• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Homeboyd

Here's the problem with Nightfall rewards explained in one picture.

CQo2c0pU8AA1CNK.jpg:large
lol @ that rune drop. That's been my drop from Oryx twice now with moldering shards.

I have like 7 antiquated runes now and don't want any of them. Such a shit reward.

lol @ that rune drop. That's been my drop from Oryx twice now with moldering shards.

I have like 7 antiquated runes now and don't want any of them. Such a shit reward.

i thought rune would be the best one of those, relatively easy to cash in as a guaranteed legendary drop in court?

Afrocious

i thought rune would be the best one of those, relatively easy to cash in as a guaranteed legendary drop in court?

Who cares about legendaries when you can use Strange Coins or Three of Coins to get Exotics?

I know folks don't like Strange Coins as NF drops, and I agree it's annoying, but it's nowhere as bad as getting an Antiquated Rune. Nowhere at all.

Homeboyd

Legendaries drop all the time now from everywhere and only differ from blues now in that they offer another perk. Blues are often higher light than legendaries anyways. Are legendaries even guaranteed in a CoO tier 3 other than an artifact you usually get (which for people who raid a lot, these are useless except for infusion fodder for alts who haven't raided).

Antiquated runes are a horrible drop. Oh boy, I did a nightfall that allows me access to ANOTHER boss fight that no one wants to do since they already have their tier 3 fragments, and I'll end up with a purple artifact at 280 light and 2 blue items at 260 and 273 respectively. Terrible drop.

Oh and they don't stack in your inventory so when you have 6-7 like me, you just have to start sharding them.

I completed the PVP questline to unlock Shaxx's bounties last night. HUGE shoutout to Todd and Rene for helping me finish that. I was all set to show off my Red Death skills...and then Todd and Rene just wrecked everything because they're so boss.

Here's the problem with Nightfall rewards explained in one picture.

CQo2c0pU8AA1CNK.jpg:large

Rune drops are basically a kick in the teeth, the absolute worst nightfall reward and something you can get from a random chest in the raid. I'd say that getting 5 3oC's/strange coins is better than a crap legendary though.

Nightfall gave me a 310 Alpha Lupi while I was wearing... a 310 Alpha Lupi. Thanks, smart loot! Shit was easy as hell though.

Lol i had the EXACT same thing happen to me as a Titan wearing a 290 Alpha Lupi on a lvl 36 strike... dropped a purple... decrypted into a 290 Alpha Lupi while wearing it.

After all the duplicates we're all seeing and such... is it confirmed that Bungie really initiated their "smart loot" yet? I'd believe it if someone told me they didn't b/c that shit is broke.

realcZk

...at least that tier 3 rune looks precharged?

Yeah, if you get it from a NF it's already charged. So, your NF reward is a ticket to a light level 300 boss fight that often requires a fireteam / getting lucky in patrol to beat (if you are lucky enough to join a patrol instance thats NOT empty), only to get blue engrams in return.

PuMa

I completed the PVP questline to unlock Shaxx's bounties last night. HUGE shoutout to Todd and Rene for helping me finish that. I was all set to show off my Red Death skills...and then Todd and Rene just wrecked everything because they're so boss.

Good stuff!

EL CUCO

Yeah, if you get it from a NF it's already charged. So, your NF reward is a ticket to a light level 300 boss fight that often requires a fireteam / getting lucky in patrol to beat, only to get blue engrams in return.
This.

Teeth, meet kick.

Homeboyd

Court of Oryx drops arent anything to write home about either really
lol yeah that's my whole point

CoO is pretty useless once you get all your characters above 300 and have the fragments. 0 reason to return ever.

And yet... nightfall and oryx will continue dropping them forever! Who thought an antiquated rune was a good idea as a drop from oryx or nightfall? WHO?

Lnkn52

These phone video cams. We live in a world where we can upload video to any social media outlet straight from our consoles.

Lol i had the EXACT same thing happen to me as a Titan wearing a 290 Alpha Lupi on a lvl 36 strike... dropped a purple... decrypted into a 290 Alpha Lupi while wearing it.

After all the duplicates we're all seeing and such... is it confirmed that Bungie really initiated their "smart loot" yet? I'd believe it if someone told me they didn't b/c that shit is broke.
Luke said in this very thread (or the one preceding it) that there's no such thing as smart loot.

Good stuff!

Haha. I felt like such a scrub. I am still having trouble finding my footing in PvP with the new guns. My most consistent weapon is my stormcaller Super lol

Meanwhile, Rene is just dropping fools with the Suros and Sniper and Todd is showing me how badass he is with the Chaperone.

I'm like...pewpew with my Red Death and getting wasted.

Fresh KF raid. Need 3.

We are 4 with expirience. Let's knock this out.

1. Subtervotion
2. Messiek
3. Blunoise1
4. Mike
5. Bit
6. Full

Edit: Full

Tovarisc

Ok... that's what i thought. Just random ass decryption as normal. Oh goodie.

Engrams stopped being interesting after hitting light 280 or so, shit keeps decrypting into 270-285 range 99% of the time. Currently sitting on 300+ light with all characters, more or less, and to get 310 I need perfect raid loot rolls.

Top Bottom