• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

Ive gotten an exotic each time :/

Its actually not a bad activity for people that cant play often and run out of coins on the regular

RNG can be cruel mistress and favors very few.

Sure it's still nice activity to clear in hopes of freeby exotics, but when comparing Y2 version to Y1 one it's obvious NFall got nerfhammered. Getting anything worthwhile from there now is way too rare when looking at large pool of people, it gives no reputation anymore [why the fuck not?] and XP buff is gone/ded.

Even as player with not that much time to play I wouldn't bother with NFall if that week's strike and/or affixes make run difficult or long.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wow some of those VOG ghosts were stashed! How did anyone even find them?!

giphy.gif

Upon reset :D

I have no faith at all that Bungie will deliver us quality free additional CONTENT. They promised to fix the queens PvE shit last year and never did, and each expansion gave us barely anything new for the price. 97% of the things they've given us so far since Sept 2014 have been obvious QOL fixes, many to fix things that never should have been in the game to begin with. Double the vault storage? OMG THX BUNGIE U THE BEST EVER.

BUT, at least this way players can keep playing and see what they come up with without investing $30 every 3 months on a DLC. The cynic in me thinks they are moving to this pay model solely because they don't have the content to support additional DLCs and that they are focusing towards Destiny 2.

Quality non-content.
Lets see what they do before we jump ship and start fishing with dynamite.

Any other DGAF member probably going to buy every single microtransaction possible? Hopefully it won't be stuff like: increased vault space, increased character limits--those things should be free for everyone.

When I was younger I always wanted to play WoW--it just seemed like people had so much fun in it but I felt as if I was already too far behind to join the game and the financial barrier was too high for a middle schooler. Now that I am working full time and graduated college I can spend all the money I want on stupid in game items.

So now that the dust has settled on TTK what are the top 3 weapons now?

Is there a new 'Gjally"?

Hum... good question...

i'd say:

1) Solar Sword (PVE) or Arc Sword (PVP).
2) Touch of Malice for Daughters+Oryx.

And that's it.

Everuthing is kind of balanced. No one gun has been considered too OP so far.

E92 M3

Any other DGAF member probably going to buy every single microtransaction possible? Hopefully it won't be stuff like: increased vault space, increased character limits--those things should be free for everyone.

When I was younger I always wanted to play WoW--it just seemed like people had so much fun in it but I felt as if I was already too far behind to join the game and the financial barrier was too high for a middle schooler. Now that I am working full time and graduated college I can spend all the money I want on stupid in game items.

I'll buy everything I find cool.

Tecnniqe

Banned

As long as its optional and not optimal.

Ill stick by that.

Deku Tree

Finally got a Telesto... At 290.. Wasn't planning on using it anyway... The collector in me is happy to have it unlocked though. Now only need Supercell from RNG.

BUT, at least this way players can keep playing and see what they come up with without investing $30 every 3 months on a DLC. The cynic in me thinks they are moving to this pay model solely because they don't have the content to support additional DLCs and that they are focusing towards Destiny 2.

eh, i have no problem paying 20$ every few months to get something new to play with in Destiny. As long as it's truly new and fun to play.

This new scheme seems like we will only see a 40$ expansion next august and just small "Queens bounty" style missions in between updates.

X-Frame

I likely will. I want the 3 CE emotes but I don't want to pay for the $20 CE add-on because I don't think those 3 emotes are worth the $20 as the class items are worthless (despite looking really cool but they can't be infused and I think they take up the exotic armor slot?) and I think there are class-exclusive shaders that can't be shared among other classes? Not sure though.

I doubt those CE emotes will be sold separately, but I'll bet some of the new ones will be really good too.

Cade

Thanks for the painless NF guys! Nice Last Word :mad: I haven't gotten shit from NFs since TTK...

Also, that Exotic Engram decrypted into the second 290 Light Beyond Nemesis of the two exotic helmet engrams I've decrypted since breaking 300.

sigh

Frostburn

Happy Reset day GAF, I'm down to raid if any groups are forming today let me know.

Doing the Daily heroic now to nab those 3 ghosts, come join me!

Future

The nightfall hate is silly

You only need to do it once a week. Why not?

Because there is no guarantees reward. Before, even if you only got some strange coins, At least the xp buff was guaranteed. Going through the effort to make a group, deal with the epic shields and burns now just is not worth it

It feels like they still got a few mean designers there. Since we don't kick you to orbit anymore, you don't deserve anything!

Afrocious

I can already tell you all that I'm going to buy every dance Bungie makes. They better be funny dances too. Naughty Dog let me do the Dougie in Uncharted 3 and nothing has topped that.

Also, I'm hoping they follow a decent schedule for PvE stuff.

Bradach

That settles it. I'm going to put more effort into that sword quest. I chose the solar one as my legendary and I'm working on crucible kills at the moment but they're slow going. I'm not great in PvP and beating people to death with the hilt is harder than it sounds!

I missed the two opportunities for the black spindle before but I won't make that mistake again!

KZObsessed

Im lacking destiny players on my friends list if anyone wants to add me for some raids and what not, feel free.

Oh I'm in UK so times might be an issue.

PSN: FFObsessed

GutZ31

That settles it. I'm going to put more effort into that sword quest. I chose the solar one as my legendary and I'm working on crucible kills at the moment but they're slow going. I'm not great in PvP and beating people to death with the hilt is harder than it sounds!

I missed the two opportunities for the black spindle before but I won't make that mistake again!

Mayhem is your friend.

Deku Tree

All the best dances are going to be locked behind MTs. Believe that.

This is the problem with selling shaders, and sparrows, and armor skins behind MCs... Then they start putting 100% of the best looking stuff behind the pay wall.

Afrocious

Classic 6v6 is the way to go.

No, there will not be paid DLC between major expansions. The new model is:

The Destiny live team, which has been responsible for the patches and updates so far, has been bolstered with a team to create actual content, not just update features. The cosmetics store will fund that through the next (probably paid) expansion.

From what we know now, you won't be spending money for content in Destiny until next year's release. Among the benefits of this approach is, it keeps everyone on the same content base. It also means the team can manage their content release windows differently, and not be in perpetual crunch on the next DLC window.

The other advantage this gives the players is time. If they want us to have diversify our loadouts and optimize, we need time to get gear, to find different playstyles, to get that drop we want. We need time to complete the quests. A new expansion every 3-5 months was brutal on Bungie, I'm sure, but it also was a crunch for players. Every 3-5 months all your gear is invalidated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt harried to get it all done. Get to max level. Get that loot. Check those boxes. Now we can breathe.

I bet Hard Raid won't come til November. And then in a month, the Warpriest Challenge, followed by the Golgoroth Challenge, etc.

I also think that as a community, we don't want another Year One-style DLC, which did have its merits. It wasn't up to Bungie's Standards. DLC1 had a mediocre campaign & was super-short. DLC2 didn't even have a raid, and Prison of Elders went stale so fast I started getting into Crucible. Me. Getting into PvP. Madness. (It turned out to be a good thing).

A yearly (or a tick-tock big fall/small spring) DLC with periodic Queen's Wrath-styled events, Raid Challenges, Crucible Maps, Seasonal Vendors, whatever else they dream up. That sounds great.

E92 M3

This is the problem with selling shaders, and sparrows, and armor skins behind MCs... Then they start putting 100% of the best looking stuff behind the pay wall.

The raid stuff will generally be coolest I think.

Tovarisc

Oh you can be 100% sure that all best looking stuff [emotes, shaders, sparrows, ships etc.] will be put behind paywall asap. Want that actually full black shader without derpy shapes mixed in with different colors? Pay up!

I thought you get to choose whatever 2 emotes you want for free?

Unless you mean they will release some shitty emotes for now and save the good ones for later so everyone buys them. Maybe save one of those free ones?

Oh you can be 100% sure that all best looking stuff [emotes, shaders, sparrows, ships etc.] will be put behind paywall asap. Want that actually full black shader without derpy shapes mixed in with different colors? Pay up!

don't forget the Nightfall XP buff that will be rebranded as Guardian Premium that costs 9.99$ a month! (as seen in all F2P games) :D

Deku Tree

Doing another quick daily story.
Going for the ghosts and the alternate path.
I can show you where to go.
Just jump in and don't kill any vex at the start.

EL CUCO

At this point, I'm so knee deep into Destiny that it's actually saved me money from splurging on other games I otherwise would've probably played once.

Got no problems supporting this game by buying the stuff I think is cool, as long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

Top Bottom