• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Shito

Yeah, about that video, from reddit:

Facts:

Reddit user account is hours old, only post so far is this post.
Youtube account is hours old, only video is this one
The image of the weapon and the weapon background matches This PR image perfectly.
The background circles behind the weapon do not rotate at all and match the still image above perfectly.
Move along folks, nothing to see here...

Fresh King's fall raid one slots open

1. Dhruv
2. Nightzoor
3. READvacancy
4. biggy70686
5. LooneyLMD

6532-splatoon-only-supports-wii-u-gamepad-single-player-online-multiplayer-45517944.jpg

Okay, useless was going a bit far, but it's not comparable to the Gjally. That's all I really meant.

I almost feel like it's (all of the exotic swords) better than the Gjally. Sure it's a bit apples and oranges since one is a long range weapon, and the other is up close and personal, but in my limited experience the swords are better.

Dudes were working on a CoO boss for about a minute or two while I was cleaning up my inventory and checking GAF. They had the boss down about a 1/4 and I rolled in and took the other 3/4's off in two swipes. That is Gjally power without the potential to have prox det set the thing off in your face.

Gjally may make things go a hair quicker from a distance, but the sword has bailed me out of trouble more than enough times to be a worthy replacement.

Doing another quick daily story.
Going for the ghosts and the alternate path.
I can show you where to go.
Just jump in and don't kill any vex at the start.

This one is a lot of fun, has the ending been known or is that a new secret with the
portal and boss fight
? The exploration is great.

ich00

Morning DGaf,

A little late in catching up with the thread, wanted to give a big thanks to this group for an super smooth 2 hour complete run for my first Oryx kill...

Anybody planning a full raid before reset? I still need to run it on my Titan.

I need to take my Hunter through it.

I'll join if you still have room.

Fresh run?

I'll join if so... 299 Titan.

PSN : MikeGaum1984

And then another thanks to this group for kill number 2, including the amazing platforming by breezy and congrats for Ghaleon for his first kill, although I know it was a bit confusing at time, you played like a grizzled vet.

Yes please. I'm a newbie, but got to the sisters checkpoint - never done them - earlier this week.

I still owe you a finish Ghaleon, so I'll hop along

I'd like to join if you still have room.

I can. PSN: androo2300

Anyone doing an Oryx run or looking to start run? I have the checkpoint and would love to get it done before the reset. PS4 name is wmc342

Anytime any of you guys want to run the raid let me know, I'd be glad to do it again with you.

This one is a lot of fun, has the ending been known or is that a new secret with the
portal and boss fight
? The exploration is great.

Where exactly is this
alt path to start this alternate sequence/boss fight... the "jump off the ledge float back down under the tunnel in the beginning" path that lead up to top of Templar"
?

About to hop on and want to know if I'm fucking up some how.

I have popped 7 3oC on Strikes and I've gotten NOTHING. What am I doing wrong? I did 7 Strikes and popped the coins each before the strike started.

Shito

I have popped 7 3oC on Strikes and I've gotten NOTHING. What am I doing wrong? I did 7 Strikes and popped the coins each before the strike started.
Only thing wrong is your luck!
Not having anything after 7 3oCs is totally in the norms, though, I've had worse streaks than that when farming Draksis that first day the coins were being sold... ^^

FyreWulff

It only increases the chances for a drop, and that chance goes up with each coin use. You aren't guaranteed a drop per coin.

You'll probably get an exotic engram within the next two or three

Not doing anything wrong. Bungie stealth nerfed the drop rates is all. I've gotten way fewer drops per 3oC since Bungie killed Draksis farming.

noomi

I've had some bad luck with these recently. Must have gone through about 7 as well and have no exotic engrams to show for it.

I do have success off of raid bosses, tonight I will be using them on each one.

LiK

I just need 11 more Calcified Fragments for the ToM. I think I got all the Raid, CoO and Strike ones. hopefully i'll get it tonight.

Ocho

What was the issue?

Not sure, I felt I performed great, but having a go with 6 people without anyone making a mistake seems to be terribly hard. I almost downed Oryx (one the100 group). Gorgoroth wasn't even close (tried with two different groups, one of gaffers and one random the100).

Where exactly is this
alt path to start this alternate sequence/boss fight... the "jump off the ledge float back down under the tunnel in the beginning" path that lead up to top of Templar"
?

It is after where the Templar and oracles are then you drop down through the hole in the cavern of sorts, that is for the second ghost I think, then you have to kill the normal boss but don't scan the dead body but rather continue through the vault like you would normally after Gorgon's maze (?), I forget where the third ghost is exactly but once you have it you see the portal open in the distance after a very long drop down and then a fading in-and-out jumping puzzle to get to the portal

Someone with more exploration and experience in the VoG could explain the location of the ghosts and the area in general much better than I can.

flkraven

If I buckle down and get the last 2 Teir 2 calcified fragments from CoO, I'll be at 45 and can get the damn Touch of Malice. Worth the effort?

I almost feel like it's (all of the exotic swords) better than the Gjally. Sure it's a bit apples and oranges since one is a long range weapon, and the other is up close and personal, but in my limited experience the swords are better.

Dudes were working on a CoO boss for about a minute or two while I was cleaning up my inventory and checking GAF. They had the boss down about a 1/4 and I rolled in and took the other 3/4's off in two swipes. That is Gjally power without the potential to have prox det set the thing off in your face.

Gjally may make things go a hair quicker from a distance, but the sword has bailed me out of trouble more than enough times to be a worthy replacement.

Oh, I love my swords. Can't imagine going back to a rocket launcher at this point.

LiK

oh wait, checking a guide and I'm missing a few fragments from CoO. just Tier 2 stuff tho. should be easy

Not doing anything wrong. Bungie stealth nerfed the drop rates is all. I've gotten way fewer drops per 3oC since Bungie killed Draksis farming.

A convoluted cooldown and a drop rate nerf all in one patch. I wish the cooldown was just a timer, because I really don't know when to pop another 3oC. If I get to a strike boss, pop a 3oC, and get nothing...Can I pop another straight away so I don't forget during the next strike? Or is that in the cooldown window?

Happy Reset Day. Tons to do with a full set of raid ready guardians now for the first time.

Not to mention 278 on 1 char on XB1. I'm getting the Hung Jury today after 2 dailies and 2 weekly heroics so regardless of light I'll be raid ready on that as well!

Happy Reset Day. Tons to do with a full set of raid ready guardians now for the first time.

Not to mention 278 on XB1. I'm getting the Hung Jury today after 2 dailies and 2 weekly heroics so regardless of light I'll be raid ready on that as well!

Wait are you still playing on both consoles? Geez take it easy

It is after where the Templar and oracles are then you drop down through the hole in the cavern of sorts, that is for the second ghost I think, then you have to kill the normal boss but don't scan the dead body but rather continue through the vault like you would normally after Gorgon's maze (?), I forget where the third ghost is exactly but once you have it you see the portal open in the distance after a very long drop down and then a fading in-and-out jumping puzzle to get to the portal

Someone with more exploration and experience in the VoG could explain the location of the ghosts and the area in general much better than I can.

Thanks...found a superb video guide for the entire 3 ghost process here https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nopdt/found_memory_vault_of_glass/

PuMa

oh wait, checking a guide and I'm missing a few fragments from CoO. just Tier 2 stuff tho. should be easy

It SHOULD be easy...until you have to reset the encounter over and over again until you get the right combination of bosses.

flkraven

For the daily mission grimoire thing, do you need to kill the boss at the end? Or can you just run by him and go to the jumping puzzle?

I'm on 40 Calcified Fragments, I know I'm missing number 5 in the Raid, and I've never used a tier 2 or 3 rune, so there's 6 more.

And I haven't killed Oryx yet, so yeah, got stuff to do this week.

Top Bottom