• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This micro transaction emote news bums me out. I already paid 140.00 for my Destiny package and now they're trying to squeeze more money out of the player base? Show me the road map to the free DLC we might be getting and I'll be a little more positive.

? You don't have to pay a cent. They are all cosmetic. Not sure why people are bummed about this.

I hardly do them anymore. Even if the rewards were shit at least we have XP boost/radiant light. It just baffles me that Bungie employees sat in their board meeting and approved this. I don't understand how taking away from Nightfall was even a discussion.

The nightfall hate is silly

You only need to do it once a week. Why not?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thanks for the sherpa run Cosmos, Kartik, Drassil and group, it was great first experience. Except for the blank screen part, dunno what happened there.
Haha, you were blind but we guided you to Warpriest's corpse so that you could pick up the loot. That was amazing.

Lnkn52

last week I got an Antiquated Rune and a Mote of Light. I cant wait to see what goodies wait for me this time...

For your sanity, pop 100 3oC.
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Shito

Because, as it is now, it's mostly useless.
Sure you might luck out on one once in a while, but you'd better off playing CoO or burning 3oCs on strikes than having to deal with the NF.
I was doing my 3 NFs a week religiously before TTK, and now I don't bother with them anymore. I already have so many things to do / farm that I can't justify spending the time to do those.

I'd be curious to have the number of the drop in people doing them, just to know if we are a minority bitching about it or if a real drop does indeed exist.

Tovarisc

I guess a lot of anger towards NFall comes from the fact that during Y1 it actually gave you faction rep [500 / NFall] and meaningful rewards were more common. Now in Y2 you get jackshit as rep, rewards are pretty much garbage tier even with 3 clears / week and it doesn't even give you XP buff anymore.

Y2 NFall is pale shadow of what it was in Y1.

Is CoO3 new this week?

Kagoor, boss from 1st TTK week. Spawned it myself to see.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is CoO3 new this week?

No idea but i got my rune ready :D

Gonna go grab some fud and do some CoO bit later on if anyone's up for it.

Got
3 Uncharged Tier2
7 Charged Tier2
2 Uncharged Tier3
2 Charged Tier3

However im gonna save 1 or 2 of those tier3s for science.

Old boss? Sad D: Where is the last 3? fragments?

Least you didn't get 1 mote of light. Literally 1. I've seen that happen to a friend of mine, man was he pissed

Oh my one blue decoded into a mote i believe... or a single strange coin lol... the crazy part is i get at least one legendary from a group of 5-10 blues per decryption stop.

Bring back the XP! :(

This! Or some sort of bonus to increase legendary/exotic drops in strikes and the crucible. Like a weekly buff that stacks.

SeanR1221

? You don't have to pay a cent. They are all cosmetic. Not sure why people are bummed about this.

Because now we're in the dark on where the future of DLC is going? Like I said, lay out a road map (expect a new raid within 3 months, new strike next month, etc) and the micro transactions make a lot of sense.

Bungie botched a lot leading up to TTK and they delivered in the end so I'll try and remain optimistic I guess.

E92 M3

This micro transaction emote news bums me out. I already paid 140.00 for my Destiny package and now they're trying to squeeze more money out of the player base? Show me the road map to the free DLC we might be getting and I'll be a little more positive.

I think optional emotes is a great thing because it will truly subsidize future content. The same way R* does with Shark Cards. GTA V is constantly getting new stuff and updates.

Secondly, I wish Bungie had something like Bungie Pro for Destiny. I'd eat that up.

deafmedal

Thanks to everyone I raided with last night, super smooth run. Hope to get triple jump unlocked on my nightstalker before I run the raid with her again, I figured the jumpy bits would be tricky only having had 2 clears prior to last nights run, both on warlock. Ran the raid with a blue helm, and afterwards decided to run a NF so I took a gamble on a purp engram from Raul's buddy. Made a joke how the dumb game would prolly give me a hat for NF reward... and I did :p

310 Skyburners Annex *yay!*

Will keep running NFs I guess heh.
Next up, get Titan raid ready. Still haven't finished leveling even one of the new subclasses :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I didn't even bother to do NF last week. It definitely needs something to keep it relevant in this post-3oC world.

SO the The Pitiless Bargain emblem...you only get that with finishing and obtaining the Touch of Malice quest/weapon right? No other way to get it? I'm asking because my brother has it but unless I am mistaken he does not have Touch of Malice...?

RexNovis

Banned
Drassil and Rawr tossed you a friend request. Meant to do so after our raid last week but it slipped my mind. Hope to see you guys around. Had fun raiding with you guys (despite my utter failure at the jumping sections) haha

Bradach

Nightfalls are a waste of time. I only did 1 of 3 last week, and will probably do 0 this week.

This weeks one takes about 15 - 20 mins to do with a decent team though. I done two earlier and got 2 exotic rewards at the end (granted they were Y2 versions of old exotics).

I think its worth it this week but I do like that strike though.

shermas

So bummed... finally got my 45th calcified fragment, but I haven't finished the Raid yet, so I can't do the final ToM mission. I didn't realize that the Raid drops were part of the quest.

I need to finish up the daughters and final fight this week, I guess.

Tovarisc

SO the The Pitiless Bargain emblem...you only get that with finishing and obtaining the Touch of Malice quest/weapon right? No other way to get it? I'm asking because my brother has it but unless I am mistaken he does not have Touch of Malice...?

Yeah, it's given to you for finishing up Malice along with trophy.

I guess a lot of anger towards NFall comes from the fact that during Y1 it actually gave you faction rep [500 / NFall] and meaningful rewards were more common. Now in Y2 you get jackshit as rep, rewards are pretty much garbage tier even with 3 clears / week and it doesn't even give you XP buff anymore.

Y2 NFall is pale shadow of what it was in Y1.

Kagoor, boss from 1st TTK week. Spawned it myself to see.

Ive gotten an exotic each time :/

Its actually not a bad activity for people that cant play often and run out of coins on the regular

Afrocious

At around 5-530 Eastern Time, I'll stream a full run of King's Fall. I'll post a link later - right now I'm debating about making a new Twitch account using my PSN name if possible.

Anybody interested in a fresh Kings Fall raid?

1. HidingMyThunder
2. Hibano23
3. rarbusto

I'm down. I didn't get the chance to raid last week. PSN same as GAF.

If there's still room, I'm down.

Good raid run last night guys. I was thinking before we started I'd have to take off if we didn't finish by 1AM, but we finished it within 2 hours so that was awesome (even with my Titan scrub jumps).

Let's do it again sometime!

LiK

At around 5-530 Eastern Time, I'll stream a full run of King's Fall. I'll post a link later - right now I'm debating about making a new Twitch account using my PSN name if possible.

heads up, I may not be able to make it. if you don't see me on around then, feel free to get someone else to replace me.

noomi

Is there a good reason to try and rank up a faction to 25 for the quest? Is the exotic class item worth the grind?

I really like my dead orbit cloak, looks sexy and has a pretty cool animation on respawn where black smokes emits from you.

Is there a good reason to try and rank up a faction to 25 for the quest? Is the exotic class item worth the grind?
Unless there's some hidden perk I haven't noticed, no.
If anything, they're a little worse than a regular class item since you can't use them to infuse something else and you can't even wear them if you change faction.
They just look fancy I guess.

They look awesome, I have the New Monarchy Titan Mark and Dead Orbit cloak. I have the faction quest for the FWC bond but I lack a FWC shader. The respawn animations look cool, but other than that...They come at 290 Light and it says it increases the rep gain but it is really minimal.

Afrocious

heads up, I may not be able to make it. if you don't see me on around then, feel free to get someone else to replace me.

Cool beans. No worries.

So now that the dust has settled on TTK what are the top 3 weapons now?

Is there a new 'Gjally"?

The closest thing to the Gjallarhorn right now might be the Black Spindle. Touch of Malice is great for the last two fights of King's Fall, and even in those moments the gun can be a flight risk in less capable hands.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Because now we're in the dark on where the future of DLC is going? Like I said, lay out a road map (expect a new raid within 3 months, new strike next month, etc) and the micro transactions make a lot of sense.

Bungie botched a lot leading up to TTK and they delivered in the end so I'll try and remain optimistic I guess.

I have no faith at all that Bungie will deliver us quality free additional CONTENT. They promised to fix the queens PvE shit last year and never did, and each expansion gave us barely anything new for the price. 97% of the things they've given us so far since Sept 2014 have been obvious QOL fixes, many to fix things that never should have been in the game to begin with. Double the vault storage? OMG THX BUNGIE U THE BEST EVER.

BUT, at least this way players can keep playing and see what they come up with without investing $30 every 3 months on a DLC. The cynic in me thinks they are moving to this pay model solely because they don't have the content to support additional DLCs and that they are focusing towards Destiny 2.

Top Bottom