

Just popping this up again, any chance anyone has the checkpoint after warpriest? I'm missing that fragment number 31.

Oh god also noticed my other missing one is the dreaded scent chest lmao! Picked the best for last it seems

Do the quest for getting your artifact, which has you doing Court of Oryx which you need to piggyback on someone for.

Okay so:

- Sword Shit
- Petra's quest
- Some artifact thing that's in my inventory

I've actually managed to solo CoO once so far (The place where you use those runes and fight the bosses on the lava floor?) that's the only way I can describe it >.<

I feel like such a noob. Went from sherpa'ing people through the past 2 expansions to being like hurrrrr durrrr u wot m8. :p

maomaoIYP

Paging Zoba!
And a general PSA: in trials, consider taking boots with increased RL ammo and Truth. You get 2 rockets with The Vertigo no matter what, but with Truth you will get 4. Also if you reload after the first shot, you will get tripod on your Truth for some reason.

GutZ31

Okay so:

- Sword Shit
- Petra's quest
- Some artifact thing that's in my inventory

I've actually managed to solo CoO once so far (The place where you use those runes and fight the bosses on the lava floor?) that's the only way I can describe it >.<

I feel like such a noob. Went from sherpa'ing people through the past 2 expansions to being like hurrrrr durrrr u wot m8. :p
Lol, a lot has changed, as well as nothing at all.
As for court of oryx, tier 1 reciprocal runes are easy mode bosses.
Tier 2 stolen runes have 2 bosses randomly picked from the tier 1 bosses, with higher light levels to boot.
Tier 3 are antiquated runes, and have a unique boss for the week, with basically no way to solo in my tests.

Is it normal to have a hard time completing The Taken War quests?
Seems like I'm out of luck with randoms because I still haven't managed to find a decent group of people in the same area to take down the Taken Champions. :(
Either I'm alone and they wreck the hell out of me
Or people are just going "haha, yea...no, I'm gonna pass *whizzes away on his speeder*"
Guess I'll have to LFG here for some DGAF guardians to help me out on that because this is getting frustrating... >(
Also, got to lvl 286. Good enough for King's Fall?

Paging Zoba!
And a general PSA: in trials, consider taking boots with increased RL ammo and Truth. You get 2 rockets with The Vertigo no matter what, but with Truth you will get 4. Also if you reload after the first shot, you will get tripod on your Truth for some reason.

So you're telling me the days of sweating to Truth for heavy rounds are back?

smh

Ok! Uploading pretty awesome montage video!

Paging Zoba!

That's because The Truth is meta, it's in fact a liar. That's why it has 3 rockets.

Bogeypop

Am I going to die today?...

MERrfOn.jpg

Top Bottom