• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Homeboyd

For the daily mission grimoire thing, do you need to kill the boss at the end? Or can you just run by him and go to the jumping puzzle?
You have to kill the boss. Just don't go scan the pillar thing after or the mission will end. Kill him and then go to the jumping puzzle.

Anyone need that fear's embrace final quest for the malice, the boss room is borderline insanity. If I had a revive buddy I might live lol

Edit im at the boss, already cleared up to him

Tecnniqe

Banned
Coin loving me today. 2nd coin and prim engram.

Also i hate RNG
VrfD1WL.gif

Same. I'm afraid I might run into a quest where I have to dismantle X amount of Y so I'm dealing with the mess for now

C'mon Cuco--let it go.

I need to purge this weekend probably once I start my last alt. I have so many exotic Y1 duplicates and Y2 duplicates, though I want to keep some Y2 duplicates for easy light level feeding.

LiK

It SHOULD be easy...until you have to reset the encounter over and over again until you get the right combination of bosses.

yea, and my 310 4th Horseman melts CoO bosses. love this gun now. never bothered using the Y1 version.

Baliis

I still dont realize why TLW now get's all this "hate"... i freakin' love that gun. Probably top 3 of all from vanilla on to TTK. The auto-hip-fire is so satisfying in PvE.

Because it was crazy good in pvp. A skilled player with it could drop you faster than you could blink from crazy ranges.

Homeboyd

Cool. If I go with a fireteam, is it okay if people die? As long as we don't wipe?
Not sure. I ran it earlier solo and I died (intentionally to get back to the Templar well) without "wiping" (aka no wipe screen/death zone), and the 2nd memory was not there. Had to start over.

Though I've read doing it in a fireteam, you're ok as long as you don't wipe. I just.. wouldn't die if at all possible :)

Because it was crazy good in pvp. A skilled player with it could drop you faster than you could blink from crazy ranges.

Ahhh so it's a PvP nerf that turned people off? I play very, very little PvP that's probably why. I just got a year 2 but haven't fully leveled it yet (concentrating on raid prep and gear)... anything different/worse with the year 2 TLW?

Ahhh so it's a PvP nerf that turned people off? I play very, very little PvP that's probably why. I just got a year 2 but haven't fully leveled it yet (concentrating on raid prep and gear)... anything different/worse with the year 2 TLW?

Between the range nerf to hand cannons and the individual nerf to TLW you'll struggle to hit a barn yard door from 20ft

Sullichin

I miss OG Last Word so much :(

I'm not over it

Me too. Was the most satisfying gun to use in any shooter for me.

Massive range and accuracy nerf.

spyder_ur

I haven't been following the thread that closely the last day or so, therefore I don't know what consensus is forming around the microtransaction/DLC stuff.

As for me, I'm worried about it. Weirdly, I think I've always kind of enjoyed being able to bitch at Xur/RNG/Rahool/whoever about not getting drops, and like not having to worry about microtransactions and going to a separate storefront and how that is affecting drops and gear. If it really sticks to only emotes and cosmetics (by the way, does this mean only shaders and ships since other stuff ties into light level?) than I can live with it, though.

Mostly though I'm actually bummed about what this sounds like it means for DLC content. This boils down to two real concerns:

1) I don't have any faith in Bungie/Activision (or really any company) to deliver meaningful fun content for 'free' when it doesn't directly benefit them financially.
2) I really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm around the releases of expansions, even if they were flawed in many ways.

I'm happy to be proven wrong on any of this stuff, but I'm skeptical.

Sullichin

I'm still struggling to find a PvP replacement.

Ace of Spades is the best HC for PVP now, but it's obviously very different than TLW.

I actually am quite fond of Monte Carlo in PVP, the hip fire accuracy is great, awesome stability, and very good range.

spyder_ur

A convoluted cooldown and a drop rate nerf all in one patch. I wish the cooldown was just a timer, because I really don't know when to pop another 3oC. If I get to a strike boss, pop a 3oC, and get nothing...Can I pop another straight away so I don't forget during the next strike? Or is that in the cooldown window?

I always pop one immediately after killing an ultra. I don't think the cooldown applies to using the item, but the amount of time in between killing ultras. Seems to be working for me.

flkraven

Not sure. I ran it earlier solo and I died (intentionally to get back to the Templar well) without "wiping" (aka no wipe screen/death zone), and the 2nd memory was not there. Had to start over.

Though I've read doing it in a fireteam, you're ok as long as you don't wipe. I just.. wouldn't die if at all possible :)

Better safe than sorry. Bubble Titan it is

Top Bottom