• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Here's the problem with Nightfall rewards explained in one picture.

CQo2c0pU8AA1CNK.jpg:large

I got a 310 Don't Touch me :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
Engrams stopped being interesting after hitting light 280 or so, shit keeps decrypting into 270-285 range 99% of the time. Currently sitting on 300+ light with all characters, more or less, and to get 310 I need perfect raid loot rolls.

Or exotic engrams rolling 310

Namikaze1

Nah, you can keep your distance with Bolt-Caster, so can easily use it against bosses etc. Raze-Lighter would be useless in the raid tbh. Better off using something else.
Useless? Fig plz! It's the best weapon to use against the knight if you don't have a touch of malice for dps and to take up your exotic slot. Just go Shoryuken the hell out of the knight.

EL CUCO

Nah, you can keep your distance with Bolt-Caster, so can easily use it against bosses etc. Raze-Lighter would be useless in the raid tbh. Better off using something else.
It's also the only weapon currently in the game that can OHK a Sunbreaker Titan.

Engrams stopped being interesting after hitting light 280 or so, shit keeps decrypting into 270-285 range 99% of the time. Currently sitting on 300+ light with all characters, more or less, and to get 310 I need perfect raid loot rolls.

Same to a T here. Well save for being stuck at 295 for a week :/

Need work to be over so I can go back home and grind away more strikes to hopefully get a few purple drops...

Useless? Fig plz! It's the best weapon to use against the knight if you don't have a touch of malice. Just go Shoryuken the hell out of the knight.
It's not necessary at all. I've never used it against him and he goes down fast enough. Sure, if you don't have a ToM, use it. But, like I said, there's a better option.

Same to a T here. Well save for being stuck at 295 for a week :/

Need work to be over so I can go back home and grind away more strikes to hopefully get a few purple drops...

I think you might have to start depending on exotic engram drops so it can be 310 light (right?) after you are light 300, and then just feed them into armor pieces.

Strider

Not a fan of this Armsday stuff...

Give me all my stuff on Tuesday :(
or even better dont make us wait to finish quests at all

Anyway mission in the daily is pretty cool. Hopefully something bigger comes of it....

Spoken like someone who doesn't have Raze-Lighter. It's great for taking down the knight with the aura and the Warpriest knights and the any Centurions running around and left over ogres and I'm sure that I'm missing something.

Snipers for the bosses.

Klyka

Banned
This microtransaction stuff is bringing out the worst threads on gaming side again.

Terrible reading.

Especially those people who always thrw "b-but you spend 120$ !!!" around like it's some kind of actual argument or something. Like spending your own money is somehow terrible and evil and you should be ashamed for yourself.

Did my first TTK nightfall last night I got 310 Ruin Wings. From what I am reading I should not expect that level of loot but it's possible

I think you might have to start depending on exotic engram drops so it can be 310 light (right?) after you are light 300, and then just feed them into armor pieces.

I fear that you are right. And that's going to be my downfall as i have the WORST luck with exotics. I'll find every piece of armor with my Titan for a... hunter. The one class i dont have is decked out with great exotics while my Titan has a low 290 AL chest... grrrrrrrr.

Lnkn52

This microtransaction stuff is bringing out the worst threads on gaming side again.

Terrible reading.

Especially those people who always thrw "b-but you spend 120$ !!!" around like it's some kind of actual argument or something. Like spending your own money is somehow terrible and evil and you should be ashamed for yourself.

Bungie invented Microstransactions. Kappa

Future

All the best dances are going to be locked behind MTs. Believe that.

This is the problem with selling shaders, and sparrows, and armor skins behind MCs... Then they start putting 100% of the best looking stuff behind the pay wall.

Yeah, but if the whales fund destiny by going HAM on all the cosmetic stuff, then they won't need as many paid expansions, and can instead expand the game for everyone. Sounds interesting to me, assuming they do provide interesting missions, strikes over the next year for free

E92 M3

Yeah I know Bolt-Caster is awesome; wish the sword was a little more snazzier, though!

Nighte

I fear that you are right. And that's going to be my downfall as i have the WORST luck with exotics. I'll find every piece of armor with my Titan for a... hunter. The one class i dont have is decked out with great exotics while my Titan has a low 290 AL chest... grrrrrrrr.

Edit. Misread :)

Spoken like someone who doesn't have Raze-Lighter. It's great for taking down the knight with the aura and the Warpriest knights and the any Centurions running around and left over ogres and I'm sure that I'm missing something.

Snipers for the bosses.

I have all 3 swords. Raze-Lighter isn't a significant improvement on Dark-Drinker and Dark-Drinker will also get rid of any ads in the vicinity. This hard-on for the Raze-Lighter is strange to me.

Shito

Terrible reading.

Yeah, not reading that thread other there, nope nope nope. Gaming-side has the "match game" modifier on for anything Destiny related...

Namikaze1

Snipers for the bosses.
Yep. It's great for a lot of things in the raid.

Edit. Misread :)

I know... but it's so hard as the set of Hunter gear is just sitting there... tempting me to start a Hunter... and i keep saying no... Titan/Warlock master races i'll shard them.

Other big problem is i have all shitty perked blue armor at 195 and 197 light... I'd really much prefer to spend my exotics in good legendary or exotic armor that i haven't been able to find :'(

No... you're right i'm pretty sure you can use any type of helmet to infuse another... class doesn't matter. Or does it?

I have all 3 swords. Raze-Lighter isn't a significant improvement on Dark-Drinker and Dark-Drinker will also get rid of any ads in the vicinity. This hard-on for the Raze-Lighter is strange to me.

Ah, you are speaking from experience I see. Good to know that the others stack up nicely, but that still doesn't mean that it's useless in the raid. It's the only one I have, and I love it!

Thank you TylerDurden.

Jeez, you expect to be able to finish of Oryx quickly when you're going in with a group of experienced people. Then you still get people who forget they have to detonate their orbs or don't jump on their platforms.

I'm done for the day, that was too frustrating. Especially since everything else up to that just went so smoothly. Warpriest down in one try. Golgoroth down in one try. I'll finish Oryx off one last time this week, and then I'm done with raiding.

Ah, you are speaking from experience I see. Good to know that the others stack up nicely, but that still doesn't mean that it's useless in the raid. It's the only one I have, and I love it!

Thank you TylerDurden.

Okay, useless was going a bit far, but it's not comparable to the Gjally. That's all I really meant.

LiK

Any other DGAF member probably going to buy every single microtransaction possible? Hopefully it won't be stuff like: increased vault space, increased character limits--those things should be free for everyone.

When I was younger I always wanted to play WoW--it just seemed like people had so much fun in it but I felt as if I was already too far behind to join the game and the financial barrier was too high for a middle schooler. Now that I am working full time and graduated college I can spend all the money I want on stupid in game items.

if they're all good, i'll buy them. the game has given a lot of good times so whatever. i'll buy it if I like it. I'm not against good microtransactions. depends on the price too.

Lan_97

Finally took down Oryx last night with some pretty chill guardians on lfg. Now to hunt down calcified fragments (sadly missed the last two in raid).

Top Bottom